The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 28 March 2023, 07:38 AM   #1
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Incoming - flame suit ready!

Finally picked one of these abominations. Couldn't resist any longer. I kinda sorta like it. Already have a strap on order. The stock strap is just miserable. But the watch is actually a lot of fun. Fits well too.

I wanted a Pluto from the start. Wound up getting one for over retail BUT when I worked out the cost to buy one at a SWATCH retailer (if they actually had one in stock) including sales tax, tolls, and gas it was almost exactly the same to the dollar. Works for me.

As long as you go into it understanding that this is essentially just a fun toy and don't take it too seriously, I think you may enjoy a Moonswatch.

samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2023, 12:24 PM   #2
dshin525
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 Pepsi
Here is my pluto.

Like you it's the one I wanted upon launch. I got mine a couple weeks after initial release in the 2ndary market. It cost me about $100 more than what I would have paid retail.
The velcro strap does indeed suck. I honestly think it's the most ill fitting, uncomfortable strap ever designed. I put it on an Eriks's Original that was being unused and it went with the watch perfectly.
It is great for what it is...a fun watch not to be taken too seriously. Funny thing before I got this, I was in the market for a Speedy. And then a couple months after getting the moonswatch, it made me want a real Speedy even more, which I ended up getting (Speedy FOIS which you can see in the pic). I then gave the pluto to my son, who's been wearing it everyday non-stop.

I also recently bought the Uranus for my wife. She is not a watch person by any means...but she liked the color. The strap was replaced right away obviously.
dshin525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2023, 04:09 PM   #3
2001jesper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
Nice! .. and yes, instant upgrade once the strap is changed
2001jesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2023, 09:18 PM   #4
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Congratulations.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2023, 09:50 PM   #5
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshin525 View Post
Here is my pluto.

Like you it's the one I wanted upon launch. I got mine a couple weeks after initial release in the 2ndary market. It cost me about $100 more than what I would have paid retail.
The velcro strap does indeed suck. I honestly think it's the most ill fitting, uncomfortable strap ever designed. I put it on an Eriks's Original that was being unused and it went with the watch perfectly.
It is great for what it is...a fun watch not to be taken too seriously. Funny thing before I got this, I was in the market for a Speedy. And then a couple months after getting the moonswatch, it made me want a real Speedy even more, which I ended up getting (Speedy FOIS which you can see in the pic). I then gave the pluto to my son, who's been wearing it everyday non-stop.
That Erika's strap looks really good on it. Very close match. The one I ordered is very similar to that but a two piece setup. I saw someone with it on another forum and ordered the same one. I'll post a pic when I get it but it's going to be a few weeks (shipping from Europe). Congrats on the FOIS by the way. Is that a Perpetual strap is that on the Uranus? Looks good. What do you, and your wife, think of it? I'm considering one of those too.
Old 29 March 2023, 12:02 AM   #6
dshin525
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
That Erika's strap looks really good on it. Very close match. The one I ordered is very similar to that but a two piece setup. I saw someone with it on another forum and ordered the same one. I'll post a pic when I get it but it's going to be a few weeks (shipping from Europe). Congrats on the FOIS by the way. Is that a Perpetual strap is that on the Uranus? Looks good. What do you, and your wife, think of it? I'm considering one of those too.
Yep it's a perpetual strap. It's fairly soft and supple...I liked it a lot when I tried it on and I would definitely recommend it.
dshin525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2023, 06:31 AM   #7
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Quote:
Finally picked one of these abominations. Couldn't resist any longer. I kinda sorta like it. Already have a strap on order. The stock strap is just miserable. But the watch is actually a lot of fun. Fits well too.

I wanted a Pluto from the start. Wound up getting one for over retail BUT when I worked out the cost to buy one at a SWATCH retailer (if they actually had one in stock) including sales tax, tolls, and gas it was almost exactly the same to the dollar. Works for me.

As long as you go into it understanding that this is essentially just a fun toy and don't take it too seriously, I think you may enjoy a Moonswatch.

No flaming from me - it’s the one I like too and I agree with your sentiments. Personally I think they are great for a bit of fun. Why not.
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2023, 11:43 AM   #8
Greglaw
Banned

Looks great, but, I was a big Omega fan, had several and was contemplating between another or a 16610...all I see now when I think of Omega is the moonswatch, can’t help it...so traded the speedy moonwatch for the 16610. Now you’ve inspired me to maybe get one of these, it looks cool, but, I wish it were released as a swatch only, my issue, no one else’s, but, enjoy and it looks awesome on you. Crown and Buckle’s gunmetal supreme nato would look killer on that.
Greglaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2023, 10:49 PM   #9
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greglaw View Post
Looks great, but, I was a big Omega fan, had several and was contemplating between another or a 16610...all I see now when I think of Omega is the moonswatch, can’t help it...so traded the speedy moonwatch for the 16610. Now you’ve inspired me to maybe get one of these, it looks cool, but, I wish it were released as a swatch only, my issue, no one else’s, but, enjoy and it looks awesome on you. Crown and Buckle’s gunmetal supreme nato would look killer on that.
It's a cheap, easy, and fun way to get back into the Omega world. It's cheap enough that you can throw it in your sock drawer and not think about it for a while if you want, then bust it out every so often. But it's definitely a fun watch to try out different straps on. That gunmetal one you suggest looks great. I'll keep that in mind. I'm really thinking about adding a Perpetual strap, but I want to see how much I like the one I ordered from Zuludiver first. This does look nice. They matched the colors up very well.

Old 30 March 2023, 02:21 AM   #10
Guppydriver

Watch: 126710BLNR
I hope you enjoy burning in hell..

Just kidding dog, really glad you enjoy it. I'm not sitting on your side of the fence with regards to these watches, but different opinions make the world spin smoother. No doubt it's a fun and economical way to add some diversity to the collection. Congrats!!
Guppydriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 01:05 AM   #11
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
I hope you enjoy burning in hell..
Hey what better way to test out this new flame suit!
Old 31 March 2023, 01:54 AM   #12
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
I think it looks great Mike

I’m surprised the stock strap isn’t up to snuff … what’s up with that?
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 02:32 AM   #13
Saxonite
"TRF" Member

Enjoy and I've used the same math buying things over msrp. I think they are fun. I picked up the Mars watch last time I was in Vegas. I agree the strap is terrible and swapped mine out immediately. I do wish these were available online but it is what it is, I guess.
Saxonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 03:06 AM   #14
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
I think it looks great Mike

I’m surprised the stock strap isn’t up to snuff … what’s up with that?
Brian it is the worst thing I've ever encountered. I can't decribe how immediately miserable it felt when I first put it on. Maybe it breaks in, but I don't plan on finding out. I wore it for ten minutes and that was enough. The way it's constructed with the plastic loop thing under the 6 side is awful and uncomfortable. On top of that, if you have a larger wrist the part of the strap that flips over becomes much smaller so most of the exposed strap is just that fuzzy velcrow crap. I think it would probably work better on a 6" or less wrist, maybe...

But the watch itself is not bad. Looks good, very comfortable, chrono works well. It has a 1/10th second timer which I didn't even realize. Not sure I'll need that but it's neat to use. And after three days it is dead-on accurate to the second. Yes a $5 quartz movement is better than every single watch I own
Old 31 March 2023, 03:08 AM   #15
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxonite View Post
Enjoy and I've used the same math buying things over msrp. I think they are fun. I picked up the Mars watch last time I was in Vegas. I agree the strap is terrible and swapped mine out immediately. I do wish these were available online but it is what it is, I guess.
Mars is really cool. Not sure I could pull that one off, but I do like it. Particularly the 9 and 3 subdials.

Yeah I did the math and it literally worked out to within a dollar or two of what it would have cost me to drive to a SWATCH store and buy one. And what's the chance they actually have one in stock when I get there? Probably not very good. I didn't even factor my time into it, or it would have moved the needle further into the pre-owned direction
Old 31 March 2023, 03:13 AM   #16
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Brian it is the worst thing I've ever encountered. I can't decribe how immediately miserable it felt when I first put it on. Maybe it breaks in, but I don't plan on finding out. I wore it for ten minutes and that was enough. The way it's constructed with the plastic loop thing under the 6 side is awful and uncomfortable. On top of that, if you have a larger wrist the part of the strap that flips over becomes much smaller so most of the exposed strap is just that fuzzy velcrow crap. I think it would probably work better on a 6" or less wrist, maybe...

But the watch itself is not bad. Looks good, very comfortable, chrono works well. It has a 1/10th second timer which I didn't even realize. Not sure I'll need that but it's neat to use. And after three days it is dead-on accurate to the second. Yes a $5 quartz movement is better than every single watch I own

Good to know on the strap. Sounds like I'd have similar issues.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 12:37 PM   #17
Greglaw
Banned

Looks great !

Quote:
It's a cheap, easy, and fun way to get back into the Omega world. It's cheap enough that you can throw it in your sock drawer and not think about it for a while if you want, then bust it out every so often. But it's definitely a fun watch to try out different straps on. That gunmetal one you suggest looks great. I'll keep that in mind. I'm really thinking about adding a Perpetual strap, but I want to see how much I like the one I ordered from Zuludiver first. This does look nice. They matched the colors up very well.

Love that combo!
Greglaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 12:54 PM   #18
Andad

Watch: A few.
Quote:

I like them.

I would buy one if I could find one in Oz.

How does the 1/10th second timer work when the dial graduations are in 1/3rd second?

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2023, 01:46 AM   #19
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andad View Post
I like them.

I would buy one if I could find one in Oz.

How does the 1/10th second timer work when the dial graduations are in 1/3rd second?
The three o'clock dial is the 1/10th second timer. The way it works is it stays idle while the chrono is running until you stop it. At that point it displays to the 10th of a second. The 2 4 6 8 10 on that dial is how many tenths of a second.

The nine o'clock dial is the minutes. So you get minutes, seconds, and tenths of a second up to 60 minutes. I guess beyond 60 minutes you'll just have to try to remember what hour you are on.

Another thing this chrono can do is split timing. While the chrono is running you press the bottom pusher and the chrono second hand stops and displays the time. But it is still running in the background. Press the top pusher and it advances to that time. Pretty neat.
Old 2 April 2023, 01:18 PM   #20
Reikolexguy
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Somehow I feel like you’re going to end up owning every planet in our solar system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reikolexguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2023, 08:47 PM   #21
FrenchBigCrown
"TRF" Member

Health to enjoy guys.
Old 10 April 2023, 11:32 PM   #22
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

New strap arrived. MUCH improved look over stock IMHO.

Old 11 April 2023, 01:50 PM   #23
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !

Quote:
New strap arrived. MUCH improved look over stock IMHO.

No flame suit needed Mike: that looks great!

Got today the Mission to Mars:

the fact has lume on the 3 and 10 Chrono hands is really cool:

Haven’t wore it yet but agree with the veredict on the factory strap, definitely staying on the box! Have this Lunar Zulu style strap which think will go well with it, will try it soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2023, 07:58 AM   #24
Stephe
Banned

Great looking piece, enjoy wearing it.
I too love the Pluto for its timeless styling.
Stephe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2023, 02:04 AM   #25
EndlessEight

Watch: Hulk, BLRO

Love mine with OEM Omega Nato.

The DeLugs stretchy strap also works well with this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EndlessEight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2023, 05:39 AM   #26
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

The watch has always been fine in my book.

The marketing and selling has been god awful though. That's on Omega/Swatch.
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2023, 06:31 AM   #27
RTG

Watch: Sky-Dweller
Quote:

Congratulations. Pluto is my favorite swatch!

I like the looks of that Perpetual strap too. Never heard of them before but that looks great.
RTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2023, 09:38 PM   #28
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessEight View Post

Love mine with OEM Omega Nato.

Wow that looks really good on the Omega nato. Nice combo there! Mars is a tough one to match up with a strap but I like the route you took.
Old 16 April 2023, 11:38 AM   #29
EndlessEight

Watch: Hulk, BLRO
Thanks dude.
EndlessEight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2023, 12:17 PM   #30
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !

Mission to Mars on Lunar strap