The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 24 February 2023, 04:16 AM   #1
Cronus251
Banned

Love the 300M, hate the bracelet. Aftermarket options?

Love my diver 300M co-axial 42mm but hate the bracelet. Such a stunning watch. Absolutely love the blue so got it with the blue strap and decided I'd search for a better bracelet to use interchangeably. The fact that the bracelet doesn't taper just looks weird to me and frankly just do not like the design. Anybody sell high quality aftermarket bracelets? Want something that fits like it was made for the watch, not a generic lug width bracelet that doesn't sit flush, etc. The speedy bracelet is nice. The oyster style bracelet is nice. Thanks for the suggestions!

Here's a pic of my watch
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 300.jpeg (47.6 KB, 1003 views)
Cronus251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2023, 04:44 AM   #2
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
2 main options
https://unclestraps.com/collections/seamaster

https://forstnerbands.com/collection...mega-seamaster
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2023, 04:50 AM   #3
Cronus251
Banned

Really appreciate that! That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the input. Cheers.
Old 24 February 2023, 04:51 AM   #4
madgpol
"TRF" Member

Watching this thread with interest. Just got the green dial and AD have thrown in the rubber on deployment. Was thinking of changing the bracelet for either of the options Robert mentioned above
madgpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2023, 07:42 AM   #5
JAJ2349
"TRF" Member

Watch: Fifty Fathoms
Deployant
JAJ2349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2023, 07:51 AM   #6
danh1023
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II, ExpII
When I had the 300M, I had the same dislike for the Omega bracelet. I changed it to the Forstner President (1450) and it was much better. The taper and overall comfort was an improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
danh1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2023, 08:24 AM   #7
Cronus251
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by danh1023 View Post
When I had the 300M, I had the same dislike for the Omega bracelet. I changed it to the Forstner President (1450) and it was much better. The taper and overall comfort was an improvement.

Wow that looks great! And on the blue as well
Old 24 February 2023, 08:36 AM   #8
danh1023
"TRF" Member

I forgot that I also had briefly tried the Uncle Seiko Beads of Rice as well. I liked it, but it was a bit blingy for my liking.

Old 24 February 2023, 09:43 AM   #9
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

I like Forstner but the best bracelet in my eyes are the mesh bracelets from Omega oem. Otherwise I keep them on rubber.... Original bracelets are bad I agree.
sensui is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2023, 10:40 AM   #10
Cronus251
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensui View Post
I like Forstner but the best bracelet in my eyes are the mesh bracelets from Omega oem. Otherwise I keep them on rubber.... Original bracelets are bad I agree.
Are you talking about the ones that came on the 2 special edition 007 watches? The NTTD and the 60th. If so, yes, those are sweet. I have the NTTD and while I love the watch and the bracelet, the clasp is horrific.
Old 24 February 2023, 10:45 AM   #11
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

I want to say there was a thread a little while back from a member Chiboy (I think) where in he had done a flat link Omega bracelet with aftermarket end links. Looked real nice.
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2023, 10:45 AM   #12
hbbfam
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega SMP300
I find the bracelet that comes with the 300smp to be remarkably comfortable. The small adjustments that I can make in the AZ heat work very well.
hbbfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2023, 01:55 PM   #13
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronus251 View Post
Are you talking about the ones that came on the 2 special edition 007 watches? The NTTD and the 60th. If so, yes, those are sweet. I have the NTTD and while I love the watch and the bracelet, the clasp is horrific.
I am and happen to love the bracelet since release. I think Omega makes one of the best deployants in the game. So I don't have an issue with the clasp as you mentioned. Just have to make sure you get the shorter one if you have a smaller wrist like me to avoid excess folding.
sensui is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2023, 02:03 PM   #14
JohnGingerwood
2024 Pledge Member

Forstner. Really nice quality for the price.
JohnGingerwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2023, 05:42 AM   #15
Roddypeepa
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 SubC SMPCcoax
I’ve never tried an aftermarket bracelet but it’s pretty good on a nato and rubber.

I personally think the bracelet is ok on OEM bracelet - it’s just that it’s a heavy watch. If I want comfort I’ll wear an allle watch or something smaller on leather- it’s a massive, chunky sports watch so it’s never going to be all that comfortable

Roddypeepa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2023, 06:36 AM   #16
Cronus251
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddypeepa View Post
I’ve never tried an aftermarket bracelet but it’s pretty good on a nato and rubber.

I personally think the bracelet is ok on OEM bracelet - it’s just that it’s a heavy watch. If I want comfort I’ll wear an allle watch or something smaller on leather- it’s a massive, chunky sports watch so it’s never going to be all that comfortable

Agree, love it on the OEM blue rubber and also have the NTTD 300M with the optional NATO and that thing is light AF.
Old 2 March 2023, 06:48 AM   #17
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Has anyone tried the 3861 Speedmaster bracelet on the Seamaster?
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2023, 08:29 AM   #18
DG123
"TRF" Member

Watch: Oyster Perpetual
What is the difference (s) between the stock bracelet of the Moonwatch 3861 and the 321 model?
DG123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2023, 04:23 PM   #19
ducatiti
Banned

I don't think I'll never be contented with purchasing an aftermarket bracelet. If I did, I probably won't stop buying till I get an OEM version. Purchased this and never looked back..

ducatiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2023, 11:46 PM   #20
atxwatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiti View Post
I don't think I'll never be contented with purchasing an aftermarket bracelet. If I did, I probably won't stop buying till I get an OEM version. Purchased this and never looked back..

What bracelet is that? Flatlink from the Ed White?
atxwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2023, 11:49 PM   #21
atxwatch
"TRF" Member

OP. I know you asked for bracelet info, but let me just chime in and say that another excellent alternative is the Artem Sailcloth strap on the OEM Omega deployant. Really a fantastic combo that looks more elegant than the OEM rubber and therefore provides better versatility, but it still gives you full water resistance.

I have been wearing the heck out of my SMP300 since putting it on the Artem a couple of months ago. Previously, I barely worse it anymore.
atxwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2023, 08:58 AM   #22
Cronus251
Banned

Quote:
When I had the 300M, I had the same dislike for the Omega bracelet. I changed it to the Forstner President (1450) and it was much better. The taper and overall comfort was an improvement. [/IMG]

Decided to go with the Forstner President 1450 bracelet. Unfortunately they say "coming soon" on the product page. I'll have to keep an eye out every so often to see if they get them back in stock. Did you look at the Uncle President 1450 bracelet as well? If so, any reason why you went with the Forstner over it? Appreciate it!
Old 20 March 2023, 12:45 AM   #23
danh1023
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Decided to go with the Forstner President 1450 bracelet. Unfortunately they say "coming soon" on the product page. I'll have to keep an eye out every so often to see if they get them back in stock. Did you look at the Uncle President 1450 bracelet as well? If so, any reason why you went with the Forstner over it? Appreciate it!
You know, I didn't consider the Uncle Seiko President. Not sure why, since I was already familiar with the quality of his stuff having had the beads of rice previously on the 300m. I liked the presentation of the Forstner bracelet on their site and a friend who has one suggested I try it in place of the OEM bracelet. That bracelet now lives on the Speedmaster Professional that I traded the 300m for, so it's a versatile bracelet. I do like the stretchy links on the Forstner even though I usually wear my watches on the loose side so they can move around. I would think that the Uncle Seiko bracelet would be equally as nice though.
Old 20 March 2023, 12:47 AM   #24
Cronus251
Banned

Quote:
You know, I didn't consider the Uncle Seiko President. Not sure why, since I was already familiar with the quality of his stuff having had the beads of rice previously on the 300m. I liked the presentation of the Forstner bracelet on their site and a friend who has one suggested I try it in place of the OEM bracelet. That bracelet now lives on the Speedmaster Professional that I traded the 300m for, so it's a versatile bracelet. I do like the stretchy links on the Forstner even though I usually wear my watches on the loose side so they can move around. I would think that the Uncle Seiko bracelet would be equally as nice though.
Appreciate the insight. Maybe I'll give the Uncle a try.

I'll post back an update when I get it installed.
Old 22 March 2023, 12:53 AM   #25
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxwatch View Post
What bracelet is that? Flatlink from the Ed White?
Looks like it. And while I love the combination, the modern Omega logo on the dial contrasting with the vintage Omega logo on the clasp would bother me. I do agree that this is light years ahead of the bracelet it currently comes on.

Omega looks to be moving towards the mesh bracelet (which has a slight taper) as the new 300M bracelet. I think future models will come on this bracelet, but this option is not without faults also. The bracelet tends to layer poorly and is thick by the clasp which can cause a gap if the bracelet and wrist size aren't perfectly proportioned together.

I'd like Omega to issue a modern flatlink bracelet with a proper diver's extension for the SMP 300M. That would be my dream.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2023, 01:02 AM   #26
Cronus251
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager135 View Post
.......but this option is not without faults also. The bracelet tends to layer poorly and is thick by the clasp which can cause a gap if the bracelet and wrist size aren't perfectly proportioned together.
Just a stunning bracelet and I love the look of it on the SM300. But......the fit of it is absolutely horrific. I don't wear mine because of it and seriously thinking of getting rid of it.
Old 22 March 2023, 01:06 AM   #27
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Just a stunning bracelet and I love the look of it on the SM300. But......the fit of it is absolutely horrific. I don't wear mine because of it and seriously thinking of getting rid of it.
This is what I hear over and over and is preventing me from ordering the stainless steel version from an Omega boutique. I do not own, but I have tried on the NTTD with the titanium mesh bracelet and the fit was terrible for me. I know others have had success. There just has to be a better way to engineer the mesh bracelet to avoid all the overlap.
Old 22 March 2023, 01:08 AM   #28
Cronus251
Banned

Quote:
This is what I hear over and over and is preventing me from ordering the stainless steel version from an Omega boutique. I do not own, but I have tried on the NTD with the titanium mesh bracelet and the fit was terrible for me. I know others have had success. There just has to be a better way to engineer the mesh bracelet to avoid all the overlap.
I have the NTTD and it's just stunning and so insanely light. And when I wear it nobody can probably tell how horrible it sits on my wrist. But the odd feel of how it lays down is evident and just drives me nuts so I take it off, but pack in the case, and select a different watch for the day.
Old 22 March 2023, 01:45 AM   #29
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have the NTTD and it's just stunning and so insanely light. And when I wear it nobody can probably tell how horrible it sits on my wrist. But the odd feel of how it lays down is evident and just drives me nuts so I take it off, but pack in the case, and select a different watch for the day.
Ugh... Because to me this watch is EXACTLY where Omega should be taking the SMP 300M. It is a beautiful piece, lacks the date, and has the mesh bracelet that in photos looks amazing. I have the regular production blue SMP 300M which I love, but I never put it on the bracelet it came one. I wear it on the OEM rubber strap; which is fine, but it's a little too much blue for me and only makes it a day or so before it gets rotated out.
Old 22 March 2023, 02:28 AM   #30
Cronus251
Banned

Quote:
Ugh... Because to me this watch is EXACTLY where Omega should be taking the SMP 300M. It is a beautiful piece, lacks the date, and has the mesh bracelet that in photos looks amazing. I have the regular production blue SMP 300M which I love, but I never put it on the bracelet it came one. I wear it on the OEM rubber strap; which is fine, but it's a little too much blue for me and only makes it a day or so before it gets rotated out.
Agreed. Love my blue 300M but yes, that is a lot of blue with the OEM rubber strap. That's why I am adding the president 1450 bracelet.

I'm really bummed about the mesh bracelet though since I love my SM watches and I'm a huge Bond fan. Oh well. It looks beautiful in my case