The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 26 September 2018, 11:23 PM   #61
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor & Cartier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
This “health” excuse is rubbish. If you are truly sick and require constant monitoring then you would be given a profesional medical monitoring device. Even Apple has a disclosure in the manual that it is not a medical device. Apple brainwash 101 to make you feel good about wearing their gadget.
Exactly. Marketing 101
Old 27 September 2018, 02:52 AM   #62
yannis
"TRF" Member

Watch: maniac
I guess it would be OK wearing it on the opposite wrist.

yannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2018, 07:00 PM   #63
osamu
"TRF" Member

My fitbit is starting to fall apart after like 3 year, and I've been also heavily considering this. I think if wearing long sleeves, it would barely be noticeable. I also feel like an all black Apple watch would fly a little more under the radar vs. wearing a SS with like a bright strap.

My main concern is that I know there will be another AW in a year, and one of these days they're going to change the whole look, strap connection system, etc.
osamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2018, 12:58 AM   #64
"TRF" Member

I’ve struggled with this myself. I love the idea of leaving my phone at home and like the heart rate monitoring and other features.

I still toy with the idea of wearing a watch on each wrist, but don’t think I’m ready to go down that path yet.
3581512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2018, 02:10 AM   #65
tom2517
"TRF" Member

Apparently like SS Rolex and Patek, AW 4 is selling like hot cakes. Apple has enlisted second supplier to make more AW 4 as the original supplier Quanta Computer is a full capacity.
tom2517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2018, 07:22 AM   #66
Vaxe
"TRF" Member

I just got a 4 and keep it in my pocket for passive activity tracking. Only goes on the wrist @ the gym for HR.
One day when they figure out how to keep the screen always on is when it’ll be a serious wrist contender.
Vaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2018, 05:08 AM   #67
CashGap
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3581512 View Post
I still toy with the idea of wearing a watch on each wrist, but don’t think I’m ready to go down that path yet.
It no longer bothers me.

CashGap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2018, 01:01 AM   #68
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

I wouldn't underestimate the value of the ECG app once they get actual FDA approval for the device and app. Atrial fibrillation is a very common arrhythmia and one of the leading causes of stroke, and that's what the app is targeting. I currently use a Kardia device that functions very similarly to what Apple is doing here, and it's a game changer for me. Now I can open an app, do a 30-second single-lead ECG, and know what to do next. No call to the doc, urgent care visit, etc. Who wants to carry around a "professional grade" monitor all the time when your watch or phone can do it?

Now I do agree that the whole health monitoring device craze is a bunch of promise without results. There have been several studies showing that there has been no significant health benefit to wearing a heart rate and activity monitor. This could change with time if targeted cohorts are studied, but for now it's more just for fun and lifestyle, and isn't hurting anyone.
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2018, 09:58 AM   #69
AVphile
"TRF" Member

Watch: 18K Cartier Pasha
Update -- Rolex Datejust and Apple 4

For the past three months, I have been wearing a mechanical watch (~90% of the time my Datejust --RG/steel / ~10% one of my seven others) on my left wrist and my Apple 4 on my right wrist. I wanted to share my conclusion, which is they are compatible. However, the Apple is an appliance which requires one to interface with it to obtain the sought response. The Rolex is a watch; one simply glances at it and instantly receives a highly accurate display of the current time -- no muss, no fuss. Also, since I purchased a black case/face and black metal band (magnetized, which is surprisingly functional and comfortable) Apple "watch", most of the time I have this black "thing" on my right wrist. It is hardly an object of beauty. In contrast, my Rolex is undeniably beautiful. Even after owning it for several months, every time I look at it I am delighted.

Bottom line: the winner is -- Rolex!
AVphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2018, 02:15 PM   #70
gtnator
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DSSD, SD43, Pepsi,
Rolex and the Apple 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3581512 View Post
I’ve struggled with this myself. I love the idea of leaving my phone at home and like the heart rate monitoring and other features.

Yup, I can’t do it (wear both on each wrist either). I’ve settled it for myself, I only wear the Apple Watch for workouts. Rolex goes everywhere else. On vacations it’s only Rolex. I don’t want to mess around with yet another charger that I can loose or forget or worse, have a “watch” run out of charge during the day. So no, my Apple Watch Series 4 only comes on at the gym, while I’m local. And all is well in the universe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gtnator is offline   Reply With Quote