The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 20 October 2018, 12:45 PM   #91
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seibei View Post
It is slightly off, but it would not bother me. If you need perfect QC, then Grand Seiko is the go to brand.
This is always the mystery to me. Leave out history, resale, marketing, blah blah blah, just take the watch......Grand Seiko makes a better watch for less money. I’m sure Rolex is capable, but they’re no longer held to the high standard. Part of the problem is that “fans” of the brand accept less quality and defend the brand to the grave.
All that being said.....I have an LN with a perfectly aligned bezel, cyclops, rehaut, AND (drumroll please) crown. Though I did have to send it in to get some debris off the dial......almost perfect.
Old 20 October 2018, 01:13 PM   #92
eco8gator
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5060/a
It does look off, mine is dead nuts on. If it bothers you that much send it in and get it adjusted...
Old 20 October 2018, 01:17 PM   #93
Dan S
2024 Pledge Member

I think it's probably within standard tolerances.
Old 20 October 2018, 01:25 PM   #94
Drive
"TRF" Member

Watch: Wife has way more
It is off, but I never look my watches over that good and I always have a perfect watch. :)
Old 20 October 2018, 01:44 PM   #95
BrazenC5
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1665,1675,1680,SD4
It's worth more, when it comes time to resell, make sure you mention that this one has the "error bezel."

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 20 October 2018, 02:10 PM   #96
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstan9 View Post
Yes, what you say in explanation is fine. Telling someone their comment is laughable is rude. Why not take a moment and say what you mean.

For example, I’ve read many comments from many people over my past 15 months or so here on TRF who are far more experienced than I, about how the fit and finish of a Rolex doesn’t compare to higher-end watches. Since Rolex is as high as I can consider financially, it’s high end to me. But apparently many do consider it a mid-tier, mass-production brand. That is not “laughable” but a respectable position. Positions can be discussed. Insults cannot.

That’s my point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please accept my apologies because I also laughed.

But in my defence I didn’t post that it was laughable.

Old 20 October 2018, 07:06 PM   #97
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Just cannot understand 4 pages on a miniscule fraction of a mm of a so called alignment point.Gone are the days when this forum was dedicated to the history of RWC and watches, I sometime wonder what's happened to today's Rolex wearers.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Old 20 October 2018, 07:15 PM   #98
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
As my old man used to say.."A blind man on a galloping horse wont notice it.."

Chill & enjoy your new watch...

instagram: max.parkin
Old 20 October 2018, 09:55 PM   #99
eco8gator
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5060/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Just cannot understand 4 pages on a miniscule fraction of a mm of a so called alignment point.Gone are the days when this forum was dedicated to the history of RWC and watches, I sometime wonder what's happened to today's Rolex wearers.
You are right, this watch (steel sports) was originally designed to to be a pilots aid...this slightly off bezel is good enough. Today, these watches are expensive jewelry (that happen to be durable, even more so than the original) and the expectation is they are built perfect.

The new clients = scalpers, "investors", frequent travelers, and whiny OCD collectors :) and possibly a pilot.

That is your new base and most of them don't care about the history just that the watch holds and possibly increases in value and possibly the asthetic.

Sad...
Old 20 October 2018, 10:41 PM   #100
puckbw11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco8gator View Post
You are right, this watch (steel sports) was originally designed to to be a pilots aid...this slightly off bezel is good enough. Today, these watches are expensive jewelry (that happen to be durable, even more so than the original) and the expectation is they are built perfect.

The new clients = scalpers, "investors", frequent travelers, and whiny OCD collectors :) and possibly a pilot.

That is your new base and most of them don't care about the history just that the watch holds and possibly increases in value and possibly the asthetic.

Sad...

Lots of judgment on me without even knowing me. I just asked a simple question. Could it be possible that I may care about the history but also be a little OCD about my purchase (and admittedly a bit loco)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 20 October 2018, 10:44 PM   #101
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Just goes to show this OCD is a serious condition that should be clinically classified.

It really is fascinating that a tool watch has evolved to this point.
Old 20 October 2018, 10:58 PM   #102
kauffee
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LN, 116500LN
What I can’t understand is people calling this OCD and deriding those that are bothered by it. A Rolex is a luxury timepiece and for many people is an aspirational purchase that they’ve saved hard-earned money for. It should be perfect. A misaligned bezel clearly visible by the naked eye, which many of these are, is not acceptable to many buyers.

If it wouldn’t bother you, fine. But some people have a finer eye for the details.
Old 20 October 2018, 11:07 PM   #103
Buzzlite
"TRF" Member

This is turning..

Maybe the guy just purchased and was bit disapointed to find his Bezel slightly off. Its alot of money for some people and hard saving.

Rolex has strived and advertised as perfection you can't blame the guy. The expectations are set high and that is Rolex doing.

To the OP take posts in here with a pinch of salt and enjoy you're wonderful piece. As I said already you can get it sorted by RSC or wait till service time which is what I would recommend.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 20 October 2018, 11:15 PM   #104
DoctorA
"TRF" Member

Wow!! Over 100 posts on this???
Happy weekend everyone!
Old 20 October 2018, 11:44 PM   #105
puckbw11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorA View Post
Wow!! Over 100 posts on this???