The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 October 2018, 02:00 PM   #1
greanie
"TRF" Member

Bracelet storage? (NATO/ Rubber Strap Installed in the meantime)

So I removed my oyster bracelet to put on an aftermarket strap for some style and comfort points.

What do you guys who have done this (this is where I queue all the oyster bracelet lovers to start yelling at me as to why I would ever remove the greatest thing since sliced bread) do with the bracelet?

I wrapped mine in cling-wrap and have placed it in my safe with the other watches not being worn. (Also inside a ziploc bag)

Is saran/ cling wrap safe for these stainless steel bracelets (I don’t see an issue with it, but I’m not a scientist who understands the reactions of metal and lack of air and whatever else I may possibly be introducing, hence the question) ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2018, 08:08 PM   #2
|404|
Banned

It will be fine...

Mines sat in my watch tool box wrapped in a few sheets of toilet paper / tissue paper...

It's metal, not a beloved pet. It will be fine.
|404| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2018, 08:31 PM   #3
bmrisko
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many...
I use tackle boxes for organizing. One for various bracelets and a few for vatious Natos and 2-piece straps. I don't bother wrapping the bracelets with anything because they're bracelets...they're going to get scratches regardless of what you do.
bmrisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2018, 09:26 PM   #4
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
It’s fine, but I usually just toss it in a travel pouch. You can pick one up through the sale section for $20 or so
Old 20 October 2018, 09:52 PM   #5
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
No issues as long as no movement. I avoid metal to metal contact and any friction. Not an issue if it is in a non-movable storage container.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2018, 11:39 PM   #6
MCO1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona C white
Mine generally live in a ziploc bag when not on the watch. Its 904 stainless steel, Rolex claims is pretty durable.:)
MCO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2018, 12:05 AM   #7
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greanie View Post
So I removed my oyster bracelet to put on an aftermarket strap for some style and comfort points.

What do you guys who have done this (this is where I queue all the oyster bracelet lovers to start yelling at me as to why I would ever remove the greatest thing since sliced bread) do with the bracelet?

I wrapped mine in cling-wrap and have placed it in my safe with the other watches not being worn. (Also inside a ziploc bag)

Is saran/ cling wrap safe for these stainless steel bracelets (I don’t see an issue with it, but I’m not a scientist who understands the reactions of metal and lack of air and whatever else I may possibly be introducing, hence the question) ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are talking about one of the strongest and hardest wearing material made today by man SS.Why anyone would thing it would need the protection of clingfilm and a ziplock bag defeats me.When wearing your watch do you wear it covered in clingfilm and in a ziplock bag.If no then common sense should tell you storing protection is not needed in any form.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2018, 12:56 AM   #8
Sarosh
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
My Everest bands came with a plastic wallet with two slots, one for each of the bands. So at changeover time each side of the bracelet goes in that.

“It’s a watch, it tells time. Not much else”
Sarosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2018, 03:04 AM   #9
zengineer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
We are talking about one of the strongest and hardest wearing material made today by man SS.Why anyone would thing it would need the protection of clingfilm and a ziplock bag defeats me.When wearing your watch do you wear it covered in clingfilm and in a ziplock bag.If no then common sense should tell you storing protection is not needed in any form.
I get it, they aren't rare collectable coins but I don't think it's quite that extreme to put it in a plastic bag just so it isn't constantly rubbing up against the other various metal things floating around in my Rubbermaid tub O'watch parts. This way any extra links, special spring bars or anything else that belongs to it goes in the same snack bag and stays together.
zengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2018, 01:09 AM   #10
greanie
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post

LOL! . . . No i dont carry a Ziploc bag around my watch during normal wear.
But im also not tossing it into the safe with my other Metal "Objects" and letting it get slapped around. Especially not when its Brand new removed off the bracelet just after purchase, i dont mind putting scratches and dings in it . . . but if im not wearing and these things are happening then i dont get to have cool stories of scratches and such.
Also if i ever decide to "Flip" or "Trade" the watch the Bracelet is in NEW condition. Cant hurt to take the extra care now for it to "Possibly" pay off later.

@padi56, You are right about any extra "Care" . . . Shouldnt "NEED" the extra precaution to keep the Stainless Steel safe. I was curious how others keep theirs "Stored" and if there are any precautions to be concerned with when storing Stainless Steel (Moisture, Staining, yadda yadda). Figured it was worth an ask.
greanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2018, 01:12 AM   #11
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko's
ziplock
toxicavenger is offline   Reply With Quote