The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 12 January 2013, 10:05 AM   #31
jmed
"TRF" Member

Just purchased a Deep Sea couple weeks back and the AD had 2 white dial SS Daytonas, one in case and one in window, they also had 2 LV Sub C, one in case and one in window. I think the price most Rolex are at now buyers are thinking of other options. Prices are getting closer to what AP ROO can be had, and not everybody has one.
jmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2013, 12:15 PM   #32
xjeeunitx
2024 Pledge Member

I should have clarified. In the US, if you take the time to call some ADs in your state, you will be able to find one. It is really not hard to find one. It is not as rare as what people experienced in the past.
xjeeunitx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2013, 12:19 PM   #33
Psmith
"TRF" Member

Watch: spring-driven
I've seen SS models on display here... one black dial SS sat in a window for a couple of months - may not have even sold yet...
Old 12 January 2013, 01:01 PM   #34
kingSubTT
"TRF" Member

Watch: SmurfDaytonaBLNR
Today I put a deposit. My AD had both black and white. I got white as I already have a back dial sub.
kingSubTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2013, 01:22 PM   #35
Watchdog
"TRF" Member

Watch: I can't tell time
Lots in the US. Don't know about abroad.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2013, 07:06 PM   #36
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon(phila) View Post
After the last price increase...this is the first time I see the sellers on the forums offering BNIB for less than retail. I think once it hit the 10K mark...they became easier to get, at least for those who know (us). Maybe the average semi WIS still think it's hard to get and will pay retail +.

In my area (Philly and burbs) they don't display in the case and act like there is still a waiting list. One salesperson even told me they can get them but only for really good customers.
I think the only for good customers and still not everywhere argument remains valid, but either supply is up or world economy is diverting more to US. At X-mas, my local Tourneau store tried to sell me a "pre-owned" one for $14K plus 6.25% tax. Obviously, I passed, but bought one yesterday from a local AD for $12k and no tax. However, the AD still had several other people that want one. Buying a Sub-C the prior week gave me first call.
mcorliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2013, 07:10 PM   #37
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingSubTT View Post
Today I put a deposit. My AD had both black and white. I got white as I already have a back dial sub.
I got mine yesterday, and have wanted one for 20 years, but felt a little underwhelmed trying on at POS, but the more I wear it, the more it grows on me. With that said, I instantly almost bought the YM blue face upon trying on. It is truly to die for in person. Definitely my next watch.

Would have preferred it over the Daytona 10:1 but just had to have a Daytona in the collection. Welcome to the club, huh??
mcorliss is offline   Reply With Quote