The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 21 March 2023, 09:50 PM   #1
EazyE
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5226
Code Perpetual

I've purchased a blue 15500st and a Code Chrono (26393OR) from AP boutique in the past year. What are my odds of a code perpetual (26394BC) allocation?

Some posts here suggest its difficult, but I see its trading at a discount to retail on C24.
EazyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2023, 11:31 AM   #2
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyE View Post
I've purchased a blue 15500st and a Code Chrono (26393OR) from AP boutique in the past year. What are my odds of a code perpetual (26394BC) allocation?

Some posts here suggest its difficult, but I see its trading at a discount to retail on C24.
Better than the other poster's chances of getting a 15407 as second watch. I think it should be possible, but might take time as they don't come around that often.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2023, 02:15 PM   #3
Horsin’ Around
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Also all QP requires approval from Switzerland. So not sure how many watches one needs to purchase to qualify for a QP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Horsin’ Around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2023, 04:22 PM   #4
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsin’ Around View Post
Also all QP requires approval from Switzerland. So not sure how many watches one needs to purchase to qualify for a QP
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m curious why pieces like the 16202 and QP would require approval from Switzerland What more is a person sitting in HQ going to do that can’t be done at the boutique?? If there’s fixed criteria or an algorithm that determines ’yes’ or ‘no’ then that process can even be automated. I’m surprised I never questioned this before, but seeing it stated so many times matter of fact just prompted this basic question. If someone knows the reason (or even has a good theory) then please enlighten me. Thank you.
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2023, 05:57 PM   #5
l_chissle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armis View Post
I’m curious why pieces like the 16202 and QP would require approval from Switzerland What more is a person sitting in HQ going to do that can’t be done at the boutique?? If there’s fixed criteria or an algorithm that determines ’yes’ or ‘no’ then that process can even be automated. I’m surprised I never questioned this before, but seeing it stated so many times matter of fact just prompted this basic question. If someone knows the reason (or even has a good theory) then please enlighten me. Thank you.
I think it's just extra checks in place so that there isn't something obscene happening at the boutique/house level. Sounds like a person gets put forward and their profile is shown etc and Switzerland says yes or no.
l_chissle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2023, 01:42 AM   #6
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armis View Post
No claims regarding the quality of my theory, but making decisions on some watches (which I didn't think included the plain 16202ST) in Switzerland allows balancing across boutiques and helps keep a lid on shenanigans in any one boutique. It's most certainly not just based on spend history, but what I'm sure they'd like to call a holistic view of the client's relationship with AP.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2023, 02:03 AM   #7
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
No claims regarding the quality of my theory, but making decisions on some watches (which I didn't think included the plain 16202ST) in Switzerland allows balancing across boutiques and helps keep a lid on shenanigans in any one boutique. It's most certainly not just based on spend history, but what I'm sure they'd like to call a holistic view of the client's relationship with AP.

I agree with this. Here is what I've been told. Jumbo's only require regional approval. Any complications like the QP, Openworked, and Tourbs require regional approval first and then sent to Switzerland for sign off. When a complication piece comes available, the boutiques submit the client they wish to sell to. The regional office goes over the proposed client list and choose which client they will allocate the piece to. It's not just based on spend history, but an overall look at the client's profile including history with the brand and diversity in collection. I don't think there is an exact science to it. I really feel like this is where your boutique manager plays a big role in advocating for you.

At least here in the US, that is apparently the process. It may differ in different parts of the globe.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE / AP 26574st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26331.or/ AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2023, 03:22 AM   #8
Narbeh
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP
Perpetuals from an outfit like AP are special. And should be treated as such IMHO. I feel very fortunate to have been allowed the opportunity to purchase my Code 11.49 Perpetual. I am in awe of it every time I put it on my wrist.
Narbeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2023, 09:38 PM   #9
EazyE
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5226
Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Better than the other poster's chances of getting a 15407 as second watch. I think it should be possible, but might take time as they don't come around that often.
lmao thats actually my reason for asking. I was worried I'd appear ignorant to my AD if I asked for an exclusive watch with a relatively small purchase history. Much appreciated!
EazyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2023, 10:09 PM   #10
l_chissle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
lmao thats actually my reason for asking. I was worried I'd appear ignorant to my AD if I asked for an exclusive watch with a relatively small purchase history. Much appreciated!
I think you can ask and they'd be happy to see your interest in the CODE line, even if this is quite a special piece.
l_chissle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2023, 10:25 PM   #11
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyd329 View Post
I agree with this. Here is what I've been told. Jumbo's only require regional approval. Any complications like the QP, Openworked, and Tourbs require regional approval first and then sent to Switzerland for sign off. When a complication piece comes available, the boutiques submit the client they wish to sell to. The regional office goes over the proposed client list and choose which client they will allocate the piece to. It's not just based on spend history, but an overall look at the client's profile including history with the brand and diversity in collection. I don't think there is an exact science to it. I really feel like this is where your boutique manager plays a big role in advocating for you.

At least here in the US, that is apparently the process. It may differ in different parts of the globe.
Speaking to my SA in Tokyo she said she got approval from Switzerland for my ROO, ROC and RO. Seeing as I am not Asian (therefore not local), and she is part Swiss and part Asian (probably more sympathetic to me than a Japanese person may have been), I suspect her advocacy on my behalf is the only reason I was allocated those 3 in 12 months - 15 months if you include the initial wait.
Commandopat is offline   Reply With Quote