The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 29 March 2023, 01:24 PM   #3811
SwissmadeTexan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SUB LV-C/Pepsi C
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchEater666 View Post
Don’t get the sneakiness here about moda.

I have saved a TON in fees over chrono24 and found some watches in there I would never have found otherwise.

It’s the only place you can really find independents…

I like TRF but TRF is literally just dealers spamming mediocre prices in the classifieds.

Pretty much…
Old 29 March 2023, 01:27 PM   #3812
psm11
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGMT View Post
Yep prices moving up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes some Rolex prices are going up bc dealers are trying to pump up prices for the discontinued models. I think it’s a blip on the radar and will cool down (hence why moda limited who can post these pieces for sale). Outside of Rolex I don’t see anything “going up” AP is still stagnant (many ROs aren’t moving).
Old 29 March 2023, 03:49 PM   #3813
Wuls
"TRF" Member

You should have seen the utterly pathetic Moda failed ramp fizzle in the last 24 hours. The market spoke - $33.6 for a Panda Dec22 - and who knows if that was even fake ramped. Oh dear, those Grey’s are going to be selling old (discontinued, pah) stock for less real soon.
Old 29 March 2023, 05:02 PM   #3814
psm11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuls View Post
You should have seen the utterly pathetic Moda failed ramp fizzle in the last 24 hours. The market spoke - $33.6 for a Panda Dec22 - and who knows if that was even fake ramped. Oh dear, those Grey’s are going to be selling old (discontinued, pah) stock for less real soon.
I honestly couldn't stomach checking it today. The posts were too much and so cringy ("don't sleep on this," "get it before it jumps," etc). I saw a Panda auction and couldn't help but laugh when I saw that, despite all the BS by other dealers, once the price hit about 31k no one else placed a bid (despite this piece is poised to go "to the moon" in price). I also have to say that it is pathetic the way the dealers on there worship Vadim and the circle je*k that happens anytime that guy posts. I can't tell if it's because the dealers on there are terrified that upsetting him will result in a ban (and thus over compensate and act like everything the guy posts is groundbreaking) or if they are just out to lunch.

The price jumps will be a short term blip and will fizzle in a few weeks (if that). The only jumps I am seeing are on Rolex models (which I do not really concern myself with because I already own the Rolex I wanted). I have been focused on AP which is, at best, stagnant, but still seems to be dropping. There are many 15500s and 15510s (non-50th) that have been sitting there for a few weeks not moving and listed at prices that I would have said were fair a few weeks ago.
Old 29 March 2023, 08:48 PM   #3815
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
JM was pushing $100k. Used meteorite Daytona auction was at $112k. Not too bad but certainly nothing like the bubble.
Old 29 March 2023, 09:07 PM   #3816
rolex_pl85
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
JM was pushing $100k. Used meteorite Daytona auction was at $112k. Not too bad but certainly nothing like the bubble.
Never ever ever buy several weeks after a discontinuation or change of a model. That is when the scalpers and dealers make the most money. I heard they limited the number of listings on the JM Daytona on many dealer chats and groups to not flood the market. LOL

Thats how you know all this hype and demand is artificially created. Even for models that are discontinued.

There are also way too many ppl that bought pieces like the JM Daytona that bought at peak that are trying to offload now including my own cousin. He still would be down even if he sold now at $100k.

I would say there are 100s of ppl that are trying to offload to minimise their losses right now since so many bought at peak.
Old 29 March 2023, 09:10 PM   #3817
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Prices slump by up to 50% for discontinued Rolex watches (Watchpro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolex_pl85 View Post
Never ever ever buy several weeks after a discontinuation or change of a model. That is when the scalpers and dealers make the most money. I heard they limited the number of listings on the JM Daytona on many dealer chats and groups to not flood the market. LOL

Thats how you know all this hype and demand is artificially created. Even for models that are discontinued.

There are also way too many ppl that bought pieces like the JM Daytona that bought at peak that are trying to offload now including my own cousin. He still would be down even if he sold now at $100k.

I would say there are 100s of ppl that are trying to offload to minimise their losses right now since so many bought at peak.

Don't worry... wasn't planning to

I tend to follow the meteorite since I have one.
Old 30 March 2023, 03:31 AM   #3818
Rickkk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Don't worry... wasn't planning to

I tend to follow the meteorite since I have one.
We've heard about your meteorite enough now, thanks
Old 30 March 2023, 03:57 AM   #3819
Mathematoxic
"TRF" Member

Funny to see the first 2 or 3 JM Daytona selling for 10Xk but now no one is buying them below 100k. Got burnt and still want to be burnt.
Old 30 March 2023, 07:11 PM   #3820
rolex_pl85
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathematoxic View Post
Funny to see the first 2 or 3 JM Daytona selling for 10Xk but now no one is buying them below 100k. Got burnt and still want to be burnt.
Man I just checked MODA and some other Whatsapp chat groups. There are so many JM Daytona's for sale at the moment.

Seems the prices are under $100k already and not many takers.

I think ppl have gotten burnt and seen what can happen with artificially inflated prices they dont want to get burnt twice. LOL
Old 30 March 2023, 07:12 PM   #3821
ronricks
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by psm11 View Post
I honestly couldn't stomach checking it today. The posts were too much and so cringy ("don't sleep on this," "get it before it jumps," etc). I saw a Panda auction and couldn't help but laugh when I saw that, despite all the BS by other dealers, once the price hit about 31k no one else placed a bid (despite this piece is poised to go "to the moon" in price). I also have to say that it is pathetic the way the dealers on there worship Vadim and the circle je*k that happens anytime that guy posts. I can't tell if it's because the dealers on there are terrified that upsetting him will result in a ban (and thus over compensate and act like everything the guy posts is groundbreaking) or if they are just out to lunch.

The price jumps will be a short term blip and will fizzle in a few weeks (if that). The only jumps I am seeing are on Rolex models (which I do not really concern myself with because I already own the Rolex I wanted). I have been focused on AP which is, at best, stagnant, but still seems to be dropping. There are many 15500s and 15510s (non-50th) that have been sitting there for a few weeks not moving and listed at prices that I would have said were fair a few weeks ago.
This happens every year when watches are discontinued or retired etc. dealers come out of the woodwork trying to pump up the newly discontinued pieces and after 2 or 3 weeks it fizzles out. What they are trying to do with the black and white dial 116500 Daytona is laughable. There’s no shortage of these and the ‘new’ model is basically the same watch. No reason to pay a ‘premium’ for the discontinued one.
Old 30 March 2023, 08:53 PM   #3822
Mathematoxic
"TRF" Member

Easily 36 JM daytona for sale in my local watch market. 4th day and not a single one sold. LoL
#ToTheMoon
#BestInvestmentWatch
Old 30 March 2023, 10:19 PM   #3823
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Easily 36 JM daytona for sale in my local watch market. 4th day and not a single one sold. LoL
#ToTheMoon
#BestInvestmentWatch

Did they state which moon?
Old 31 March 2023, 08:11 AM   #3824
messikens
"TRF" Member

Thanks Vince for pointing out Grailzee. My taupe just went for 34k with reserve not met... I take this as a better indication of true prices vs.C24 where they still somehow advertise for 42-48k
Old 31 March 2023, 08:32 AM   #3825
wb55
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by messikens View Post
Thanks Vince for pointing out Grailzee. My taupe just went for 34k with reserve not met... I take this as a better indication of true prices vs.C24 where they still somehow advertise for 42-48k

Smoked Taupe ROO Chrono?

Is that USD?
Old 31 March 2023, 08:51 AM   #3826
messikens
"TRF" Member

Seems like it. But as I said reserve was not met... So not sure there was a sale after all
Old 31 March 2023, 09:50 AM   #3827
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Market for royal oak seem to have particularly dried up in the past 2 weeks. Barely anything moving on Moda (15510 anniversary in the low 40s, 15500s in the mid 30s, 15400 around 30k)
Old 31 March 2023, 10:27 AM   #3828
Bijorn24
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
This happens every year when watches are discontinued or retired etc. dealers come out of the woodwork trying to pump up the newly discontinued pieces and after 2 or 3 weeks it fizzles out. What they are trying to do with the black and white dial 116500 Daytona is laughable. There’s no shortage of these and the ‘new’ model is basically the same watch. No reason to pay a ‘premium’ for the discontinued one.
Haha my thoughts exactly! Patience is key! Unfortunately others lack that.
Old 31 March 2023, 10:30 AM   #3829
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_76 View Post
Market for royal oak seem to have particularly dried up in the past 2 weeks. Barely anything moving on Moda (15510 anniversary in the low 40s, 15500s in the mid 30s, 15400 around 30k)

That's exciting news. Blue 15500 was $29K back when white Daytona was $20-21k. That was not long ago. I remember thinking I should trade up.
Old 31 March 2023, 12:19 PM   #3830
ClocksCarsandCarbine
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchEater666 View Post
Don’t get the sneakiness here about moda.

I have saved a TON in fees over chrono24 and found some watches in there I would never have found otherwise.

It’s the only place you can really find independents…

I like TRF but TRF is literally just dealers spamming mediocre prices in the classifieds.
Mediocre is a questionable choice of words in a lot of cases
Old 31 March 2023, 12:23 PM   #3831
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That's exciting news. Blue 15500 was $29K back when white Daytona was $20-21k. That was not long ago. I remember thinking I should trade up.
Yep! I wouldn’t be surprised if the blue royal oak end up slightly above MSRP with all other colors being at a discount to retail
Old 31 March 2023, 01:30 PM   #3832
ClocksCarsandCarbine
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yep! I wouldn’t be surprised if the blue royal oak end up slightly above MSRP with all other colors being at a discount to retail
Find me a decent priced green one and I'm in
Old 31 March 2023, 03:40 PM   #3833
Mathematoxic
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Did they state which moon?
One of the 7 moons of Neptune, the furthest planet from Earth if we exclude Pluto
Old 31 March 2023, 08:11 PM   #3834
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClocksCarsandCarbine View Post
Find me a decent priced green one and I'm in
In due time!!
Old 31 March 2023, 08:30 PM   #3835
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
One of the 7 moons of Neptune, the furthest planet from Earth if we exclude Pluto

I was thinking the one where Mr potato head keeps his extra noses.
Old 31 March 2023, 09:47 PM   #3836
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Did anyone see that photo on MODA of like 20 Rolex watches all in coffins, brand new?

And people still think theres no funny business at ADs
Old 31 March 2023, 10:00 PM   #3837
Mathematoxic
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Did anyone see that photo on MODA of like 20 Rolex watches all in coffins, brand new?

Yeah that post for credibility check. Another thing is the dates on the watch boxes. Seems like they receive shipment every other day.

Waiting for the store room of ADs to be littered with too many watches that they eventually can’t sell off
Old 31 March 2023, 10:08 PM   #3838
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yeah that post for credibility check. Another thing is the dates on the watch boxes. Seems like they receive shipment every other day.

Waiting for the store room of ADs to be littered with too many watches that they eventually can’t sell off
Yeah, margins are really thinning too. It’s become so much easier to get a datejust and PM pieces at MSRP over the past year.
Old 1 April 2023, 02:34 AM   #3839
psm11
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Haha yes! Really makes me laugh at the boot lickers in here that think their SAs walk on water and write lengthy posts attacking any one who questions the behavior of SAs (acting like the SA can see the post and hoping it gets them brownie points with their SA).
Old 1 April 2023, 04:36 AM   #3840
Rolexatlast
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psm11 View Post
Haha yes! Really makes me laugh at the boot lickers in here that think their SAs walk on water and write lengthy posts attacking any one who questions the behavior of SAs (acting like the SA can see the post and hoping it gets them brownie points with their SA).
So, you won’t be taking in cakes and drinks anytime soon?

Or $400 ‘tips’?

(definitely not bribes)
Closed Thread