The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Picture & Video Gallery

Old 29 January 2023, 02:24 PM   #1
Bensrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: '67 Patek 3541 WG
Should I buy a Zenith Chronomaster Sport '21?

I admire this watch but it would be my first Zenith, and I am less familiar with the reasonable pre-owned market and how a pre-owned model may hold its (discounted from retail) value. I have an opportunity to buy a very nice, authenticated white-dial example with original box/warranty card/etc for $7150. This seems like a pretty compelling price for a watch of this quality. Anybody have any pros or cons I should consider? I am aware of the "Zaytona" controversy but it doesn't bother me :) Thanks!
Bensrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2023, 04:29 PM   #2
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bensrolex View Post
I admire this watch but it would be my first Zenith, and I am less familiar with the reasonable pre-owned market and how a pre-owned model may hold its (discounted from retail) value. I have an opportunity to buy a very nice, authenticated white-dial example with original box/warranty card/etc for $7150. This seems like a pretty compelling price for a watch of this quality. Anybody have any pros or cons I should consider? I am aware of the "Zaytona" controversy but it doesn't bother me :) Thanks!
I'll stop you right there.

If "resale" value is of any possible consideration in determining purchasing the Zenith, then you 100% shouldn't buy it.

Zenith resale value is absolutely atrocious. You're already seeing it offered a steep discount for a reason.

If you are considering resale...then it's ROLEX.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2023, 04:30 PM   #3
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Pass.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2023, 04:46 PM   #4
Bensrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: '67 Patek 3541 WG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
I'll stop you right there.

If "resale" value is of any possible consideration in determining purchasing the Zenith, then you 100% shouldn't buy it.

Zenith resale value is absolutely atrocious. You're already seeing it offered a steep discount for a reason.

If you are considering resale...then it's ROLEX.

Thanks, though I’m not sure I understand this. The atrocious resale value is the precise reason I was considering, and in the end wound up purchasing the watch, in like new condition, for 65% of retail. I don’t see any real indication of huge decreases in the preowned market, and I don’t really see availability of a similar caliber preowned watch for anything less. I guess let’s look in a couple years and see how preowned prices have held up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bensrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2023, 10:42 AM   #5
VesyMesca
"TRF" Member

Hi, what is going on?
Is it still actual?
VesyMesca is offline   Reply With Quote