The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 7 March 2023, 08:38 AM   #91
wb55
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
A recent 6119g purchase secured two free OE calf-skin straps. Plus free entry to the next 5205r draw.

Good to see you Skyman. Hope the G Wagen is still around. I went on the list for the 6119G the other week too, approx 3 years apparently. Wiley
wb55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2023, 10:50 AM   #92
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMHM View Post
I can't speak for others, but part of the reason why I am unlikely to buy grey is because of the name on the warranty paper. I'm happy that Patek is still doing that and keeping that tradition going on, as opposed to Rolex which have switched to a generic warranty card. It might sound trivial, and dealing with ADs can be very tough to get Patek these days, but handing down the watch to future generation with their parents name on it is priceless. I don't think they want to open the warranty card and see a random stranger's name on it. Even when Rolex was available at Grey's in the early 2000s at a discount, I still bought from AD for that reason - authenticity and name on the card.
Name on the papers, I guess is nice. However, getting the watch you want in the condition you want, when you want it at a competitive price is more important to me. For all the rarity of product discussed here, many wonderful Patek's are available used at attractive prices below retail.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2023, 02:55 AM   #93
jtwo
"TRF" Member

Does anyone know what AD availability for this model, especially in NYC, looks like right now? I'm hoping to get this as my first Patek, but wanted to see if that was remotely realistic.
jtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2023, 05:06 AM   #94
malba2366
"TRF" Member

I don't think you will find any discounts at the AD in the current market. ADs are selling pretty much everything they get by using the undesirable pieces as bait for people looking for Nautilis and Aquanaut. The new norm in the watch market is scarcity, so they will sell pieces they can't move to grey market dealers rather than discount front of house sales...there are plenty of new/unworn Pateks on the secondary market available at below retail.
malba2366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2023, 05:25 AM   #95
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by malba2366 View Post
I don't think you will find any discounts at the AD in the current market. ADs are selling pretty much everything they get by using the undesirable pieces as bait for people looking for Nautilis and Aquanaut. The new norm in the watch market is scarcity, so they will sell pieces they can't move to grey market dealers rather than discount front of house sales...there are plenty of new/unworn Pateks on the secondary market available at below retail.
I think the scarcity is coming from Patek and not the ADs. My understanding is current PP policy is no discounting and absolutely no selling to other dealers. I suspect most of the new product on used market is all that "bait" needed to get SS sports models being sold by customers.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2023, 08:56 AM   #96
malba2366
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
I think the scarcity is coming from Patek and not the ADs. My understanding is current PP policy is no discounting and absolutely no selling to other dealers. I suspect most of the new product on used market is all that "bait" needed to get SS sports models being sold by customers.
That is possible too, controlled release of inventory is certainly what is going on at AP and VC although those brands are largely sold at boutiques only so it is much easier to control inventory flow to end customers.
malba2366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2023, 03:41 PM   #97
RKunz
"TRF" Member

Probably on the dogs that are hard to move. Sell at list and issue a discount in the form of a rebate check.
RKunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2023, 10:51 PM   #98
lmcgbaj
"TRF" Member

Watch: es are FUN!!!
I was offered 10% off on a 5711 blue back in the day. They were selling for years and years around the 25k mark. Those days are long gone.

Unless we enter a deep depression, I don't see those days ever coming back. The demand is extremely strong. So many new millionaires ready to display wealth.
Old 11 May 2023, 12:43 PM   #99
dsk28
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
I started my Patek journey during the pandemic with an AD at a tourist spot in my side of the world. He used to contact me to chi chat and offered me some incoming pieces. Nowadays with tourism reopened at his locale, he only contacts me when the piece I ordered with deposit comes in. Rest of the time, he did not return my messages. And his bundles size have grown many times bigger. He told me that he literally has many times more customers now than allocations and I should not refer any friend to him at one point.

Not sure if it will be any time soon before we will see some normalization.
Although not exactly my situation, this comment kinda hit a note with me...

Before the pandemic I had a relationship with an AD... I would regularly purchase multiple brands from them (Rolex, Hublot, Patek etc) and not just the sports models but also precious metal & jewelry pieces... in turn they gave me a couple rolex/patek sports models.

Nowadays they don't even reply to my messages anymore...thing is, this AD is located on a neighbouring country... Maybe they have a new "locals only" policy...
dsk28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2023, 12:48 PM   #100
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk28 View Post
Although not exactly my situation, this comment kinda hit a note with me...

Before the pandemic I had a relationship with an AD... I would regularly purchase multiple brands from them (Rolex, Hublot, Patek etc) and not just the sports models but also precious metal & jewelry pieces... in turn they gave me a couple rolex/patek sports models.

Nowadays they don't even reply to my messages anymore...thing is, this AD is located on a neighbouring country... Maybe they have a new "locals only" policy...

I doubt it is the case with my AD as he is located at a place where most of his business has to be tourist since the local population is not a wealthy bunch.

I have a 7140R for my wife and a 5740 for myself coming this year. It is sad that I don’t think I will be getting allocation from him anymore unless I am willing to bundle with jewelry.

Time to move on…
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote