The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 4 December 2022, 03:26 PM   #1
FloridaBill
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek and Rolex
Patek Philippe has had a stellar year in 2022

Patek Philippe has the best year ever in 2022

As everyone knows, 2022 has been an AMAZING year for Patek Philippe and quite honestly, if there is an award for best watch maker of the year, or best collection of new watches of the year, there really is no doubt who the winner would be and, in fact, the distance between first place and everyone else would be so large, I am not even certain who would take second place.

Like everyone else, in March 2022, Patek blew me away with the introduction of 12 new watches (11 were precious metals) that included super cool new dials such as the textured charcoal gray dial (5226 and 5326) and the oh so stunning rose-gilt opaline salmon dial (5172 and 5320). I even liked the fresh new green dial option for the lady’s stainless steel Twenty~4 (4910) that seemed to be like rubbing salt into Rolex wounds as their 2022 releases, excluding the Destro GMT Master II (126720), were relatively banal.

However, the October 18, 2022 release of 8 new Patek Philippe watches felt like a turbocharger kicking in while stomping the accelerator of a supercar down the straightaway of a racetrack, as NOBODY (or at least the pundits here) was expecting 4 new Nautilus releases, along with a stainless steel world time flyback chronograph, two spectacular grand complications, and a mega delicious ladies Aquanaut chronograph that, no doubt, will be soon gracing the red carpet on a A-list celebrity wrist.
FloridaBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2022, 04:19 PM   #2
rcps.chung
"TRF" Member

That 5990a drop is insane! My mind is still blown by the new smokey blue dial, not to mention the 2 complications, what a beast!

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SM-S9010 發送
rcps.chung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2022, 05:53 PM   #3
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
Indeed 2022 is the best year for Patek in terms of release in my view. It is so good I have already acquired 2 pieces and still looking to add more. I always thought the 2018 cohort was the best until 2022s'. The recent release of sapphires and rubies grand complications are the icing on the cake. Patek is the only manufacturer that excites me the day or 2 before the official release date.
Ichiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2022, 06:27 PM   #4
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBill View Post
Patek Philippe has the best year ever in 2022

As everyone knows, 2022 has been an AMAZING year for Patek Philippe and quite honestly, if there is an award for best watch maker of the year, or best collection of new watches of the year, there really is no doubt who the winner would be and, in fact, the distance between first place and everyone else would be so large, I am not even certain who would take second place.

Like everyone else, in March 2022, Patek blew me away with the introduction of 12 new watches (11 were precious metals) that included super cool new dials such as the textured charcoal gray dial (5226 and 5326) and the oh so stunning rose-gilt opaline salmon dial (5172 and 5320). I even liked the fresh new green dial option for the lady’s stainless steel Twenty~4 (4910) that seemed to be like rubbing salt into Rolex wounds as their 2022 releases, excluding the Destro GMT Master II (126720), were relatively banal.

However, the October 18, 2022 release of 8 new Patek Philippe watches felt like a turbocharger kicking in while stomping the accelerator of a supercar down the straightaway of a racetrack, as NOBODY (or at least the pundits here) was expecting 4 new Nautilus releases, along with a stainless steel world time flyback chronograph, two spectacular grand complications, and a mega delicious ladies Aquanaut chronograph that, no doubt, will be soon gracing the red carpet on a A-list celebrity wrist.
Great post Thierry.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2022, 08:25 PM   #5
mongrelnomoad
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
Great post Thierry.
Lol
mongrelnomoad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2022, 08:44 PM   #6
ts3
"TRF" Member

Mostly dial color and/or case metal changes plus some diamonds here and there (except for 5226/5326).

I prefer the 2018 launches which included 5740/1G and 5968A.
ts3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2022, 12:04 AM   #7
PPcollector
"TRF" Member

2022 is not over yet…will we see another one of those surprise releases? I’m still waiting for the 25th anniversary edition Aquanaut. Will see in a week or two…
PPcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2022, 10:13 PM   #8
rolex1234abcd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBill View Post
I think many people expected replacements for the discontinued 5711
rolex1234abcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2022, 01:42 AM   #9
uniqueMR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: P A T E K
What a year, no doubt!
Plus deliveries were fantastic as well..

Hoping for Aqua release, 25th anniversary :)
Old 5 December 2022, 09:39 AM   #10
Yobrooks
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by uniqueMR View Post
What a year, no doubt!
Plus deliveries were fantastic as well..

Hoping for Aqua release, 25th anniversary :)
Absolutely stellar year for patek. Agree... Can't wait (hoping) for the anniversary aquanaut release...

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Yobrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2022, 10:42 AM   #11
pav333hp
"TRF" Member

Also agree that 2022 release from Patek were simply fantastic. Great diversity of watches - all beautiful and I'm definitely working to get a few.
pav333hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2022, 12:24 AM   #12
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Love the 5811G. On the list, (I hope)
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2022, 04:22 AM   #13
Nico81
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out
Meh… nothing innovative

Just Rolex playbook of repackage ( different dial colors, materials, etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nico81 is offline   Reply With Quote