The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 21 June 2022, 04:46 PM   #1
altology
"TRF" Member

AP House sales assistant issue

I believe the SA doesn't like me for some reason. I've visited a few times and have been sincere and friendly. I tried my best to engage in chit chat, but it didn't seem they were interested at all.

I was offered an AP for my wife, which I took in the hope it would further my chances of getting my own one. But since then every text has been ghosted or given an abrupt reply. I've continued to be polite, but it's frustrating to be treated in this manner.

When I went with my wife to pick up her AP, we hit it off with another person there, who was incredibly friendly, personable and provided great service. We even talked about this forum, youtube videos on watches, etc

Now, I would love for that person to be my SA(although I am not sure if that person is a SA), so I was wondering if or how I would go about doing that?

Would it be frowned upon to switch SA?

I don't want to rock the boat, and ruin my chances of getting an AP. AP is my favourite brand too, so this is quite upsetting for me.
altology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2022, 04:49 PM   #2
2loaded
"TRF" Member

Watch: es watches
Rule your fate with an Iron Fist
2loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2022, 07:25 PM   #3
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

Rock the boat and ask for the other SA's contact details and then keep in touch with the new one. It's you who is paying them, not the other way around
Sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2022, 09:48 PM   #4
robertengel
"TRF" Member

London AP house is incredibly busy lately. You used to be able to book an appointment within a day or two. Now they have a one week call back period. I couldn't really reach the SA I was in touch with so I called the shop and they got the SA on the phone. They mentioned they hardly look at WhatsApp anymore as they just have so many messages. I was not able to book a time with them at the time of my visit to London that time. I see the same happening in multiple places. Of course I am also not a preferred client either, one would assume that with VIP status you get called back faster :D

What I am trying to say is that they have gotten more busy, if they respond to you within a reasonable time they are still considering you in some way shape or form.
robertengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2022, 09:08 AM   #5
psm11
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15500
Quote:
Originally Posted by altology View Post
I believe the SA doesn't like me for some reason. I've visited a few times and have been sincere and friendly. I tried my best to engage in chit chat, but it didn't seem they were interested at all.

I was offered an AP for my wife, which I took in the hope it would further my chances of getting my own one. But since then every text has been ghosted or given an abrupt reply. I've continued to be polite, but it's frustrating to be treated in this manner.

When I went with my wife to pick up her AP, we hit it off with another person there, who was incredibly friendly, personable and provided great service. We even talked about this forum, youtube videos on watches, etc

Now, I would love for that person to be my SA(although I am not sure if that person is a SA), so I was wondering if or how I would go about doing that?

Would it be frowned upon to switch SA?

I don't want to rock the boat, and ruin my chances of getting an AP. AP is my favourite brand too, so this is quite upsetting for me.
I get this is the reality nowadays but my God is it ridiculous that we have to be so fearful of offending SAs over such trivial things. This is why they can get away with treating people like crap. By all means reach out to the person you hit it off with. The journey to getting your AP should be an enjoyable one and not rife with this BS. Can't wait for the SA bootlickers to weigh in on this post--in their mind SAs can do no wrong.
psm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2022, 09:53 AM   #6
~JJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: explorer
Reminds me of a Seinfeld episode, lol

Get her/his name > call and schedule a time to chat > enjoy your new piece (with a wait)
~JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2022, 11:55 AM   #7
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by psm11 View Post
I get this is the reality nowadays but my God is it ridiculous that we have to be so fearful of offending SAs over such trivial things. This is why they can get away with treating people like crap. By all means reach out to the person you hit it off with. The journey to getting your AP should be an enjoyable one and not rife with this BS. Can't wait for the SA bootlickers to weigh in on this post--in their mind SAs can do no wrong.

I think it goes both ways. I don't think we need to be fearful of offending the SA.

I spent about an hour talking at the boutique yesterday while getting a 1.5 link added to a watch. I don't use this particular boutique for purchases by the way.

I asked them how difficult it was to do their jobs with the high demand in the current market and what determines who gets a piece allocated, especially if it's their first. They said it was just nuts and that there was no specific set of criteria. They said it comes down to a lot of variables like current collection, hobbies, and etc., but most importantly how pleasant the client is and how well they hit it off. I hear some clients can be very demanding. I've heard the same thing from my boutique as well.

At the end of the day, I think it comes down to the relationship you are able to build like everything else in life.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE / AP 26574st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26331.or/ AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2022, 05:29 PM   #8
NB614
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP / PP / Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyd329 View Post

At the end of the day, I think it comes down to the relationship you are able to build like everything else in life.
Perfectly said!

As for your current situation, I feel for you. I hit it off very well with an SA that ended up not being my SA. My actual SA and I have been friendly, she's allocated me a couple of nice pieces, but I did find it very difficult to connect and chat with her. We didn't share many interests and talking felt like a chore, but with the other SA, we couldn't stop talking unless the phone rang or another client came in.

Luckily, I met a good friend of the brand so I'm in the midst of transitioning boutiques and SAs so I won't have to deal with them anymore. If not for that, I'd probably fly to the next nearest boutique and ask to start a relationship. (Assuming it is not a joint venture boutique!).

Perhaps you should give your SA a second chance or change your approach? If that doesn't work, maybe talk with the boutique manager about it?

I hope it works out, and you can get an AP for yourself. Best of luck!
NB614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2022, 11:15 PM   #9
altology
"TRF" Member

Thank you for all the advice guys, I will give it another 6 months. I did mention it's my 40th in January and asked if there was any chance of getting something. (no response lol)

It's such a shame, because I do feel generally people do like me. I have a great relationship with my Rolex AD and have bought 6 pieces in the last year so was hoping to have gotten an AP by now.

Thanks again.
Old 22 June 2022, 11:46 PM   #10
RolexADreal
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek Chrono Perp
I, and many AP lover find AP house team very likeable, all of them. I guess the question you want to ask yourself is if you are the right client for that brand, a Birthday or a whatsapp message unlikely will bring you a "hot piece", doesn't mater who your SA is...

In my opinion If you feel like you are not connecting with a specific SA, just ask the manager to be allocated to a different one, that team doesn't make a fuss about it, watches are quite evenly allocated among them, i am sure they will understand you migh not get along with one person and want to talk with someone else...

Said that, allocation of high demanded pieces is very difficult nowdays, it's unlikely there are shortcuts available but you can try your luck... A lady piece won't land you anywhere, trust me we all bought way more than that and still waiting for 15202's, 16202's double balance and perp ceramics...

Enjoy the journey
Old 23 June 2022, 12:42 AM   #11
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thank you for all the advice guys, I will give it another 6 months. I did mention it's my 40th in January and asked if there was any chance of getting something. (no response lol)

It's such a shame, because I do feel generally people do like me. I have a great relationship with my Rolex AD and have bought 6 pieces in the last year so was hoping to have gotten an AP by now.

Thanks again.
6 rolexs wow
I wouldn't be worried about being liked, if you're money is not good enough so be it. We live in a fickle world where we want to eb accepted but sometimes this is not the case
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2022, 12:58 AM   #12
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have a great relationship with my Rolex AD and have bought 6 pieces in the last year so was hoping to have gotten an AP by now.
What did you get?
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2022, 01:03 AM   #13
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

To play devils advocate, I think you may find that they are all great in person at London House, and all a bit leaving to be desired replying to the deluge of digital messages.

If you already have foot in door at London House, I’d just stay in line in my personal opinion.

The degree of patience needed with AP vs Rolex is 20x I feel like.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2022, 03:12 AM   #14
altology
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexADreal View Post
I, and many AP lover find AP house team very likeable, all of them. I guess the question you want to ask yourself is if you are the right client for that brand, a Birthday or a whatsapp message unlikely will bring you a "hot piece", doesn't mater who your SA is...

In my opinion If you feel like you are not connecting with a specific SA, just ask the manager to be allocated to a different one, that team doesn't make a fuss about it, watches are quite evenly allocated among them, i am sure they will understand you migh not get along with one person and want to talk with someone else...

Said that, allocation of high demanded pieces is very difficult nowdays, it's unlikely there are shortcuts available but you can try your luck... A lady piece won't land you anywhere, trust me we all bought way more than that and still waiting for 15202's, 16202's double balance and perp ceramics...

Enjoy the journey
I do feel I am the right client for the brand. I am a genuine collector and have a real love for the brand. I understand as a new customer I will not be allocated a high demand piece and didn't not even request them. I am willing to be patient and build a long lasting relationship.

My issue is just not being able to connect with my SA and being ignored at times. Sometimes you just know when someone doesn't like you, and that's how i feel with my SA.
Old 23 June 2022, 03:14 AM   #15
altology
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini2 View Post
6 rolexs wow
I wouldn't be worried about being liked, if you're money is not good enough so be it. We live in a fickle world where we want to eb accepted but sometimes this is not the case
This would be my policy too, but since I absolutely love AP, I feel like I have no choice.
Old 23 June 2022, 03:19 AM   #16
altology
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
What did you get?
Started off with a Datejust 41 and Yacht Master II to begin with. A few months later I got a full gold bluesy. 3 months ago got a blue dial sky dweller, and last week got a batgirl. In May I bought my wife a mother of pearl datejust.

I absolutely love my Rolex AD. Great guy and will be more than happy to intro him to anyone in the London area.
Old 23 June 2022, 03:21 AM   #17
altology
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrowatch View Post
To play devils advocate, I think you may find that they are all great in person at London House, and all a bit leaving to be desired replying to the deluge of digital messages.

If you already have foot in door at London House, I’d just stay in line in my personal opinion.

The degree of patience needed with AP vs Rolex is 20x I feel like.
I've been at AP House London 3 times this year and also had a great experience with everyone apart from my SA lol. The person isn't rude, but just makes zero effort to converse and doesn't seem to be interested with anything I have to say.
Old 23 June 2022, 05:23 AM   #18
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:
I do feel I am the right client for the brand. I am a genuine collector and have a real love for the brand. I understand as a new customer I will not be allocated a high demand piece and didn't not even request them. I am willing to be patient and build a long lasting relationship.

My issue is just not being able to connect with my SA and being ignored at times. Sometimes you just know when someone doesn't like you, and that's how i feel with my SA.

I hear ya. Unfortunately, we can't click with everyone and same goes for the SA. Nothing wrong with it and not to say anyone is a bad person because of it. It's just the way it is and our personalities might not mesh.

I would talk to the manager and ask to switch SA's. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE / AP 26574st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26331.or/ AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 05:36 AM   #19
TunaTuna
2024 Pledge Member

You are the customer right? Work with who you want to. Call the manager and tell them you want another SA
TunaTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2022, 08:02 AM   #20
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I've been at AP House London 3 times this year and also had a great experience with everyone apart from my SA lol. The person isn't rude, but just makes zero effort to converse and doesn't seem to be interested with anything I have to say.
Maybe you're not interesting
Old 24 October 2022, 12:29 AM   #21
l_chissle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
l_chissle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2022, 01:27 AM   #22
altology
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Perhaps!
Old 24 October 2022, 01:44 PM   #23
youthagainsttt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Piaget,Rolex,AP,HB
Don't worry mate, I had exact same experience. Literally they make no effort from the word go

And I'm the kind of person who goes into random watch shops, not necessarily AP and I would spend 30-60 mins chatting away to the sales people about watches & all kinds of random stuff
youthagainsttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2022, 11:47 PM   #24
jcatral14
"TRF" Member

Watch: aholic
Same happened to me at the Boutique. Went to the AP House and hit it off with the SA there. I told him my situation and asked if I could maybe switch from the boutique to the House and he said he just had to inform the Boutique SA as a courtesy and if the SA was okay with it, he'll take over.

Got offered a Diver within 2 weeks

jcatral14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2022, 10:38 AM   #25
speedfighter
"TRF" Member

Awesome statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2loaded View Post
Rule your fate with an Iron Fist
This is the only correct answer
speedfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2022, 02:52 AM   #26
ikincooper
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
Quote:

Thanks again.

So pleasing to see in your recent thread, that your patience has paid off! Mega congrats.

I first contacted AP House London at the start of this year hoping for a RO to celebrate my 40th Birthday in June time. I’ve visited twice now (I live in Northern England) and will plan another trip down early in the New Year. Ideally I’d like a non 50th anniversary rota RO in 2023 and prior to my 41st so that it can still act as a 40th present to myself.

So hard being able to start a relationship with AP but life’s a journey right!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ikincooper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2022, 11:53 PM   #27
Luxurylife
"TRF" Member

Rolex AD

Quote:
Started off with a Datejust 41 and Yacht Master II to begin with. A few months later I got a full gold bluesy. 3 months ago got a blue dial sky dweller, and last week got a batgirl. In May I bought my wife a mother of pearl datejust.

I absolutely love my Rolex AD. Great guy and will be more than happy to intro him to anyone in the London area.
Hi, would you mind introducing me please
Luxurylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2023, 06:55 AM   #28
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Perhaps!
Maybe im not interesting still on 0
Old 30 June 2023, 10:05 AM   #29
thekman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexADreal View Post

I guess the question you want to ask yourself is if you are the right client for that brand,
Not OP but I really don't understand statements like this. They are selling watches that essentially are toys/jewelry for the 1%. It's not that deep. If you are lucky enough to afford this watch and like it, that's enough. There doesn't have to be some super deep connection to be allocated a watch.

Follow me www.instagram.com/subs.n.scrubs
thekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2023, 02:52 PM   #30
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekman View Post
Not OP but I really don't understand statements like this. They are selling watches that essentially are toys/jewelry for the 1%. It's not that deep. If you are lucky enough to afford this watch and like it, that's enough. There doesn't have to be some super deep connection to be allocated a watch.
+1 Although part of the business strategy may be to cultivate exactly that type of thinking…to acknowledge the distinction of being an AP owner.
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote