The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 1 September 2021, 06:01 AM   #781
JorgeCCW
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Patek and AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBM View Post
Love the blue pam. I have a preference for Luminor cases when it comes to Panerai, as it's the design that most represents the brand for me, so I'd say it's a very interesting idea to swap Pams and get a luminor case, a blue dial and keep the number at 6 at the same time. Having said that, your collection is outstanding as it is, buddy. We're all just nuts and never stop scheming.

That’s all it is , playing with ideas that really we have no business doing .
Is fun , as long as you know that’s all it is , the problem is when you are playing with these ideas and find something good. Instagram, Forums, chats , etc that’s what messes me up

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Nothing happens until something moves "
Albert Einstein
JorgeCCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2022, 10:08 AM   #782
Sinanamus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270
Is it even feasible to have a complicated watch such as a perpetual calendar in a 3-4 watch collection where each piece is used equally?

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
Sinanamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2022, 10:46 AM   #783
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinanamus View Post
Is it even feasible to have a complicated watch such as a perpetual calendar in a 3-4 watch collection where each piece is used equally?

Shouldn’t be a problem - just put it on a winder in between wearings if you are not wearing it for a few weeks .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2022, 11:28 AM   #784
namelesswatchguy
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Absolutely! Plenty of QPs are wearable on the daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
namelesswatchguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2022, 11:37 AM   #785
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Quote:

my collection wouldn’t be complete without the PC.

Sometimes I’ll only set the time if I plan on wearing it for only a day or two. Tried winders, happen to get 2 of them that didn’t work. Just got a third, wil give it another try.

The PC allows me to collect the the subs and the nautilus without feeling like I’m just playing favorites. it rounds out the collection.
Old 29 December 2022, 06:19 AM   #786
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post

Sometimes I’ll only set the time if I plan on wearing it for only a day or two. Tried winders, happen to get 2 of them that didn’t work. Just got a third, wil give it another try.

The PC allows me to collect the the subs and the nautilus without feeling like I’m just playing favorites. it rounds out the collection.

I am using a Kubrick winder and it works perfectly for me. It is compact and battery powered so it may even fit in your bank safe. It is fully programmable to any watches and it has Bluetooth app to check for battery status and programming from a smartphone.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2022, 07:27 AM   #787
Sinanamus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270
Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post

I found your similar thread and enjoyed following your watch journey over the past many years as well, what an incredible ride it has been for you.

You have well thought out reasons for each piece in your wonderfully curated collection which enapsulates the themes of this thread and I enjoyed reading how and why you included each piece.

I must say you have chosen (to me) the perfect Patek in the 5940. It is the classic Patek complication, with micro rotor (unlike the popular 5320), and perfectly sized unlike the 5327, which lacks grace in its oversized proportions. Plus, the torneau case is a huge win for me personally and beautiful with the thinness of the case made possible by a micro rotor movement. I could go on and on about my love for the 5940, pure class and great collection!

Sinanamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2022, 10:12 AM   #788
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
I am using a Kubrick winder and it works perfectly for me. It is compact and battery powered so it may even fit in your bank safe. It is fully programmable to any watches and it has Bluetooth app to check for battery status and programming from a smartphone.
Thanks for recommendation. The two winders that have failed me ( not ruling out user error) have been the patek box (plug in) included with my first black dial 5940. Then I got the travel winder from patek (battery). Now I have the patek box that came with newer white dial 5940 but I haven’t tried it yet.

Quote:
I found your similar thread and enjoyed following your watch journey over the past many years as well, what an incredible ride it has been for you.

You have well thought out reasons for each piece in your wonderfully curated collection which enapsulates the themes of this thread and I enjoyed reading how and why you included each piece.

I must say you have chosen (to me) the perfect Patek in the 5940. It is the classic Patek complication, with micro rotor (unlike the popular 5320), and perfectly sized unlike the 5327, which lacks grace in its oversized proportions. Plus, the torneau case is a huge win for me personally and beautiful with the thinness of the case made possible by a micro rotor movement. I could go on and on about my love for the 5940, pure class and great collection!

Thanks very much for your kindness.
Very much agree about the proportions being just right. Perfect balance.

Note: I believe the 5940 is actually a cushion case, rounded on four sides.
Vs
The tonneau if I understand correctly is rounded on the sides but flat on top and bottom.

Imho one of the best values (30-40% off retail) available on the secondary market in pateks recent line up
Old 30 December 2022, 12:17 AM   #789
mykii
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP + PP + Rolex
The Hulk is an all-time keeper. IMO, the most important modern ref that Rolex has put out. That combined with 2 PPs? What's not to like!
Old 31 December 2022, 10:14 AM   #790
SoylentGreenChi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek, Rolex, Sinn
This thread captures what I have done the past two years.

In April 2021, I picked up a Rolex 36MM Datejust and caught the bug. By the end of 2021, I had 13 watches:

3 Rolex 36mm Datejusts in different combinations, a new Rolex 36mm Explorer, a Breguet Marine, Cartier Santos, Glashutte SeaQ, Zenith El Primero, Grand Seiko SWB231, AP Royal Oak 37mm, Vacheron Traditionnelle, and two Patek Calatravas.

Heading in 2023, I have consolidated into a core set of four watches that I love as a collection in which each watch has a role and gets regular use:

1 Rolex Datejust 36mm; 1 AP Royal Oak 37mm; one black dial Patek 5227; one white dial Patek 5127G.

I have zero plans to buy any more watches unless my trusty AD’s offer me the things that no one can get, in which case I would add 1 Patek Aquanaut and 1 Rolex Daytona. Other than pining for a Patek 5107R, I’m set for life. In fact, this is likely my last post on the forum for a bit, while I turn my watch obsession energy into other things. What a ride. Thanks, forum!
SoylentGreenChi is offline   Reply With Quote