The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 7 November 2021, 08:07 AM   #1
shaunaic
"TRF" Member

Icon8 Sky Diamonds - Scammer, Liar, Deceptive Business Practices!!! Beware!!

I purchased a 33mm Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Frosted White Gold watch and I also purchased a 33mm Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Rose Gold, White Dial, with Diamonds from Sky Diamonds (skydiamondco.com). Both watches were around $68,000.

I was told that both of these watches were brand new, however the frosted white gold watch arrived not functioning at all, and unable to tell time. Gabriel apologized for not checking it before sending it to me.

I requested a video or picture of the rose gold watch before buying it, as I wanted to see the exact item that I was buying. I was told this watch had just came in that day and was brand new. I was sent a video of a watch that appeared to be perfect. I discovered yesterday that this video was taken on December 30, 2020. So it was not even the same watch that was sent to me.

The rose gold watch arrived with the case misaligned. At this point, I was wondering what else was wrong with the watch. I took it to my local watchmaker, who opened up the watch, and was appalled to find severe corrosion and rust inside the watch. He also stated that he could clearly tell the watch had been polished before.

As I stated before, I purchased this watch under the pretense that it was brand new, as I was told, meaning it should've not had any rust, corrosion, water damage, nor had been polished before.

I brought this up with Gabriel, and received total silence. I showed him pictures of the rust and corrosion inside the watch. No apology, no offer of a refund, no response.

The fact that both of these watches either failed to be inspected or checked before being sent to me, despite Gabriel stating that rose gold watch was inspected by a watchmaker and that was the reason for the misalignment, or that they were checked and sent to me in this condition regardless, and that my request for the rose gold watch to have three links removed was not even done (the watch was not sized as I requested), shows a total lack of care, incompetence, fraud, and again, deceptive business practices. Gabriel even tried to say that Audemars Piguet watches are handmade and it's normal, it happens every 1 out of 100 watches that there is a misalignment. What total bs. He must think I am an idiot.

Why are they sending used, damaged watches to customers and telling them that they are brand new?

I would've been a loyal long-term customer, but instead Gabriel and Sky Diamonds decided it would be better, or easier, to lie and scam me out of $137,000 which I sent via wire, due to this company's reputation and good reviews on chrono24, ebay, and google. I am a woman, and I believe that Gabriel thought that I knew nothing about watches and that it would be easy take advantage of me and to scam me.

I have requested for the repair fee of $1300 to be reimbursed to me, a partial refund, or a full refund, but unfortunately, I am being completed ignored and ghosted. At this point, I don't even want these watches as the whole experience has left a bad taste in my mouth, and I just want to return them and get my money back.

I am posting this so hopefully anyone that is considering doing business with this company will read my story and not get scammed like I did.
shaunaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2021, 08:20 AM   #2
Danny83
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
Maybe you should ask him for a refund on instagram https://www.instagram.com/skydiamonds47/
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2021, 08:22 AM   #3
shaunaic
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny83 View Post
Maybe you should ask him for a refund on instagram https://www.instagram.com/skydiamonds47/
I asked via text, and email, which he normally is quick at responding at. I believe he is intentionally ignoring me, but I will try instagram.
Old 7 November 2021, 08:28 AM   #4
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

What do you mean by a misaligned case? And the corrosion and rust inside is worrying, the movement wasn't damaged?
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2021, 08:36 AM   #5
shaunaic
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
What do you mean by a misaligned case? And the corrosion and rust inside is worrying, the movement wasn't damaged?
It is a quartz model, so I don't believe the movement was damaged internally.

I will try to post pictures.

This is a screenshot from the video taken December 30, 2020 that I was sent on October 28, 2021 and was told this was the "brand new" watch I was receiving:

This is the watch I received. You can see the misalignment here, circled in red. I might've used the wrong terminology to describe it.

This is the inside of the watch, showing the corrosion and rust.

Old 7 November 2021, 09:03 AM   #6
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

I don't understand how they didn't notice the bezel. And especially since it's a quartz be sure there is no damage. I'm sure that quartz movement will cost a few thousand to replace if needed.

Kinda cool to see that quartz movement, I've never seen a picture of the insides. Looks like it's really easy to replace the battery. I always read it was difficult to replace the battery and that the movement had to be taken out.
Old 7 November 2021, 10:15 AM   #7
Halothane
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
Sorry to hear about this. This just confirms what my gut told me when visiting NYC- I would never buy a watch from 47th street

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Halothane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2021, 01:59 PM   #8
lis
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT 1675
You need to demand a full refund.
lis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2021, 03:03 PM   #9
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Icon7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
I don't understand how they didn't notice the bezel. And especially since it's a quartz be sure there is no damage. I'm sure that quartz movement will cost a few thousand to replace if needed.

Kinda cool to see that quartz movement, I've never seen a picture of the insides. Looks like it's really easy to replace the battery. I always read it was difficult to replace the battery and that the movement had to be taken out.
I haven't seen the inside of a quartz watch since I got a casio for my 12th brithday.
GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2021, 03:05 PM   #10
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
seems like when you're spending that kind of cake, it'd be good to buy from one of the trusted sellers on the forum; 47th Street? Kind of like going to vegas and plunking down on 32 red.
GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2021, 07:05 PM   #11
shaunaic
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGMT View Post
seems like when you're spending that kind of cake, it'd be good to buy from one of the trusted sellers on the forum; 47th Street? Kind of like going to vegas and plunking down on 32 red.
Lesson learned. This seller/company had a lot of good reviews on several different platforms and seemed reputable, which is why I felt comfortable going with them. I really don't know how to explain what happened with my purchases, because it seems that most people have had a good experience with them. The only thing I can think of is that maybe they thought I wouldn't know any better. I also am not sure how many people go to a local watchmaker with their "brand new" watch and have it opened up & inspected.
Old 9 November 2021, 07:20 PM   #12
shaunaic
"TRF" Member

I wanted to post an update....

Gabriel (Sky Diamonds) reached back out to me the same day I posted this thread. He said he had been silent due to personal reasons and he was not purposely ignoring me.

He said he would be happy to accept a full refund, partial refund, and/or pay for the repair.
We came to an agreement of him paying for the repair, in addition to a partial refund. He said this partial refund put him at a loss, but he still was ok with doing it.

Due to this agreement, my local watchmaker being able to fix both watches (the frosted white gold needed a new battery, and the rose gold had the corrosion/rust cleaned up), and the rarity of these watches, I decided to keep them. I also didn't want to go through another round of trying to find these watches again and potentially running into problems with yet another seller or business.

I am currently waiting for the refund, which is being sent via wire. Gabriel said he sent it to his wire department, and it should be on the way shortly. I will update again when I have received the funds.

Gabriel also said he is most likely firing the watchmaker who was responsible for the condition the rose gold watch was sent to me in, in addition to it not being sized as requested.

However, the watchmaker alone doesn't explain why the frosted white gold watch was sent to me with a dead battery and had not been inspected at all before being sent, why I was sent a year old video of a different watch, why the rose gold watch was described as "brand new" when it very clearly was not, and why no one noticed the misalignment of the bezel before boxing up the watch & shipping it out to me. Also, it doesn't explain why Gabriel initially said that a misaligned bezel is normal and happens in 1 out of every 100 AP watches. I don't believe that at all.
Old 9 November 2021, 10:47 PM   #13
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Wow what a ripoff
1665fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2021, 12:51 AM   #14
honuswagner13
"TRF" Member

Gabriel tried to sell me a 2018 Blue SkyD for $33,000 last month.

I must've smirked, and he noticed my facial expression. He said too high??
I responded that I can get a 2021 for $30,000.

After your experience, I'm glad I didn't buy anything from them.

Hopefully it all works out for you in the end.
honuswagner13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2021, 04:49 AM   #15
shaunaic
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honuswagner13 View Post
Gabriel tried to sell me a 2018 Blue SkyD for $33,000 last month.

I must've smirked, and he noticed my facial expression. He said too high??
I responded that I can get a 2021 for $30,000.

After your experience, I'm glad I didn't buy anything from them.

Hopefully it all works out for you in the end.
Yes, the "brand new" rose gold RO I purchased that ended up being used, polished before, and with water damage/corrosion/rust was from 2017.

Absolutely unbelievable to pay top premium price ($68,000) for a 2017 used & damaged watch.
Old 10 November 2021, 08:43 AM   #16
TimekeeperED54
Banned

Watch: Rolex HULK
Sorry to hear about this, they should accept full responsibility and find a way to come right.
This is insane..
TimekeeperED54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2021, 08:47 AM   #17
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunaic View Post
Yes, the "brand new" rose gold RO I purchased that ended up being used, polished before, and with water damage/corrosion/rust was from 2017.

Absolutely unbelievable to pay top premium price ($68,000) for a 2017 used & damaged watch.
So it's a full refund now? Get rid of it to be honest.
Old 10 November 2021, 10:07 AM   #18
Twicetime
Banned

Quote:

So insane, I would ask for a full refund. I don't mind the stress of searching back for it.
Twicetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2021, 06:06 AM   #19
shaunaic
"TRF" Member

Third & hopefully final update - I received the wire today, consisting of a partial refund and repair reimbursement. I know most people here recommended I return them and get a full refund, but I am enjoying the watches now that they have been repaired and I don't want to go through the hassle of returning them, waiting for a refund, and trying to replace them. I've wanted this rose gold RO for years and I am very happy to finally have it.

However, I am still very disturbed with my experience purchasing from Sky Diamonds, and I unfortunately will not be shopping with them again.
Old 11 November 2021, 01:51 PM   #20
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Third & hopefully final update - I received the wire today, consisting of a partial refund and repair reimbursement. I know most people here recommended I return them and get a full refund, but I am enjoying the watches now that they have been repaired and I don't want to go through the hassle of returning them, waiting for a refund, and trying to replace them. I've wanted this rose gold RO for years and I am very happy to finally have it.

However, I am still very disturbed with my experience purchasing from Sky Diamonds, and I unfortunately will not be shopping with them again.
Sounds like you’re satisfied with the outcome. However, since you’re decided to
keep them, I’d feel more comfortable having AP take a look at them. Personally, I’d have returned them for a FULL REFUND.
Old 11 November 2021, 05:08 PM   #21
carbon888
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Cyclops l SD43
Quote:
It is a quartz model, so I don't believe the movement was damaged internally.

I will try to post pictures.

This is a screenshot from the video taken December 30, 2020 that I was sent on October 28, 2021 and was told this was the "brand new" watch I was receiving:

This is the watch I received. You can see the misalignment here, circled in red. I might've used the wrong terminology to describe it.

This is the inside of the watch, showing the corrosion and rust.

Sorry I'm new to the watch world, but why is such an expensive watch on battery and not mechanical?
carbon888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2021, 12:15 AM   #22
shaunaic
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon888 View Post
Sorry I'm new to the watch world, but why is such an expensive watch on battery and not mechanical?
All of the 33mm "ladies" AP RO are quartz (battery)

There's an automatic 34mm, but I wanted the 33mm size so I had no choice but to go with quartz. Maybe they will make an automatic 33mm someday.
Old 12 November 2021, 02:29 PM   #23
Laszlo
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Date & No Date
Wow what a story.

Glad that in the end you’re happy.

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Laszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2021, 04:27 AM   #24
shaunaic
"TRF" Member

Sky Diamonds has a couple of watches that they told me were not actually available or in stock, listed as in stock & available now on chrono24. AP RO 33mm frosted rose gold (one with a white dial, and one with a rose gold dial).

I reported this to chrono24, but unfortunately they were able to convince chrono24 that they actually do currently have possession of these watches. Pretty disturbing.

I heard this is a tactic that many sellers do on chrono24, in order to attract buyers attention and then when buyers reach out and try to purchase, they will tell them it isn't available and try to sell them something else they do have.

Also, Sky Diamonds has the AP RO 33mm frosted white gold with silver dial that I purchased from them on chrono24 as well, for approximately $4,000 below the price they quoted me and that I purchased it for.
Old 16 November 2021, 09:13 AM   #25
honuswagner13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sky Diamonds has a couple of watches that they told me were not actually available or in stock, listed as in stock & available now on chrono24. AP RO 33mm frosted rose gold (one with a white dial, and one with a rose gold dial).

I reported this to chrono24, but unfortunately they were able to convince chrono24 that they actually do currently have possession of these watches. Pretty disturbing.

I heard this is a tactic that many sellers do on chrono24, in order to attract buyers attention and then when buyers reach out and try to purchase, they will tell them it isn't available and try to sell them something else they do have.

Also, Sky Diamonds has the AP RO 33mm frosted white gold with silver dial that I purchased from them on chrono24 as well, for approximately $4,000 below the price they quoted me and that I purchased it for.
And the plot thickens…..
honuswagner13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2023, 12:00 AM   #26
renegrub
"TRF" Member

Confirmed Sky Diamonds are Frauds

SKY DIAMONDS SELLS PATEK watches with fake certificate of origin and inflates the original sale date. I was sold a Patek 5164A watch with a fraudulent/fake Certificate of Origin and the watch was sold as newer that it really was (they stated 2019 and it was proven to be no newer than 2015). I found this out when I went to sell the watch. The serial number of the Patek was such that it could not be of the year claimed on the bill of sale. The original selling watch dealer had no record of selling the watch and the Certificate included with the watch was not the correct one for the year of the watch. I brought this to Jonathan's attention (at Sky). He took 3 weeks to get back to me and said he would only give me another watch or refund me at market value! Who would take another watch from these guys? And they aren't agreeing to refund me in full even though they have confirmed it was a fraudulent sale? Seriously, you have been warned! I will file a claim with the BBB and likely see legal recourse. This is a cut and dry case of misrepresentation/fraud. You have been warned! I have included a copy of the fake certificate - I've learned now any Patek expert will see this is fraud on a 2019 Patek 5164A (stainless steel). When I initially called them I spoke with Gabriel and his first response was, "How much do you want for the watch". These people are frauds and hustlers.
renegrub is offline   Reply With Quote