The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 21 August 2018, 12:18 AM   #1
RXAPPP
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5
2018 ck2998

I was smitten with the Blue/white Panda CK2998 in Basel 2016 and got my name on the list. A grail opportunity meant I had to sell after a year though I quickly bought one back however I seem to find leather straps increasingly uncomfortable. I purchased the older bracelet which defied the photos others posted, the end links didn’t sit tight and I sold for a loss despite only trying it once. I’m thinking about the refine bracelet but am wary after the first experience. All that said I now have an opportunity to pick up the ew 2018 Ck2998 and whilst I love the black white panda and pulsometer im finding myself increasingly on the fence because of the strap. Is the new model a catch and should I snap it up and fit the racing bracelet or let this one go?
RXAPPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2018, 01:08 AM   #2
David5807
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXAPPP View Post
I was smitten with the Blue/white Panda CK2998 in Basel 2016 and got my name on the list. A grail opportunity meant I had to sell after a year though I quickly bought one back however I seem to find leather straps increasingly uncomfortable. I purchased the older bracelet which defied the photos others posted, the end links didn’t sit tight and I sold for a loss despite only trying it once. I’m thinking about the refine bracelet but am wary after the first experience. All that said I now have an opportunity to pick up the ew 2018 Ck2998 and whilst I love the black white panda and pulsometer im finding myself increasingly on the fence because of the strap. Is the new model a catch and should I snap it up and fit the racing bracelet or let this one go?
The strap in my opinion was underwhelming but if you don't mind having a bracelet set on this piece and don't already have a panda dial then I say go for it. I would just keep in mind though that for what this piece costs you could almost buy a rolex.
David5807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2018, 02:57 AM   #3
bp1000
"TRF" Member

Get it and put a JPM strap on it or something from bulang and sons

I find the strap fine. In fact i tried on a new CK just yesterday. The strap was not as shiny as the FOIS brown leather strap. It was more grain matte. I trie it on a few months ago at the post baselworld event and this time it confirmed the strap actually looked, felt and wore pretty well indeed... it was probably the weakest part for me too, but honestly i thought it wore well and i dont intent to change it any time soon.

It felt great on to me although i always struggle with watches that don't have micro adjustment these days.

Its a great watch, i happen to really like it.

I passed on it yesterday as i'm first on the list at my local AD and i'm willing to wait and honour the relationship - as i have a 1948 seamaster coming too.
bp1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2018, 04:19 AM   #4
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Where is this thing already. (AD) Blue one came July that release year.
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2018, 05:35 AM   #5
bp1000
"TRF" Member

Omega has moved factories in 2017 so supply chain is slightly constrained for some models ie this
bp1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2018, 05:37 AM   #6
Bobby T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXAPPP View Post
I would let it go.......its a real nice watch but nothing special. Now the Blue CK2998, that was a winner!!!
Bobby T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2018, 05:46 AM   #7
tacotaco
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona C - Black
I loved the blue CK2998 when it came out and almost pulled the trigger on it pre owned however used the funds for another piece (wife got a datejust)

When the new CK came out I was floored at how it cool it looked. Being in the medical profession it checked all the marks for me. I do wish it was cheaper compared to what you can get for that price, but in my opinion it was the coolest of the CK and the quirkiest as th FOIS, Sedna and CK blue were all tachometer but this was a pulsometer. Of the 4 variations this is the truer panda and the weirdest, so I think it might be a "better" purchase

But buy what you like. Seriously.
tacotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2018, 05:47 AM   #8
tacotaco
"TRF" Member

The new ones are also not readily available pre owned whereas the old CK blue are a plenty with pretty big ranges in price
Old 21 August 2018, 05:49 AM   #9
tacotaco
"TRF" Member

The strap on the new one is racing inspired but is rubber filler with lather lining, very comfortable and breathable
I did however put a cordovon burgundy strap on mine, the aging patina on the strap goves it a vintage feel
Old 21 August 2018, 05:49 AM   #10
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Buy a speedmaster racing bracelet. It fits perfect.

Then buy the watch you want.

I have a bracelet for sale if it helps .....
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote