The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 4 December 2007, 02:44 PM   #31
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gha View Post
Val, Possibly if you changed around the a), b), & c), putting c)..satisfy the customer..first, you may notice that the "discount" question is eliminated.
Satisfy the customer first, count the commission last.
"People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care"....gha

True. Quite frankly no customer walking in to spend thier hard earned cash cares that if they get a discount you will lose some commision.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2007, 02:54 PM   #32
Lol-x
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KansaiVet View Post
True. Quite frankly no customer walking in to spend thier hard earned cash cares that if they get a discount you will lose some commision.
That isn't necessarily correct, a customer might offer to pay cash instead of card, so the commission to the salesperson isn't reduced. That's just one example.
You can't speak on behalf of every customer in such a blanket way.
Sales people have to make a living too, and most of them are really decent 'hard working people' too.
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2007, 04:03 PM   #33
Gaijin

I undestand what you are saying.

Not knocking sales people. I used to work in retail.
Old 4 December 2007, 05:01 PM   #34
gha
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex DateJust
There are sales professionals that assist their clients in becoming happily envolved with their products & services, explaining & justifying cost once, instead of having apologize forever for poor service and quality.

Then there are sales clerks, that sell on price, and are counting their commissions as they ring up the sale.
Take care of the customer, and the sales will take care of themselves. ...gha

Last edited by gha; 4 December 2007 at 05:02 PM.. Reason: sp
gha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2007, 07:25 PM   #35
fly-dad
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc
My opinion is that some folks rather enjoy to haggle; it has nothing to do with the actual savings. If we cared that much about the money, we wouldn't buy watches that cost 100 times more than the cost of production (if not more).

I personally enjoy haggling with car dealers, rolex AD's...not so much.
fly-dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2007, 07:28 PM   #36
SPACE-DWELLER
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, of course!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KansaiVet View Post
I undestand what you are saying.

Not knocking sales people. I used to work in retail.
So did I. I was a sales' assistant for 5 years. Hard work, but still fun!

LocTite 221: The Taming Of The Screw...
SPACE-DWELLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2007, 02:06 AM   #37
hbbfam
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega SMP300
Ben Bridge Rolex

I still am curious what the extended "third year" warranty is worth. Is that more valuable than even a ten percent discount? Do most other ADs offer the extended warranty?
hbbfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2007, 02:21 AM   #38
PacNW

Watch: Rolex DayDate
I have had no problems with BB (Silverdale, Kitsap Mall) when I purchased my EXPII a few years ago. They even gave me a watch winder. I go in once in a while to see what they have and they still greet me by name.
PacNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2007, 02:23 AM   #39
fly-dad
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc
Finks Jewelers in Virginia offers two additional years of coverage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbbfam View Post
I still am curious what the extended "third year" warranty is worth. Is that more valuable than even a ten percent discount? Do most other ADs offer the extended warranty?
fly-dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2007, 04:24 AM   #40
Ir0nman

I have purchased two Omega watches (Speedmaster / Seamaster) from BB in the past and really have nothing bad to say about them. When my Speedmaster had alignment issues a year after my last service, they took care of everything and made the process as painless as possible. When it came to buying my first Rolex Sub Date this week (yeah!) I went to BB and gave them the first opportunity to sell me the watch, the sales person that i spoke with was very knowledgeable and spent a great deal of time with me in the store and then via some follow up calls to try and close the sale.

Unfortunately when i walked into the store, money in hand they did not have the watch nor could they locate one for me in under a few weeks. I asked about a discount and was given the standard "Rolex won't let us do that" line, was not offered anything in lieu of a discount (winder, discount on something for the wife, discount on service, etc).

I called a local AD (PM me if you want details), they had the watch were willing to go into the safe and check the serial number for me (all over the phone), answer any questions i had - before they even qualified me as a serious buyer.

When i went to their store and tried to negotiate a discount, was told they can't but did i have anything else that might help me make up my mind. They brought out some winders and we settled on a nice Wolf winder and a couple of points discount.

Overall a great experience, and to no fault of their own BB most likely lost my future business. It's a tight market out there, if you can't get what you want from BB there are alot of options.
Ir0nman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2007, 05:44 AM   #41
Leighton
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS GMT IIc
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly-dad View Post
I personally enjoy haggling with car dealers, rolex AD's...not so much.
Heck, my first car cost less than the SS GMT IIc I bought a few weeks ago from BB!

I've had good experience with BB. I didn't get a discount on the SS GMT IIc, but they were nice, courteous folks. I was offered a discounts on diamonds, but I had spent enough that day!
Leighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2007, 05:58 AM   #42
Gaijin

This is my number one issue with BB.

"ROLEX WIL NOT LET US DISCOUNT."

This is a lie and I have heard it at 3 different BB in 2 different cities. I knew it to be a lie and called the last sales person I talked to on it. He told me, "Well, that's what they tell us to say."

We all know that you can get a discount on a Rolex and that Rolex USA does not care whether any AD discounts off of MSRP.

Lost my business forever.

I will say in fairness that the last time I was in BB the salesman was very nice (a little pushy) but once we cut throught the BS was willing to help me at least try and get a discount for me. He could not.