The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 23 March 2018, 03:50 AM   #1
pearson1995
"TRF" Member

Another GMT thread

I know there are a lot of these threads already...

But do people think the new Pepsi is actually a hit. Rolex is so in demand right now. So no doubt it will sell and go above retail.

But, I personally think the jubilee bracelet on a sports model is a big miss. The red and blue bezel wasn’t liked on the BLRO. It was slated for being cranberry and blueberry. Nothing has changed on the bezel.

IMHO, the BLNR is still the greatest GMT you can currently buy. The bezel is perfect, the watch is near perfect, I can see in Years it becoming the icon of our time.

In addition, I actually really rate the new Tudor GMT, would love to own one. Ok it’s not the same league as the Rolex. But it has so much to offer and feel the price will hold over time, hopefully even increase.
Old 23 March 2018, 04:37 AM   #2
shedlock2000
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16753; Bellini Dia
Another GMT thread

I’ve mentioned on other posts that I abhor the BLNR — so I don’t get your perspective! I am sort of with you on the bracelet, though. My preference is for an oyster — but the president has historical precedence, though; it’s sort of nice that they’ve harkened back to the model’s pedigree.

I’ve always thought the big error Rolex made was making the PepsiC in WG — and by that, I really mean to say I was frustrated that they didn’t do a SS version; I’d have bought one as soon as the game out. The sad thing is that I won’t likely see one now because the demand will far exceed the supply; the select great and the good will be much further up the line than yours truly.

You keep your BLNR, I can’t stand the thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SS Submariner no date 1992 (sold); SS GMT II 2007 (sold); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (sold); SS Sub C 2011 (sold); BB GMT 1971 (sold); Omega 50th GMT
shedlock2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 04:50 AM   #3
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Another GMT thread, yay...

But seriously, The watch is hit. Once we start seeing it on wrist, people will coalesce to it. I'm not crazy about jubilees but there are much worse bracelet options out there. Along with the VC Overseas and AP bracelet designs, Rolex has two of the best and this is one. The oyster is my favorite watch bracelet but it what it is.
Just start liking it now and save yourself the grief.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 05:43 AM   #4
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearson1995 View Post

But do people think the new Pepsi is actually a hit. Rolex is so in demand right now. So no doubt it will sell and go above retail.
I do. It will be a difference maker when it hits the market.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 05:50 AM   #5
GradyPhilpott
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearson1995 View Post
But, I personally think the jubilee bracelet on a sports model is a big miss.
A lot of people will disagree with that assessment.

Especially those who own a Jubilee.

Quote:
The red and blue bezel wasn’t liked on the BLRO. It was slated for being cranberry and blueberry. Nothing has changed on the bezel.
Slated by whom?

I agree that the BLNR is a great watch, but there will be a big market for the SSBLRO.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 06:02 AM   #6
harvey
"TRF" Member

I’m not keen on PCLs so for me the jubilee is the next best thing. Hopefully I will get this GMT in the next few months as I did the sd43. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 23 March 2018, 06:06 AM   #7
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
I've always liked the BLRO color tone as is. I think bright red combined with bright blue in ceramic would be way too shiny and bright for a luxury watch.

Jubilee should have always remained and should always be an alternative bracelet to the Oyster just as it is for the DateJust. Rolex don't mess it up again
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 06:08 AM   #8
doboy007
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR/LVc/SkyD/ND41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
But seriously, The watch is hit. Once we start seeing it on wrist, people will coalesce to it.
Not really. Pretty much same as previous WG version so I've had it on my wrist. The bezel colors are hideous.
doboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote