The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 March 2018, 06:07 AM   #1
Daso
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 16520
Is the Zenith Daytona Bubble going to Burst

I'm starting to think that my desire to own a Zenith Daytona has me overlooking the possibility of this crazy increase in prices correcting itself. From $10k last year to an entry point of $17 for a SS 16520. Would you buy one in decent shape with no box or papers for $18k or buy a $12k post 2000 model save the $5k (or more) which I wouldn't effectively recoup from an investment standpoint at a later date or possibly at all. Do we actually think these will continue to increase in value? There seem to be a fair amount of unsold $20 something k 16520's floating around. I do prefer the 16520 look and layout but could live with the shinier look. Thanks.
Daso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 06:10 AM   #2
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
I'm sure they'll at least be a store of value. But I'd find something different for an investment if I was you and it wouldn't be a watch bc of opportunity cost.

If you like the 16520 more, then that is the one to get. I'd also, find it difficult to think you could get a worthwhile 116520 at $12k
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 06:10 AM   #3
thomaswentworth
Banned

Watch: Rolex 116610 Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daso View Post
I'm starting to think that my desire to own a Zenith Daytona has me overlooking the possibility of this crazy increase in prices correcting itself. From $10k last year to an entry point of $17 for a SS 16520. Would you buy one in decent shape with no box or papers for $18k or buy a $12k post 2000 model save the $5k (or more) which I wouldn't effectively recoup from an investment standpoint at a later date or possibly at all. Do we actually think these will continue to increase in value? There seem to be a fair amount of unsold $20 something k 16520's floating around. I do prefer the 16520 look and layout but could live with the shinier look. Thanks.
It could burst if dials start eroding so much that they need a new dial. But that might be 50 or 100 years from now. Rolex has improved dial painting and printing and the inks and paints involved from what was used in the early days. I see nothing but up, up, up for the prices of these watches.
thomaswentworth is offline   Reply With Quote