The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 18 May 2018, 02:54 AM   #1
Mousehunter
"TRF" Member

Watch: AK, SD43, Hulk
Historical TT valuations?

Think I am appreciating the CHNR, but curious how the value of TT Rolex’s has usually plotted. I have read that after the initial releases rush, most have slid into discount territory. But I have not delt deeper into what happens after that. SS seems to hold its own quite well with time. Do the TT’s tend to level off after the initial devaluation, or do they simply continue to devalue with age.

With hit SS models, the AD is the most economical option-not so great if you are forced to get on the secondary market at a premium, but even that is mostly a one time hit. But are TT a good or bad deal once the initial hit is taken and they reach the secondary markets.
Mousehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2018, 03:00 AM   #2
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Solid analysis.

What is your expected rate of gain? How much are you willing to lose with a stop order?
What is the holding period before you move on? Need to know a few more things before your questions can be answered.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2018, 03:08 AM   #3
Mousehunter
"TRF" Member

Watch: AK, SD43, Hulk
The gain is the enjoyment of owning and wearing it. That said, that gain is somewhat marred if it holds value like my Tag. It is nice if the “cost” of ownership is only mantence and opportunity, with the purchase price being a capital expenditure other than just another expense.
Mousehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2018, 03:46 AM   #4
wrxsti
"TRF" Member

there is minimal to no discounts going forward with current market conditions, if you keep any rolex long enough they will increase in value due to price increases, just buy and enjoy the watch, wear it for 10 years, for sure you can sell it for more than you initially paid for it
Old 18 May 2018, 05:00 AM   #5
superstarmar
Banned

Watch: my wrist presence
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxsti View Post
there is minimal to no discounts going forward with current market conditions, if you keep any rolex long enough they will increase in value due to price increases, just buy and enjoy the watch, wear it for 10 years, for sure you can sell it for more than you initially paid for it
have to agree with this...
if your looking for a TT sports model then the hit shouldn't
be too bad albeit TT daytonas... Do your research then decide.
superstarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2018, 07:09 AM   #6
wrxsti
"TRF" Member

only tt submariners seem to keep decent value due to simple demand