The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 17 October 2019, 09:35 AM   #1
ocN55
"TRF" Member

Watch: Vintage
Questions regarding warranty of modern APs

Hi All!

Per the title, I have a few questions regarding the factory warranty that AP provides.

1. As I understand, owners who register their watch (on AP's website) purchased within the past 24 months will be given a 36 month extension of the original 2yr factory warranty. Does that mean your warranty will expire after 2 years if you forget to register your purchase the AP website?

2. Does AP warranty transfer the same way rolex warranties do? (ie "warranty follows the watch, not the papers/name")

Thank you
ocN55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 09:54 AM   #2
csj
"TRF" Member

Yes, warranty period is over if you do not register the watch online or have the boutique do it. I believe you may even have to register within a certain period of time (like within a couple months of original purchase, but am not 100% on that).

If purchased through a boutique, they sometimes will automatically give you the 5-year warranty when purchased. This was the case for me when purchasing at the boutique in NYC.

And yes, the warranty follows the watch similar to Rolex. The watch can have 5 different owners but as long as its still in the warranty period and nothing has voided the warranty, then you are good to go.
csj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 10:24 AM   #3
othertbone
Banned

Watch: Rolex/AP/Vin Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by csj View Post
Yes, warranty period is over if you do not register the watch online or have the boutique do it. I believe you may even have to register within a certain period of time (like within a couple months of original purchase, but am not 100% on that).

If purchased through a boutique, they sometimes will automatically give you the 5-year warranty when purchased. This was the case for me when purchasing at the boutique in NYC.

And yes, the warranty follows the watch similar to Rolex. The watch can have 5 different owners but as long as its still in the warranty period and nothing has voided the warranty, then you are good to go.

I got the 5 years from the company owned boutique too.
othertbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2019, 12:57 AM   #4
systematic.entropy
"TRF" Member

100% confirm warranty follows watch. I purchased preloved and had to make a warranty claim, no issues whatsoever. AP - Clearwater was top notch!

Last edited by systematic.entropy; 19 October 2019 at 12:57 AM.. Reason: spelling
systematic.entropy is offline   Reply With Quote