The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 30 December 2013, 06:22 AM   #91
birk1
"TRF" Member

Watch: I have lots…
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
The way I see it there's only one way for you to get your watch back.

Fly down there, go to the local police station and find an officer.

Convince him (with a few $100 bills) to accompany you to the scammers home and get your watch.
Houston to Romania is a long haul - but not out of the range of possibility

And just so all links are present for the police

This is the watch I shipped to Romania

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthrea...ancpain+lemans
Old 30 December 2013, 06:37 AM   #92
Verifier
"TRF" Member

I have a plan. I'm hoping he goes in for like 2-5 years in prison.
Old 30 December 2013, 06:39 AM   #93
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by birk1 View Post
Houston to Romania is a long haul - but not out of the range of possibility

And just so all links are present for the police

This is the watch I shipped to Romania

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthrea...ancpain+lemans
The longer you wait the greater the chances are that he will dispose of your watch which will leave you without nothing.

This is of course just my personal opinion and worth exactly what you paid for it.
Old 30 December 2013, 06:56 AM   #94
afnios1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: IWC 371503 gst.
hope that all 3 scammed in here has do all the reports are needed,in their countries and to the Romanian authorities.
I believe that alex will not have a nice new years eve,I can't tell more details......
Old 30 December 2013, 07:15 AM   #95
robertneville
"TRF" Member

Watch: me burn
Horrible story! Good luck to all. #$@# scammers.

Motocross is life!
Old 30 December 2013, 07:16 AM   #96
Verifier
"TRF" Member

I have pmed a plan to birk1, can the victims please pm me so I can pm you the plan.
Old 30 December 2013, 07:22 AM   #97
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
The way I see it there's only one way for you to get your watch back.

Fly down there, go to the local police station and find an officer.

Convince him (with a few $100 bills) to accompany you to the scammers home and get your watch.
I think you are right.

Eastern european countries "organized crime" is a bit worse than a watch...

This might be a tricky one, as corruption is also very common.
Old 30 December 2013, 07:31 AM   #98
nch209
"TRF" Member

Best of luck to all who got stuck. Act swift and use all means available to you to go after this guy. Makes me sick we have creeps like this.
Old 30 December 2013, 07:47 AM   #99
TAKUYA
⭐⭐⭐⭐2024 DATE-JUST41 sponsor & Boutique Seller

Watch: AP/Rolex/PP
Sorry to hear that again my Neighbor . That is very beautiful watch. Hope that scammer will read all about these things and re think about it. And return it back to you.

We are the real men, working hard for our toys, and also having family to taking care. We spending time here to learn more about watches and also make the new friends who are friendly, honest, trustworthy……. Not trying to steal anything from them. We all work hard for it

P.s Hope you will think about it again Tony1(Alex). When you doing something wrong, it's not too late to fix your mistake. but if you keeping doing that, another bad things are coming to you/your life sooner or later. That how the life is truly going…… Returning it back to my Neighbor

Instagram @takuyawatches
Old 30 December 2013, 08:19 AM   #100
Rolex40mm
Banned

Man, your mistake was making a deal with a guy in ROMANIA!!!!!

No offense, but you should have known better. It' like selling your Rolex on eBay to a guy in Nigeria. Eastern Europeans are notorious for counterfeiting watches, and other watch frauds.

Guys, guys. Always stick to trusted sellers located in your country. That way you have more control if something goes wrong. My sympathy goes out to the guys who get robbed trying to sell or buy watches online, but many of them are not being diligent and careful enough.

Remember, If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck….IT'S A ****ING DUCK!!!
Old 30 December 2013, 08:19 AM   #101
Draxler
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by takuya View Post
sorry to hear that again my neighbor . That is very beautiful watch. Hope that scammer will read all about these things and re think about it. And return it back to you.

We are the real men, working hard for our toys, and also having family to taking care. We spending time here to learn more about watches and also make the new friends who are friendly, honest, trustworthy……. Not trying to steal anything from them. We all work hard for it

p.s hope you will think about it again tony1(alex). When you doing something wrong, it's not too late to fix your mistake. But if you keeping doing that, another bad things are coming to you/your life sooner or later. That how the life is truly going…… returning it back to my neighbor
Old 30 December 2013, 08:23 AM   #102
afnios1

Watch: IWC 371503 gst.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollyUp View Post
Man, your mistake was making a deal with a guy in ROMANIA!!!!!

No offense, but you should have known better. It' like selling your Rolex on eBay to a guy in Nigeria. Eastern Europeans are notorious for counterfeiting watches, and other watch frauds.

Guys, guys. Always stick to trusted sellers located in your country. That way you have more control if something goes wrong. My sympathy goes out to the guys who get robbed trying to sell or buy watches online, but many of them are not being diligent and careful enough.

Remember, If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck….IT'S A ****ING DUCK!!!
didn't you read his solid refs in this forum?
'' you are not a fortune teller when the game is over''
Old 30 December 2013, 08:30 AM   #103
Silverfever
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnios1 View Post
didn't you read his solid refs in this forum?
'' you are not a fortune teller when the game is over''
Well said. That's why only buy from an AD. Even the nicest guy hit with some misfortune can all of a sudden turn rogue. If you need to buy grey market than do a face to face deal or pay by Paypal or CC. Never never wire transfer cash.
Old 30 December 2013, 08:35 AM   #104
antbkny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Dblue
Yea wiring money to someone you don't really know (in real life) is never a good idea. I don't care what internet references they may have. Same with mailing watches.
Old 30 December 2013, 08:43 AM   #105
Verifier
"TRF" Member

Man what's killing me inside is that he might get away with it if someone doesn't do anything quick, where's the police?interpol? Hello!! Man
This really makes me sick.

The problem is that the suspect was kinda smart he left a number that wasn't his, he left a address that wasn't his, and for the name idk.

The only hope now is the plan that I sent and I doubt it'll work because I now see that it has some leaks, but it's better than nothing.

The ip of the suspect was kinda useless because the suspect apparently surfed from a
Secure IP address. But I wonder where he brought the package and the watch from? I don't know how it works in Romania, but I do know that in Europe, to receive a mail or package, you basically need to show your ID card, and your Must match the name that the sender wrote in. But idk it's Romania so...he could have payed the mailer some cash I get it without verification.

I really hope from my heart that birk1 and the other victims
Gets what is theirs and that the thief gets locked in.
Old 30 December 2013, 09:04 AM   #106
Audemars Piguet
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Dude the number is his number and also the address, did you read my post.
Old 30 December 2013, 09:08 AM   #107
Audemars Piguet
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
And also if he declared $100 he need to pay customs and for that he showed an id and more than that a copy is now on fedex, dhl, ups or to the other service that the OP used to ship.
Old 30 December 2013, 10:09 AM   #108
Vishy26
"TRF" Member

Heart breaking to see the picture of the hard earned masterpiece fall into the hands of a scum. To those who are suggesting to get on the plane to Romania... why not take a lead in setting up a trust fund here for the 3 victims to cover one flight ticket atleast? Surely there would be some contributions from here. There was a loss incurred already, just in case it turns out to be a futile trip to Romania the loss would only increase. I think it's best to stay put in your countries and communicate using phones and e-mail, surely things would progress I believe. I might sound wrong here when I say the following..instead of burning money on flight tickets why not provide a little kickbacks to local hard working cops if you see that opportunity in the first place..

I believe good will prevail in the end in this case...
Old 30 December 2013, 10:17 AM   #109
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Going somewhere alone to a place like Romania to seek justice, official or otherwise, could end very badly. I would be very apprehensive about such a move.
Old 30 December 2013, 10:19 AM   #110
GradyPhilpott

Watch: 116710 BLNR
According to FedEx that package has not yet been delivered.

I'd be contacting FedEx, if I could.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
Old 30 December 2013, 11:46 AM   #111
drifter01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5500 Air-King
If you know any HAs in Romania, you could have them drop in on the guy.

Dave
Old 30 December 2013, 01:18 PM   #112
zbrock06
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 18k YG YM II
Alex, I hope you are still looking at this because I have contacted all necessary sources and people will be finding you, you messed with a large community that has many people that are willing to help and assist each other.

Please come to your senses and return the funds and watches to the rightful owners. This can still be avoided without problems. You messed with too much money for people to not worry or care about.
Old 30 December 2013, 01:42 PM   #113
southtexas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
Going somewhere alone to a place like Romania to seek justice, official or otherwise, could end very badly. I would be very apprehensive about such a move.
^^^THIS.

It sounds good on 'paper', but you just might be the dog who finally catches the bus, right before it backs up over you. Let the police and your insurance handle it.

Follow me on Instagram @ccrolex
Old 30 December 2013, 02:12 PM   #114
socalwatchcollector
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pateks Plural
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollyup View Post
man, your mistake was making a deal with a guy in romania!!!!!

No offense, but you should have known better. It' like selling your rolex on ebay to a guy in nigeria. Eastern europeans are notorious for counterfeiting watches, and other watch frauds.

Remember, if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck….it's a ****ing duck!!!

x2
Old 30 December 2013, 02:42 PM   #115
CDNWatchNut
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by southtexas View Post
^^^THIS.

It sounds good on 'paper', but you just might be the dog who finally catches the bus, right before it backs up over you. Let the police and your insurance handle it.
+2 for all any one knows, this guy may be part of the HA or some other organized crime group.
Old 30 December 2013, 02:48 PM   #116
socalwatchcollector
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pateks Plural
This just pisses me off all around!! I have purchased many watches from members on here both in person and shipped and never once had an issue. On top of you getting your watch back his guy needs to be dealt with for the forum and it's sellers to maintain their reputation as a safe place to buy and sell. Being ranked in the top 75000 in the world it is certainly visible. I personally wouldn't let one bad apple spoil the bunch but this is the internet and we know how it can spread like wildfire.

Post his emails and phone numbers he was using... Post his IP address along with any other info you have on this guy. There would have been a more meticulous way of handling this as opposed to banning him and hammering him all over the web. Setting him up would have been a bit more wise and the preferred method... Now this guy is more than likely long gone...

In addition someone mentioned that fed ex hasn't delivered the package yet. You need to get all over them to see if you can stop shipment or better yet on a plane to the location where it is currently.

Two boneheaded mistakes don't make a right. Be smart and keep your ass out of Romania. That is no place you want to go acting like a big shot. The big talkers that say they would be on a plane to handle it are the ones who end up in a box. Instead go to fed ex and try throwing a little money around to stop shipment. All though I am not sure how well that will go since you agreed to declare $100 bucks for a 20k watch.
Old 30 December 2013, 03:46 PM   #117
ra's ag
"TRF" Member

Watch: The next one...
Ryan my heart is bleeding for you. I hope this somehow gets sorted in your favor. To be honest Ill take this as a wake up call myself since I have done a number of deals here that I have been a little too trusting with.
Old 30 December 2013, 04:31 PM   #118
gmax
2024 Pledge Member

Really sorry to hear about all this. Only advice I can offer is don't expect any help in Romania. Practically everyone and everything is corrupt there. Been there many times. Scams and deceptive practice are part of the culture..from the politicians and police all the way down the ladder to the gypsies. Perhaps trying to create a liaison between Interpol and Fed Ex would be your best bet.
Good luck.
Old 30 December 2013, 05:21 PM   #119
Christian P
"TRF" Member

I agree

Did a trade with him too. First watch arrived. 2nd shipment never made it.
Old 30 December 2013, 05:41 PM   #120
Christian P
"TRF" Member

Account holder name: Neacsu Bogdan-Alexandru
Address: str. Deleni
IBAN ( bank account number ): RO56RNCB0504109016060002
Currency: EURO
SWIFT CODE: RNCBROBU
Bank name: BCR
Address: BCR OBOR
Romania, Bucharest
Closed Thread