The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 5 April 2020, 08:45 PM   #91
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Thanks my friend. We had a lot of fun in Dubai for sure! Can’t wait for the next event when all this appalling news starts to dissipate.
Old 5 April 2020, 11:24 PM   #92
Eagleeye1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign View Post
Ive spent far less than Roger and have been treated incredibly well across the board, but ultimately the relationship goes both ways.

In particular, invitations to AP golf events for several days (everything covered except fights and met Roger and Austen this past year), holiday swag and was invited to the Masters this year (Berckmans Place, nonetheless). There are no shortcuts in AP hospitality, only the best.

Their client engagement is bar none the best from my experience and that includes my wife’s experiences with other brands as well. I’ve been debating adding more Rolexes and a PP to my collection and can’t be peeled away.

PS I dont have a double balance or Jumbo and am still waiting

PSS congrats on the new watch, Roger. You weren’t kidding in Dubai last year when you said they would allocate you one in no time

I obviously know what I’m saying and not making it up since I have one and didn’t buy it from a grey dealer. Everyone is entitled to opinions. I am super happy for everyone who have these hot pieces just I guess I would like a simple waiting list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eagleeye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 11:42 PM   #93
maciej
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagleeye1 View Post
I obviously know what I’m saying and not making it up since I have one and didn’t buy it from a grey dealer. Everyone is entitled to opinions. I am super happy for everyone who have these hot pieces just I guess I would like a simple waiting list.

While we shouldn't hijack Roger's thread to celebrate his newest stunning acquisition, I'll take this one.

It's impossible to develop an allocation system in a highly complex environment such as the luxury good market that covers a wide variety of clientele. All iterations of an allocation system will inevitably lead to dissatisfaction in one way, shape, or form given the circumstances. First come first serve? How do you reward clients that generate more revenue for the manufacturer? Prioritization based on spend? How do you ensure that you're rewarding clientele that is up and coming? A hybrid approach? It will inherently not satisfy everyone. Meanwhile, you have to be extraordinarily conscientious of the fact that people will misrepresent their intentions due to the grey market and wanting to flip desirable pieces.

Ultimately I will say that Audemars Piguet will go out of their way to develop relationships with clientele that show authentic passion for timepieces and the brand. I can assure you that I pale in comparison to nearly all of the big spenders at Audemars Piguet, but they have shown me and many of my friends extraordinary attention because of the passion that we have for the brand and horology.

While I'm sure you have a legitimate reason for feeling that you've been slighted, I can assure you that if you have a genuine conversation with the boutique manager and express your discontent in a reasonable way that they'll take care of you.

...At least AP will be willing to listen, go to Patek and they'll tell you it's a privilege for you to even be in their presence...
maciej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 11:55 PM   #94
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Waiting lists don't work. To do so would mean that everyone is equal, which should NOT the case, to do so would effectively punish the true AP enthusiasts and reward the speculator flippers. AP will only sell to KNOWN customers and only then if they believe the customer is genuine and won't be likely to flip straight away.
Build your relationship with AP and then you'll EARN a place on the waiting list for an item that you want. EARN doesn't mean spend, it means TRUST.
I don't get what I want when I want it, but, if I ask for something I know that AP will treat me more than fairly.
There is a member here who had a good repertoire of AP's but wasn't getting any love from AP for whatever reason, then once he reacquainted himself with AP and with a little prompting, AP allocated him a 15407.
As I said in an earlier post, AP's allocations are driven by people, so learn to be a 'people person' and see what a difference that may make.
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 11:57 PM   #95
GS93108
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=maciej;10512164]While we shouldn't hijack Roger's thread to celebrate his newest stunning acquisition, I'll take this one.

Seconded, sorry Roger. Enough said.
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 11:58 PM   #96
Eagleeye1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciej View Post
While we shouldn't hijack Roger's thread to celebrate his newest stunning acquisition, I'll take this one.

It's impossible to develop an allocation system in a highly complex environment such as the luxury good market that covers a wide variety of clientele. All iterations of an allocation system will inevitably lead to dissatisfaction in one way, shape, or form given the circumstances. First come first serve? How do you reward clients that generate more revenue for the manufacturer? Prioritization based on spend? How do you ensure that you're rewarding clientele that is up and coming? A hybrid approach? It will inherently not satisfy everyone. Meanwhile, you have to be extraordinarily conscientious of the fact that people will misrepresent their intentions due to the grey market and wanting to flip desirable pieces.

Ultimately I will say that Audemars Piguet will go out of their way to develop relationships with clientele that show authentic passion for timepieces and the brand. I can assure you that I pale in comparison to nearly all of the big spenders at Audemars Piguet, but they have shown me and many of my friends extraordinary attention because of the passion that we have for the brand and horology.

While I'm sure you have a legitimate reason for feeling that you've been slighted, I can assure you that if you have a genuine conversation with the boutique manager and express your discontent in a reasonable way that they'll take care of you.

...At least AP will be willing to listen, go to Patek and they'll tell you it's a privilege for you to even be in their presence...

I do agree Patek is much worse. Imagine what kind of client they lost by not giving conkers the respect and allocation he deserves.

Old 6 April 2020, 12:34 AM   #97
conkers
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagleeye1 View Post
I do agree Patek is much worse. Imagine what kind of client they lost by not giving conkers the respect and allocation he deserves.

Well they still managed to get a lot of my cash over the last 24 years! Just nowadays a much larger percentage of my hard earned goes to AP.
Old 6 April 2020, 01:56 AM   #98
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Congrats again on your latest splendid acquisition.
Old 6 April 2020, 01:58 AM   #99
Eagleeye1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conkers View Post
Well they still managed to get a lot of my cash over the last 24 years! Just nowadays a much larger percentage of my hard earned goes to AP.

Patek has an almost aristocratic arrogance about them. They make what they want when they want it and sell to whom they want to. Hence the allocation process for the big pieces but you should be on the same level as those Arab royals with your spending level.

Old 6 April 2020, 02:10 AM   #100
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS93108 View Post
Waiting lists don't work. To do so would mean that everyone is equal, which should NOT the case, to do so would effectively punish the true AP enthusiasts and reward the speculator flippers. AP will only sell to KNOWN customers and only then if they believe the customer is genuine and won't be likely to flip straight away.
Build your relationship with AP and then you'll EARN a place on the waiting list for an item that you want. EARN doesn't mean spend, it means TRUST.
I don't get what I want when I want it, but, if I ask for something I know that AP will treat me more than fairly.
There is a member here who had a good repertoire of AP's but wasn't getting any love from AP for whatever reason, then once he reacquainted himself with AP and with a little prompting, AP allocated him a 15407.
As I said in an earlier post, AP's allocations are driven by people, so learn to be a 'people person' and see what a difference that may make.

The problem with an allocation system is of course, not always everyone will have one and the have-nots aren't going to be that pleased as being deemed less deserving so it's understandable they feel being slighted and doubt of "fairness" will come into play.

Yet in the large scheme of things, I think AP still goes generally by spending power, with a few exceptions here and there. Enthusiasm and passion will not go a long way as they are a business after all and passion and enthusiasm aren't going to foot the bills. A better way is to be upfront with a customer to say if they are getting the piece or not, rather than stringing them along for months.

My spending with AP has admittedly declined recently as I have other priorities and because I value diversity in my collection ( I like many brands ) and can't give my entire watch budget to AP, so it is understandable I can't keep spending big bucks on AP purchase like some here can. So perhaps I won't be deemed a good AP client in the long run and it's better for me to move on as there is a low chance of me being allocated the interesting pieces. The current crisis has also really opened my mind that there are many things worth pursuing in life than just luxury watches.

Just sharing my thoughts. Hope I didn't offend anyone.
Old 5 May 2020, 06:32 AM   #101
Sirocco
"TRF" Member

Just discovered this thread...

What a beauty! Congrats to you Conkers :-)

Can't wait for other shots of this piece of art

Wear it in good health
Sirocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2020, 12:52 PM   #102
conkers
"TRF" Member

Thank you. Plenty of shots on my IG feed.