The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 30 March 2020, 12:03 PM   #61
Eagleeye1
"TRF" Member

I love this piece but does anyone see the arrogance of AP that this guy had to spend several million dollars to get this watch. AP couldn’t give the watches away 20 years ago. I had a 42 mm offshore titanium in 1999 and got it i believe for 7k. These guys were begging for customers back then. Make more watches available for people who want them and a true waitlist where you put your name on a list a wait till your turn not buy 500k of unwanted pieces and get something nice after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eagleeye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2020, 12:19 PM   #62
Gdaso
"TRF" Member

Wow! Just wow!!!
Big congrats
Gdaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2020, 12:29 PM   #63
mnl
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15450ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciej View Post
The interesting thing is that you need that perfect blend of cloud cover and light to get the right pics. I never would have expected it, but the ceramic is very finicky to take that perfect pic of it. But that's part of the experience, figuring it out!

those look like some nice AP gloves!! (goes without saying, obviously a fantastic watch as well)
mnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2020, 12:45 PM   #64
maciej
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagleeye1 View Post
I love this piece but does anyone see the arrogance of AP that this guy had to spend several million dollars to get this watch. AP couldn’t give the watches away 20 years ago. I had a 42 mm offshore titanium in 1999 and got it i believe for 7k. These guys were begging for customers back then. Make more watches available for people who want them and a true waitlist where you put your name on a list a wait till your turn not buy 500k of unwanted pieces and get something nice after.

So you’re upset you aren’t getting allocated one and that AP is now successful. Got it.

Side note, I know someone who hasn’t spent remotely close to seven figures with AP and is getting one, so the argument is flawed.

Oh, and let’s just not touch on the topic of AP wanting to show their appreciation to a loyal client and avid collector.
maciej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2020, 12:55 PM   #65
Eagleeye1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So you’re upset you aren’t getting allocated one and that AP is now successful. Got it.

Side note, I know someone who hasn’t spent remotely close to seven figures with AP and is getting one, so the argument is flawed.

Oh, and let’s just not touch on the topic of AP wanting to show their appreciation to a loyal client and avid collector.

I’m upset with the process but love the brand obviously since I’ve been owning them since 99.

Old 30 March 2020, 02:13 PM   #66
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Once you are in this category oh watches just go grey and accept the way the watch world works... but I do at least share your sentiment when it comes to the more entry level watches that are hard to get...
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2020, 02:41 PM   #67
PPFANBOY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The interesting thing is that you need that perfect blend of cloud cover and light to get the right pics. I never would have expected it, but the ceramic is very finicky to take that perfect pic of it. But that's part of the experience, figuring it out!
Amazing photo. Also struggle to take pics of mine.
They look amazing in the flesh. The black pops like it's made of solid gold.
Old 30 March 2020, 02:42 PM   #68
swaini3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 GMT, DRSD
Now that is sexyyyy. Congrats
swaini3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2020, 02:51 PM   #69
madtrax
Banned

Amazing, congrats!
madtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2020, 08:39 PM   #70
Lindhuirst
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by conkers View Post
Awesome!
Just a rookie question. But do you get your name and adress on the papers when buying a AP (like Pateks) or is no names added/attached with the watch?
Lindhuirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2020, 02:55 PM   #71
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
This is such an amazing piece.
HK Islandboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2020, 06:08 PM   #72
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindhuirst View Post
Just a rookie question. But do you get your name and adress on the papers when buying a AP (like Pateks) or is no names added/attached with the watch?
Digital warranties registered in their system in your name. No mention of your name on the warranty card they give you. This replaced the old physical warranty book a couple of years ago.
Old 2 April 2020, 06:14 PM   #73
conkers
"TRF" Member

Quote:

This watch is I believe available to a slightly broader array of collectors who have a good relationship with AP. Obviously things like unique pieces are rather more difficult to secure and of course dollars spent do play their part. I think AP are generally fair with their allocations and are trying hard to stop flipping of hot pieces. Can’t blame them for that and it does mean many good customers don’t get everything they would like. Of course it was not always like that.
Old 4 April 2020, 06:52 AM   #74
Urooj
Banned

Another grail acquisition to your already astounding drool worthy AP collection. Well done my friend....
Urooj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 04:04 AM   #75
Nightdate
"TRF" Member

Ooooschhh! Magnifico
Nightdate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 07:18 AM   #76
erredi7734
"TRF" Member

Watch: DB28, MB&F LM1
Spectacular piece! AP ceramic is top qualify. Open work gives the extra spin
erredi7734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 10:08 AM   #77
conkers
"TRF" Member

Thank you!
Old 5 April 2020, 10:36 AM   #78
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
This watch is I believe available to a slightly broader array of collectors who have a good relationship with AP. Obviously things like unique pieces are rather more difficult to secure and of course dollars spent do play their part. I think AP are generally fair with their allocations and are trying hard to stop flipping of hot pieces. Can’t blame them for that and it does mean many good customers don’t get everything they would like. Of course it was not always like that.
Very tactful, much better than I ever would have responded. Congrats on everything - someone who truly deserves the love from AP.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 11:17 AM   #79
Eagleeye1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
Very tactful, much better than I ever would have responded. Congrats on everything - someone who truly deserves the love from AP.

How would you have responded? I would love to know. I guess to you watch extortion is ok. This is ap mentality these days and I have lots of experience. “ good day sir if you would like one of our hot watches please purchase a few code 1159s and you will have the honor of buying a double balance wheel ”

Old 5 April 2020, 11:18 AM   #80
conkers
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
Thank you my friend. I am a very lucky guy for sure and working with AP on my next incoming already.
Old 5 April 2020, 11:23 AM   #81
Eagleeye1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thank you my friend. I am a very lucky guy for sure and working with AP on my next incoming already.

You are not lucky you are the whale customer for ap and they are lucky to have you as a customer.

Old 5 April 2020, 12:16 PM   #82
conkers
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You are not lucky you are the whale customer for ap and they are lucky to have you as a customer.

Thank you but it goes two ways and they look after me far better than the other brands so of course I am predisposed to give them more business.
Old 5 April 2020, 12:54 PM   #83
maciej
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Thank you but it goes two ways and they look after me far better than the other brands so of course I am predisposed to give them more business.
That in itself is why I'll forever be a loyal Audemars Piguet client. The treatment I've gotten all over the world, regardless of which boutique it has been, in addition to my experiences with leaders of the company, has solidified my contention that it is the best client centric brand out of any of the manufacturers. From before I was a client and walking in just wearing a Submariner or an Aquanaut, to now where I picked up my ceramic perpetual calendar a few months ago, they've always done right by me and I'll forever appreciate that.
Old 5 April 2020, 12:58 PM   #84
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Quote:
That in itself is why I'll forever be a loyal Audemars Piguet client. The treatment I've gotten all over the world, regardless of which boutique it has been, in addition to my experiences with leaders of the company, has solidified my contention that it is the best client centric brand out of any of the manufacturers. From before I was a client and walking in just wearing a Submariner or an Aquanaut, to now where I picked up my ceramic perpetual calendar a few months ago, they've always done right by me and I'll forever appreciate that.
I’m waiting for ur incoming...!!!!
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 01:12 PM   #85
maciej
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
Going to be a while with all of this stuff going on lol
Old 5 April 2020, 02:27 PM   #86
yoast
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
Also waiting for yours
Old 5 April 2020, 03:15 PM   #87
conkers
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Absolutely. They genuinely understand what a client-centric operating model is.
Old 5 April 2020, 06:49 PM   #88
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:
How would you have responded? I would love to know. I guess to you watch extortion is ok. This is ap mentality these days and I have lots of experience. “ good day sir if you would like one of our hot watches please purchase a few code 1159s and you will have the honor of buying a double balance wheel ”

That's not THE AP experience, that's YOUR AP experience and you can't blame AP for treating each customer individually. AP is a company but a company operates through its people, and people judge other people by their actions, demeanour and language. So work that puzzle out and you might stand a chance. Else, just chill out.

p.s.

Nice acquisition Roger, a true beauty.
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 07:24 PM   #89
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:

If AP know you as a client already then I’m very doubtful that they would suggest that by simply buying a Code will get a 15407 because it won’t.

Requesting a watch like this is where your relationship with the boutique is worth more than your ability to flex your financial muscle. I could be wrong but your comments on this thread would suggest that you’re not big on the relationship side. Also, To anyone who has only ever bought ‘grey’ and has walked into a boutique and asked for a hot watch then I think it’s a fair point to ask for some skin in the game.

AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 08:34 PM   #90
Reign
"TRF" Member

Incoming!!

Quote:

Ive spent far less than Roger and have been treated incredibly well across the board, but ultimately the relationship goes both ways.

In particular, invitations to AP golf events for several days (everything covered except fights and met Roger and Austen this past year), holiday swag and was invited to the Masters this year (Berckmans Place, nonetheless). There are no shortcuts in AP hospitality, only the best.

Their client engagement is bar none the best from my experience and that includes my wife’s experiences with other brands as well. I’ve been debating adding more Rolexes and a PP to my collection and can’t be peeled away.

PS I dont have a double balance or Jumbo and am still waiting

PSS congrats on the new watch, Roger. You weren’t kidding in Dubai last year when you said they would allocate you one in no time
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote