The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 20 June 2017, 05:54 AM   #91
superstarmar
2017 Batman Pledge Member
 
superstarmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Real Name: Mario
Location: In Motion
Watch: 4 Sunburst Bluesy
Posts: 2,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollister View Post
Yes, I like those things, but not the "bluesy", sorry. It's also got the lamest nickname, and that's really saying something. I prefer my OP 39, and the pre-ceramic subs. There's something really weird about the blue on the bezel of the latest blue sub.
Different strokes for different folks ... I'm not a fan personally
of the OP 39 but I don't go around bashing it ...
I too also like the 5 digit subs as well ... to each their own ...
__________________
superstarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2017, 06:58 AM   #92
peterpl
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: .
Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollister View Post
Yes, I like those things, but not the "bluesy", sorry. It's also got the lamest nickname, and that's really saying something. I prefer my OP 39, and the pre-ceramic subs. There's something really weird about the blue on the bezel of the latest blue sub.
How can you not like the bluesy. One of the best looking Rolex's ever made and one of the most iconic ones as well. The Blue on this is considered the BEST blue out of all Rolex models.

The Blue on the SkyD and YM are different and no so attractive compared to this.

Compared to the OP39 the Bluesy kills it each and every time.

I guess you are a less flashy guy since the OP39 is a very plain, simple and understated watch.
peterpl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2017, 07:43 AM   #93
Hollister
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Real Name: James
Location: UK
Watch: 114300
Posts: 1,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstarmar View Post
Different strokes for different folks ... I'm not a fan personally
of the OP 39 but I don't go around bashing it ...
I too also like the 5 digit subs as well ... to each their own ...
...and I don't go around saying my watches are incontestably beautiful. It's all personal taste.
Hollister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2017, 07:44 AM   #94
Hollister
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Real Name: James
Location: UK
Watch: 114300
Posts: 1,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpl View Post
How can you not like the bluesy. One of the best looking Rolex's ever made and one of the most iconic ones as well. The Blue on this is considered the BEST blue out of all Rolex models.

The Blue on the SkyD and YM are different and no so attractive compared to this.

Compared to the OP39 the Bluesy kills it each and every time.

I guess you are a less flashy guy since the OP39 is a very plain, simple and understated watch.
It's considered the BEST blue by whom? This is utter nonsense.

You have to admit that "bluesy" is the most lame nickname ever.
Hollister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2017, 07:49 AM   #95
tomchicago
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chicago
Watch: 16710BLRO, 214270.
Posts: 2,141
I hereby contest.
tomchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2017, 07:59 AM   #96
JCN
"TRF" Member
 
JCN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Orange County
Watch: Superocean 44
Posts: 30
I'd like to see a blue ceramic no date sub. Actually, I'd like to see any other offering in a no date sub on top of the current black offering. Why not blue or green? PLEASE?!?
JCN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2017, 08:16 AM   #97
WAK4
2017 Batman Pledge Member
 
WAK4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Real Name: Bill
Location: NJ
Watch: Always changing
Posts: 3,060
I'm generally not a fan of TT, but if any watch was going to convert me, it'd be the TT Sub with the sunburst dial. Beautiful!
WAK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2017, 09:06 AM   #98
superstarmar
2017 Batman Pledge Member
 
superstarmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Real Name: Mario
Location: In Motion
Watch: 4 Sunburst Bluesy
Posts: 2,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollister View Post
...and I don't go around saying my watches are incontestably beautiful. It's all personal taste.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollister View Post
It's considered the BEST blue by whom? This is utter nonsense.

You have to admit that "bluesy" is the most lame nickname ever.
It's one of the most iconic and recognizable Rolex models/Subs
for probably the past 20 yrs plus ...
If it's not to your liking you can start your own thread
with all respect ..
I, along with many other members appreciate the beauty of this model ...
we all appreciate your input James ...
__________________
superstarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2017, 09:12 AM   #99
rolexnub
"TRF" Member
 
rolexnub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Real Name: Alain
Location: Canada
Watch: Rolex
Posts: 3,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstarmar View Post
It's one of the most iconic and recognizable Rolex models/Subs
for probably the past 20 yrs plus ...
If it's not to your liking you can start your own thread
with all respect ..
I, along with many other members appreciate the beauty of this model ...
we all appreciate your input James ...
I agree with you 100% Mario. The Bluesy is truly an iconic and one of the best looking Subs.

I can't wait to see if James aka Hollister will start his "Incontestable Beauty of OP 39".
rolexnub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2017, 09:16 AM   #100
superstarmar
2017 Batman Pledge Member
 
superstarmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Real Name: Mario
Location: In Motion
Watch: 4 Sunburst Bluesy
Posts: 2,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexnub View Post
I agree with you 100% Mario. The Bluesy is truly an iconic and one of the best looking Subs.

I can't wait to see if James aka Hollister will start his "Incontestable Beauty of OP 39".


Thanks Alain...
We shall see ...
__________________
superstarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2017, 12:36 PM   #101
superstarmar
2017 Batman Pledge Member
 
superstarmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Real Name: Mario
Location: In Motion
Watch: 4 Sunburst Bluesy
Posts: 2,508
Here's another pic for good measure...
Looks to me like the dial and bezel match pretty well ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4080.jpg (148.1 KB, 116 views)
__________________
superstarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2017, 02:08 PM   #102
rominvicta
2017 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: EU
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAK4 View Post
I'm generally not a fan of TT, but if any watch was going to convert me, it'd be the TT Sub with the sunburst dial. Beautiful!
Exactly my thoughts! Different shades of blue amazing!
rominvicta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2017, 05:17 PM   #103
Hollister
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Real Name: James
Location: UK
Watch: 114300
Posts: 1,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexnub View Post
I agree with you 100% Mario. The Bluesy is truly an iconic and one of the best looking Subs.

I can't wait to see if James aka Hollister will start his "Incontestable Beauty of OP 39".
I'm not needy enough, and all beauty is contestable, like it or not.

FWIW, I think the 5-digit blue has better colour than the present incarnation. But both have a bit of a "car dealer" vibe, it seems to me.
Hollister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2017, 10:50 PM   #104
lord91
"TRF" Member
 
lord91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Bucuresti
Watch: 114060
Posts: 190
Car dealer vibe?? What's that?
I asked here on the forum fellow members that owned both 5 and 6 digit ref if the dials are the same blue. No one bothered answering. However, purple patina aside, in bright lighting conditions (as only under these circumstances i had my doubts), the 5 digit seems to be as bright as the 6. So i think they're the same shade of blue...
Lame nickname of the watch? It's people's fault with what they choose. For example, i don't like them one bit, don't see any Batman in the BLNR and i hate the Hulk for the LV
lord91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2017, 11:36 PM   #105
superstarmar
2017 Batman Pledge Member
 
superstarmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Real Name: Mario
Location: In Motion
Watch: 4 Sunburst Bluesy
Posts: 2,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollister View Post
I'm not needy enough, and all beauty is contestable, like it or not.

FWIW, I think the 5-digit blue has better colour than the present incarnation. But both have a bit of a "car dealer" vibe, it seems to me.
James , if you read the intro to my thread you would have
noticed I was trying to upload pics after the forum upgrade.
Decided to name it the title it has because the Blue Sunburst
Dial Sub has a worldwide following for many years ....
Whether it's the 5 or 6 digit TT or full PM... I believe it's a
special watch ... Not just because I have one , this reference
has been my favorite since I first saw it in my teens before I
even had one ... it has absolutely no correlation to being needy !
This model whether TT or PM stands on its own without my help
or yours ...
__________________
superstarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2017, 08:18 AM   #106
reloxt
2017 Batman Pledge Member
 
reloxt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Real Name: Ted
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 257
Has been my favorite and kind of a guilty pleasure. It took me going through a lot of rolex watches before I stopped caring about what other people think of this watch. I believe it is the most beautiful sub and happy I finally got one. Puts a smile on my face every time I wear it. Don't even care that my wife thinks my BLNR is the most beautiful of the Rolexes I currently own. I looked for a payable 5 digit version for a while but couldn't find the right one. Now I am very happy I bought the 6 digit version. Feels very solid and wears great.
__________________
Instagram : ted_watches
reloxt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2017, 04:53 AM   #107
superstarmar
2017 Batman Pledge Member
 
superstarmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Real Name: Mario
Location: In Motion
Watch: 4 Sunburst Bluesy
Posts: 2,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by reloxt View Post
Has been my favorite and kind of a guilty pleasure. It took me going through a lot of rolex watches before I stopped caring about what other people think of this watch. I believe it is the most beautiful sub and happy I finally got one. Puts a smile on my face every time I wear it. Don't even care that my wife thinks my BLNR is the most beautiful of the Rolexes I currently own. I looked for a payable 5 digit version for a while but couldn't find the right one. Now I am very happy I bought the 6 digit version. Feels very solid and wears great.
Awesome Ted!!!
As much as I love the BLNR I feel the same ...
The 6 digit Blue Sub C Sunburst is more beautiful to me
than the BLNR and I do love the BLNR !!!!
__________________
superstarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2017, 05:16 AM   #108
Hollister
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Real Name: James
Location: UK
Watch: 114300
Posts: 1,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstarmar View Post
James , if you read the intro to my thread you would have
noticed I was trying to upload pics after the forum upgrade.
Decided to name it the title it has because the Blue Sunburst
Dial Sub has a worldwide following for many years ....
Whether it's the 5 or 6 digit TT or full PM... I believe it's a
special watch ... Not just because I have one , this reference
has been my favorite since I first saw it in my teens before I
even had one ... it has absolutely no correlation to being needy !
This model whether TT or PM stands on its own without my help
or yours ...
That's great Mario, I'm glad to see you are enthusiastic about your choice of watch. We are all into different stuff, though, and that's really my point.
Hollister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2017, 06:41 AM   #109
superstarmar
2017 Batman Pledge Member
 
superstarmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Real Name: Mario
Location: In Motion
Watch: 4 Sunburst Bluesy
Posts: 2,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollister View Post
That's great Mario, I'm glad to see you are enthusiastic about your choice of watch. We are all into different stuff, though, and that's really my point.
Totally agreed my friend. ..
__________________
superstarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2017, 06:43 AM   #110
rodo
2017 Batman Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 185
congrats! I just got one (16613), picking it up today!
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2017, 08:11 AM   #111
superstarmar
2017 Batman Pledge Member
 
superstarmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Real Name: Mario
Location: In Motion
Watch: 4 Sunburst Bluesy
Posts: 2,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodo View Post
congrats! I just got one (16613), picking it up today!
Excellent, congrats to you !!!
Let's see some pics when you get it ...
__________________
superstarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:33 AM   #112
superstarmar
2017 Batman Pledge Member
 
superstarmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Real Name: Mario
Location: In Motion
Watch: 4 Sunburst Bluesy
Posts: 2,508
Feeling the love and kinda blue today ....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4130.jpg (189.0 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4132.jpg (155.3 KB, 23 views)
__________________
superstarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:51 AM   #113
JC509
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Real Name: Josh
Location: Merseyside
Watch: BLNR
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
It sure is breathtaking.

WOW! That is a beauty
JC509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Banner Of The Month
*Banner Of The Month*
This space is provided to outstanding horological resources.





Copyright 2004-2017, The Rolex Forums. All Rights Reserved.

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Rolex is a registered trademark of ROLEX USA. The Rolex Forums is not affiliated with ROLEX USA in any way.