The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 24 March 2019, 11:49 AM   #121
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafran View Post
I am glad I read this
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 08:20 PM   #122
sitkenneth
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP SS Jumbo
Hi, I would like to wrap it up on a positive (well, at least IMO) note. While return without restocking fee was impossible, I was offered to exchange for a brand new piece with a top-up. And I have received the watch today.

It is, as described, a brand new unworn piece.

Thanks for all the TRFs here for their supportive comments. Without them I think I am still stuck with a watch I couldn’t enjoy. I appreciate some of you guys thought I should have just stood firm for a return but amongst the options i had I thought I should give it a try.

Thank God it worked and my thanks to Joe from Stein who offered this solution to make things right.

I can now move on to enjoy the new incoming.

Thank you.
sitkenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 08:27 PM   #123
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Please don’t post up any pix.....

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 08:44 PM   #124
Uros
"TRF" Member

good to hear you are happy with resolution...enjoy the new watch...
Uros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 09:10 PM   #125
Watcheroo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitkenneth View Post
Hi, I would like to wrap it up on a positive (well, at least IMO) note. While return without restocking fee was impossible, I was offered to exchange for a brand new piece with a top-up. And I have received the watch today.

Thanks for all the TRFs here for their supportive comments. Without them I think I am still stuck with a watch I couldn’t enjoy. I appreciate some of you guys thought I should have just stood firm for a return but amongst the options i had I thought I should give it a try.

Thank God it worked and my thanks to Joe from Stein who offered this solution to make things right.

Thank you.

Congrats. Enjoy the new piece
Watcheroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 10:35 PM   #126
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
That's what the forum is for, to look out for each other.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2019, 02:27 AM   #127
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
Quote:

Thank you.
Glad you're happy with the end result.
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2019, 02:53 AM   #128
Burlington
"TRF" Member

Pleased you’re happy.

Did you end up paying the restocking fee for your exchange ?

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2019, 03:49 AM   #129
bobernet
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS, AP, PP, Rolex
I understand wanting to end on a high note, but from the outside looking in...

1. Misrepresent the condition of a watch for sale, bordering on fraud.
2. Wait to see if customer complains, then threaten with a 5 figure restocking fee.
3. Force them to pay more money for a new watch, pay 5 figures for being duped, or keep a falsely advertised watch that they overpaid to own.
4. Profit, profit, profit in any outcome.

I hope every potential Stein Diamonds customer reads this thread and chooses to take their business elsewhere.

This is far from a “happy ending.”
bobernet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2019, 04:17 AM   #130
RLX_NY
"TRF" Member

OP I'm happy that you have put this behind you with a resolution that you seem happy with.

But they can definitely add me to the list of a potential lost customer for the simple fact on how they handled this whole situation and restocking fee fiasco. Actually going thru this thread again I saw of at least 3-4 lost deals with people looking to buy so a 20% restocking fee already cost them 3-4 potential deals already in the making and who knows how many more in the future when people google and ready this review.

Stein, I don't know who you have running your business but here's some free advice for you, fire your finance and PR guys they suck.
RLX_NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2019, 04:27 AM   #131
RolexZen
"TRF" Member

Watch: No Rolex
Quote:

Thank you.

Glad OP is satisfied with end result. Pictures?
RolexZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2019, 04:45 AM   #132
Doctock
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
There seem to be several issues in the sale - as they have been aired, now caveat emptor (even more so than one should do as part of any pre-owned sale) with Stein Diamonds of Los Angeles, CA USA.

I'm personally glad for the OP that he is happy with the end result.
I'm also happy to see that the Seller has tried to reply in a public forum (albeit quite clumsily).

From my external viewpoint the resolution seems biased toward the seller, especially with the "restocking fee".
As several already have pointed out - does trying a watch on in a shop thus result in a "pre-worn" and therefore discounted watch? Obviously not.
It appears like the seller is taking advantage of an international sale.

Watches are "hot" right now - very easy for some to flip and make lots of $$.
If you have bad company policies, create poor listings with poor quality/ photoshopped images, sell with false promises or under false pretenses these actions WILL be remembered when the current economic "exuberance" passes.

Someone - preferably the OP - NEEDS to report this entire event to Chrono24.com - this seller is a "Trusted Seller" with 112 prior transactions accounted for through Chrono24. Stein Diamonds currently has 72 watches listed there. Using the listed prices, there's potential for quite a side-profit on return fees = ~$200-$17K ...
Doctock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2019, 06:15 AM   #133
SteinDiamonds
"TRF" Member

We are glad that the OP got the watch he wanted and is satisfied.

We apologize for any inconvenicne and lost of trust we created. We have taken responsibility for the wording on the description of the product listing and that is why the OP was not charged a restocking fee, rather the difference between a pre owned watch and a brand new watch (with the upgraded new style warranty card) at an extremely fair price.

Again to clarify- we did not charge a restocking fee and the difference in price. We only charged the difference in price between what he paid for a pre owned watch and a new watch (at a price the OP agreed to).

We were not trying to "pull a quick one" or make a profit on the restocking fee or leave the OP with a watch he was not happy with. We never stopped responding/working with the OP (before and after this thread was created) and glad we came to a solution that we both were happy with.

We do not run a "side-profit" on return fees- I have personally in my 5 years with the comapny never charged a customer a restocking fee because we always deliver as promised or continuously work with the customer until they are happy. I regret that this got dragged out over 5 pages on the forums but I am confident that we would have resolved this with the OP no matter what.

Again- customer service is vital to an online company and customer satisfaction is top on our list which is why we are a trusted seller on C24 and have been able to survive for so many years in this industry.

Apologize again to everyone and glad the OP is happy. We will be sure to use much more careful language in our descriptions.
SteinDiamonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2019, 04:56 PM   #134
Sho-nuff
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP │ ALS
You misrepresented the condition of the watch and refused to take it back without a restocking fee. Leaving the OP with no other option but to upgrade and pay a top-up. That is the point that everyone is making.
Sho-nuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2019, 09:18 PM   #135
Eagleeye1
"TRF" Member

Lock her up. Lock them up. Looll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eagleeye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2019, 10:56 PM   #136
socalwatchcollector
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pateks Plural
Quote:
Thanks guys, will try to ask for a return

No one with any sort of watch knowledge or common decency would sell that thing as "like new". You should have demanded a full refund and went elsewhere. Restocking fee? Because you have to put it back in the case or hit re-list on it? What a knee slapper! If customer satisfaction was at the top of your list you wouldn't be listing beat up watches as "like new" knowing full well that AP would never service it after the hack job on it nor would you charge restocking fees to your customers if making them happy was a priority as you stated. The only thing you cared about was a sale.. Not the fact that if something happened to the watch the buyer couldn't even send to AP for repair. Low class to say the least!

@ OP Next time you decide to buy a watch PM me and I will point you in the right direction so you can sleep at night with no headaches.. I have plenty of reputable sellers I buy from all the time on here that don't play games or try to pass something off as "new" or "like new" when it isn't.
socalwatchcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2019, 11:48 PM   #137
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Purchase Experience with Stein Diamonds

The settlement is complete; the OP is satisfied, and the seller has replied.

I believe the case is closed without umbrage.

Further acrimony towards a seller who doesn’t sell here is truly unhelpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2019, 02:45 AM   #138
RolexZen
"TRF" Member

Watch: No Rolex
Purchase Experience with Stein Diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
The settlement is complete; the OP is satisfied, and the seller has replied.

I believe the case is closed without umbrage.

Further acrimony towards a seller who doesn’t sell here is truly unhelpful.

Hear, hear!
RolexZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2019, 02:59 AM   #139
aa909
Banned

Well I'm glad the OP is happy with the final resolution. I'm also particularly grateful for the details he posted because I live in LA and will be steering clear of Stein Diamonds
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2019, 03:39 AM   #140
Soly20
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Glad the OP is happy at the end. Send us some pics of the "brand new unworn piece" so that we can offer proper congrats!
Soly20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2019, 06:07 AM   #141
Apheaven
"TRF" Member

I have never seen a retail dealer publicly hold a customer hostage the way Stein did....Great reminder of what it’s like dealing with the bottom end of character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2019, 10:16 AM   #142
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteinDiamonds View Post

We apologize for any inconvenicne and lost of trust we created. We have taken responsibility for the wording on the description of the product listing and that is why the OP was not charged a restocking fee, rather the difference between a pre owned watch and a brand new watch (with the upgraded new style warranty card) at an extremely fair price.

Again to clarify- we did not charge a restocking fee and the difference in price. We only charged the difference in price between what he paid for a pre owned watch and a new watch (at a price the OP agreed to).

We were not trying to "pull a quick one" or make a profit on the restocking fee or leave the OP with a watch he was not happy with. We never stopped responding/working with the OP (before and after this thread was created) and glad we came to a solution that we both were happy with.

We do not run a "side-profit" on return fees- I have personally in my 5 years with the comapny never charged a customer a restocking fee because we always deliver as promised or continuously work with the customer until they are happy. I regret that this got dragged out over 5 pages on the forums but I am confident that we would have resolved this with the OP no matter what.

Again- customer service is vital to an online company and customer satisfaction is top on our list which is why we are a trusted seller on C24 and have been able to survive for so many years in this industry.

Apologize again to everyone and glad the OP is happy. We will be sure to use much more careful language in our descriptions.
This forum and, the might of the masses, saved the OP, not a gentlemanly gesture as depicted above. When studying anything forensically, the chronology of events is key. In this case I followed the thread from day 1. we have the deceptive description 2. Despite knowing what was shipped did not match description and, photos had been taken to hide the damage, you requested a restocking fee, this in full knowledge of what you had sent 3. Your initial statements on here do not match the most recent candor 4. Your initial statement was that you rejected a return because the OP had admitted to “wearing” a worn timepiece that was also damaged before he received it.

So, while I understand you are trying to handle the fallout the best you can, you continue to fail miserably by focusing upon your falsified item description designed to deceive and, predatory practice of then erecting a “restocking” roadblock to inhibit return of the item, known to be defective. Your ploy may convince others but, sadly not me. In my case, at the very first sign that you’d been caught and, this be visible on one of the worlds most visited watch forums, I would have given a free watch to my client to repair the backlash and, show extreme good faith. Why? Well, only absolute admission and, complete submission to fact, convinces todays consumers that you’re worthy of their money. Sadly (for you) I fear that you failed that test, as described, and the lasting effect of this will haunt you for a very very long time. Definitely more than a free watch and, immediately stopping (damage control) this now 6 pages of forum post, the moment you became aware of it. Good luck Stein Diamonds 7500 reads and counting...
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
Old 29 March 2019, 12:32 PM   #143
yyzpam
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP AP Rolex PAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteinDiamonds View Post

WOW....you just DON'T get it do you ??? ....or maybe you DO get it and this is the way you have been doing business for years. This time you got called out and you are begrudgingly attempting to show that 'you care' and that 'you will work with a client to resolve an issue'.

You showed you true colors numerous times throughout your clumsy responses and 'attempts' to explain the situation. You don't care. You have let this drag on for weeks, were it should have been handled in one day.

I am happy that the OP has a resolution that he can live with and I'm just glad that the community is aware of your business practices.
yyzpam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2019, 01:13 PM   #144
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

usually when you dig yourself in a hole, best move is to stop digging further.
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2019, 12:12 PM   #145
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang81 View Post
usually when you dig yourself in a hole, best move is to stop digging further.
Old 30 March 2019, 01:16 PM   #146
smym18
"TRF" Member

smym18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
steindiamonds