The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 3 July 2021, 12:34 PM   #1201
kizerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHP22 View Post
My read: This is not a scam. It’s not a PR stunt. It is a huge business/financial management failure that they will try and spin as a PR stunt to save face.
Agree 100%.

Whatever they reveal will be underwhelming and transparent.
kizerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2021, 12:38 PM   #1202
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
Quote:
My read: This is not a scam. It’s not a PR stunt. It is a huge business/financial management failure that they will try and spin as a PR stunt to save face.

I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2021, 12:44 PM   #1203
DERSPIELER
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47Fountain View Post
Lol. I was about to post the same thing & then I saw your post.
Do you really think Anthony or marco will post here??
They do not care about 99% of people posting here as they were not and will never be a customer of their business.

I have nothing to do with them just trying to give informations i got from anthony.
I am not telling they did right as i thing this stunt thing is very unprofessional whatever it is .
So believe what you want i do not care .
DERSPIELER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2021, 12:45 PM   #1204
uhren917
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
uhren917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2021, 12:48 PM   #1205
sparksgmt
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
I could see both sides, kind of. But Anthony's lawyer from the local news interview, Chris Lewis, sealed the deal. Directly from the lawyers website:

"DALLAS DEFENSE & INJURY LAWYERS
We've got your back
If you've been charged with a crime or injured by someone else, our team can help protect your future."

That seems too deep for this to be a PR stunt.
sparksgmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2021, 12:49 PM   #1206
DERSPIELER
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhren917 View Post
Why not ask der Anthony oder Marco yourself (aka der Spieler, aka the Player in English ), this might be one of their personalities.
First der spieler is german not english and i am french/ german ( it shows with my broken english :)).

The only think may me think it is maybe not a scam is the fact that the last second of the video shows antony leaving like a sopa opera to be continued.
If they decided to put that on line it was for a reason otherwise they shpuld have not finidh on that.
Other than that i agree that this story is completely crazy and weird but entertaining at least .
DERSPIELER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2021, 12:50 PM   #1207
dwjez14
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: All of them
Here is something also. If they shut down to move to a new store I do not see how it would be possible to do this in such a short time and do a big reveal.

They talked of a big luxurious showroom with fish tanks floating stairs etc. being a fish tank guy and construction guy I was like wth. 50-100k for custom
Built tank maybe more. Floating stair couple hundred k.
Plus the build time of a space of that magnitude could take a year or more not 90 days. It would be impossible.

So with that being said I do not believe the big reveal they are singing is a new store. I do not believe that they would settle because Anthony has that conquer the world mentality. They promised the 2000.00 investors a big fancy store not a quick move.

They probably couldn’t even get a Certificate of occupancy from the city of Dallas this short notice holiday weekend also.

These are taking weeks to get and that is if everything is green tagged. So they had no reason for this shut down to be for a store. Move into a store and then do a huge remodel. Anthony was talking about signing a 10 year lease which I kind of thought was crazy.

Maybe they found an old jewelry store to move into ? But no reason to go dark and stop selling watches, lose money and have the reason to go dark a huge let down.

So I think they are either changing name or trying to think of a way to get out of the mess or revamping there whole system to streamline the process.

If I sent them a watch on consignment and saw the videos where they were trying to figure out who a watch was from I would crap. Ha.

I really can’t wait to see what the big let down is or if they are shutting down and maybe going solo

I do find it crazy they have managed to keep Darby , mike , Dylan , alfred and any other insiders quite. It’s really crazy.

We know for now these guys are in town and have been seen around town. It’s hard to miss the r8 or the Cherokee with TPG wrap. My buddy wrapped there cars. He has not been contacted to take the wraps off the cars so couldn’t be a rebrand ????

dwjez14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2021, 12:53 PM   #1208
dwjez14
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

I think they really got into the numbers and said we have to shut this down temporarily we have a problem.

. Do full inventory , check the books and fix this. They probably realized they didn’t have as much cash on hand or got hit with a big bill. Perhaps sales tax bill , investor loan. The way they traveled the last month it’s just burning so much cash. Robbing Peter to pay Paul will catch up eventually.

Old 3 July 2021, 12:58 PM   #1209
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwjez14 View Post
Here is something also. If they shut down to move to a new store I do not see how it would be possible to do this in such a short time and do a big reveal.

They talked of a big luxurious showroom with fish tanks floating stairs etc. being a fish tank guy and construction guy I was like wth. 50-100k for custom
Built tank maybe more. Floating stair couple hundred k.
Plus the build time of a space of that magnitude could take a year or more not 90 days. It would be impossible.

So with that being said I do not believe the big reveal they are singing is a new store. I do not believe that they would settle because Anthony has that conquer the world mentality. They promised the 2000.00 investors a big fancy store not a quick move.

They probably couldn’t even get a Certificate of occupancy from the city of Dallas this short notice holiday weekend also.

These are taking weeks to get and that is if everything is green tagged. So they had no reason for this shut down to be for a store. Move into a store and then do a huge remodel. Anthony was talking about signing a 10 year lease which I kind of thought was crazy.

Maybe they found an old jewelry store to move into ? But no reason to go dark and stop selling watches, lose money and have the reason to go dark a huge let down.

So I think they are either changing name or trying to think of a way to get out of the mess or revamping there whole system to streamline the process.

If I sent them a watch on consignment and saw the videos where they were trying to figure out who a watch was from I would crap. Ha.

I really can’t wait to see what the big let down is or if they are shutting down and maybe going solo

I do find it crazy they have managed to keep Darby , mike , Dylan , alfred and any other insiders quite. It’s really crazy.

We know for now these guys are in town and have been seen around town. It’s hard to miss the r8 or the Cherokee with TPG wrap. My buddy wrapped there cars. He has not been contacted to take the wraps off the cars so couldn’t be a rebrand ????

No chance there is some big, new Disneyland store reveal. Not only because it would take too long, as you've alluded to (unless they've been working on it this whole time and lying in the videos....but more importantly, the content of the process would have been entertaining and they'd definitely include it in their videos.
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2021, 12:59 PM   #1210
dwjez14
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post
No chance there is some big, new Disneyland store reveal. Not only because it would take too long, as you've alluded to (unless they've been working on it this whole time and lying in the videos....but more importantly, the content of the process would have been entertaining and they'd definitely include it in their videos.

You made a great point. They made a video just of Anthony walking the architect around listing all the stuff he wanted
I was like does he want a museum or a watch store ???

Old 3 July 2021, 01:00 PM   #1211
shkure
Banned

Edited - Timepiece Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklesMcgraw View Post
It’s not necessarily a terrible idea. Low rate loan and heavily appreciating pieces. You can get out pretty quick if you see the market faltering and make a profit.
No you cannot get out quickly. Same dealers that sold you at the peak, will claim “the market is soft now”, “i don’t want to stock it”, “have to buy it right” and bid you 30-50% below or not bid you at all. Case in point, Watchfinder bid me CHF 7.5k for my brand new BLRO on April 3rd 2020…

Btw, they will do that even if the market is not soft. Did you hear Marco tell a client in the last episode that the “OP market is soft right now”? Lol the OP market is as strong as ever but these slime balls will say and do anything to squeeze you.

And buying watches on loan/leverage as an investment you are guaranteed to blow up, even before the market takes a real dive.

shkure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2021, 01:05 PM   #1212
AHP22
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I think they really got into the numbers and said we have to shut this down temporarily we have a problem.

. Do full inventory , check the books and fix this. They probably realized they didn’t have as much cash on hand or got hit with a big bill. Perhaps sales tax bill , investor loan. The way they traveled the last month it’s just burning so much cash. Robbing Peter to pay Paul will catch up eventually.

I agree. Now trying to fix, cover debt (raise cash to cover), and come up with a believable story of how this was all part of their brilliant master plan.
AHP22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2021, 01:09 PM   #1213
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
They’re probably in Thailand for a couple weeks working their way through 50 … houseguests.
They’ll surface in another week tan and tired.
I’d be livid if they had my money or a watch and went dark on me.
WIS are not going to be tolerant of this kind of nonsense and we have long memories.
Ultimately good for Govberg, David, etc. Real storefronts, long stable history, etc.
I think the PR stunt angle is a cover for some internal mismanagement as well.
I suppose we will never know the real deal if they come back with business as usual, rebranded or whatever.

十人十色
Dr.Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2021, 01:09 PM   #1214
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shkure View Post
No you cannot get out quickly. Same dealers that sold you at the peak, will claim “the market is soft now”, “i don’t want to stock it”, “have to buy it right” and bid you 30-50% below or not bid you at all.

Btw, they will do that even if the market is not soft. Did you hear Marco tell a client in the last episode that the “OP market is soft right now”? Lol the OP market is as strong as ever but these slime balls will say and do anything to squeeze you.

And buying watches on loan/leverage as an investment you are guaranteed to blow up, even before the market takes a real dive.

it was an OP 34 lol. but yeah, you gotta generally buy right to be able to get out of things easily. if you're buying a daytona at 40k then you're obviously not safe
huncho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2021, 01:19 PM   #1215
priceaction
"TRF" Member

Agree.

The quantity of outsized donations in exactly the same amount is concerning.

Three at exactly 15,000, eight at exactly 10,000.

If one views similar GoFundMe campaigns, even those with notoriety still have greater variation in the donation amounts.

The donations for their campaign seem statistically improbable.

Quote:
Yep I tell you what most concerns me is someone mentioned his friends go fund me. A month ago there was 165k in donations to the go fund me of his sick friend. About 5-20k. 65k in 10,000 and 5,000 anonymous donations. That struck me as very strange. Who would give donations like that to a go fund me in multiple increments like that all a month ago about the same time then every other donation is 10.00 or 15.00. Total donated 195ish with 165 all done one month ago with rips like that. Maybe Anthony and Marco really want there friend to have the surgery but that many donations. Very strange

priceaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2021, 01:20 PM   #1216
Knappo 1307
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Too high, can I get the cliff notes from 4:30 on today????
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2021, 01:23 PM   #1217
47Fountain
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub & Deep sea
Quote:
No you cannot get out quickly. Same dealers that sold you at the peak, will claim “the market is soft now”, “i don’t want to stock it”, “have to buy it right” and bid you 30-50% below or not bid you at all.

When Anthony stated on camera that he borrowed & still owed money on his "collection", I about spit out my bourbon. I stand by my posts over the last cpl of months that Anthony's business knowledge & abilities are non existent. Have you ever met somebody that is too ignorant to know that they are ignorant? I predicted weeks ago that he wasn't long for the "watch" business. He is very impatient & has a very short attention span. He's a hustler & that is what he will always be. Looking for the next "get rich quick scheme".
47Fountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2021, 01:24 PM   #1218
kizerman
Banned

Quote:
No you cannot get out quickly. Same dealers that sold you at the peak, will claim “the market is soft now”, “i don’t want to stock it”, “have to buy it right” and bid you 30-50% below or not bid you at all. Case in point, Watchfinder bid me CHF 7.5k for my brand new BLRO on April 3rd 2020…

This is what I'm saying. They are used car salesman. I laughed at that comment by Marco. He's so freakin condecending it's unreal. "Actually, the OP market is kind of soft right now". What a douchebag.

He was at that that stupid bitcoin conference holding court about what Rolex SA does and does not like, as if he has any insight. And dumb ass people listen like he is an authority on anything but ripping people off.
kizerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2021, 01:27 PM   #1219
shkure
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
it was an OP 34 lol. but yeah, you gotta generally buy right to be able to get out of things easily. if you're buying a daytona at 40k then you're obviously not safe

What you are assuming is that there will always be a bid out there for the piece ”you bought right”. Absolutely not true, especially in the gray market. If there is a real crash, none of these dealers will be willing to buy your piece anywhere near “market price”.

Here is what watchfinder bid me at the hight of the pandemic for my BLRO (April 3rd, 2020):

Old 3 July 2021, 01:31 PM   #1220
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What you are assuming is that there will always be a bid out there for the piece ”you bought right”. Absolutely not true, especially in the gray market. If there is a real crash, none of these dealers will be willing to buy your piece anywhere near “market price”.

Here is what watchfinder bid me at the hight of the pandemic for my BLRO (April 3rd, 2020):

Lmao did it get run over by a truck or something?
Old 3 July 2021, 01:33 PM   #1221
shkure
Banned

Quote:
Lmao did it get run over by a truck or something?

Brand new piece.

Old 3 July 2021, 01:33 PM   #1222
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

you're only referring to crashes, but in crashes everyone is screwed everywhere. do you think you'll get out of your stocks at a good price during a crash? the s&p crashed 30% last year

i'm talking in general senses. like tomorrow someone has an unexpected need for money, they can get out of their watches for minimal losses or gains depending on when they bought

i agree for crashes, no one is safe for any asset during a crash, but watches are absolutely liquid and easy to get out of if you need to in an emergency. covid created a mass panic and people thought every market was gonna crash, that kind of environment is pretty rare. holding any asset for a long period of time is always a risk, there is nothing that is "safe" and especially if you're taking loans out to buy, but these people that were getting flamed for buying daytonas at new all time highs all of 2020 can go and sell it tomorrow for profit if an emergency comes up
huncho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2021, 01:34 PM   #1223
jbc247
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksgmt View Post
I could see both sides, kind of. But Anthony's lawyer from the local news interview, Chris Lewis, sealed the deal. Directly from the lawyers website:

"DALLAS DEFENSE & INJURY LAWYERS
We've got your back
If you've been charged with a crime or injured by someone else, our team can help protect your future."

That seems too deep for this to be a PR stunt.

Just because the lawyer markets for those practice areas doesn’t mean they aren’t competent in other areas. Heck, they may not be competent in any areas. The TV interview didn’t help him
jbc247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2021, 01:36 PM   #1224
Jonah10
"TRF" Member

I use to sell lightbulbs online, I had an inventory management system that I downloaded for $20. Just saying…… how these guys lose a watch and don’t know who’s sending them watches is hilarious. Using an excel spreadsheet for inventory like come on bro! I could of plugged in how many Twinkie’s I had left in my pantry into my inventory system

Jonah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2021, 01:37 PM   #1225
hundreds
"TRF" Member

they just posted this on youtube that is launching on July 6th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxW6YYlK9AQ
hundreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2021, 01:37 PM   #1226
priceaction
"TRF" Member

The Big Reveal?

Oh, I guess we will find out July 6th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxW6YYlK9AQ

priceaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2021, 01:41 PM   #1227
shkure
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizerman View Post
This is what I'm saying. They are used car salesman. I laughed at that comment by Marco. He's so freakin condecending it's unreal. "Actually, the OP market is kind of soft right now". What a douchebag.

He was at that that stupid bitcoin conference holding court about what Rolex SA does and does not like, as if he has any insight. And dumb ass people listen like he is an authority on anything but ripping people off.

There is another episode where he bragged about ripping a client off on 2 watches and he was so excited about it too. I would never do business with this slimeball.

Even watch Eric, who is largely respected in the circles, was making some dumb excuse to a client as he was squeezing him on a Patek 5990. “Patek collectors dont want a watch without box and papers” bla bla bla and then goes and bids the guy 30% below market value.

A lot of these things are being covered up because the market is super strong. But once enough people start loosing enough money, then you will see who these dealers truly are.

Old 3 July 2021, 01:49 PM   #1228
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
There is another episode where he bragged about ripping a client off on 2 watches and he was so excited about it too. I would never do business with this slimeball.

Even watch Eric, who is largely respected in the circles, was making some dumb excuse to a client as he was squeezing him on a Patek 5990. “Patek collectors dont want a watch without box and papers” bla bla bla and then goes and bids the guy 30% below market value.

A lot of these things are being covered up because the market is super strong. But once enough people start loosing enough money, then you will see who these dealers truly are.

I think Eric in that video was comparing full box/papers to naked like the one he ended up buying without any of that.
Old 3 July 2021, 01:54 PM   #1229
Stand To
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman37 View Post
How does Marco afford a Richard Mille two Daytona’s etc etc how much are they paying themselves and their employees. Their collections are insane.
He can't, they aren't and you'd have to be to believe any of the exposition.

Nobody with the resources is paying these used car salesman a premium for third hand wristwatches. The actual business is building hype on consignment pieces shuffled between a network of dealers. Very few of those big transaction in the show are genuine.

A one room office, small youtube channel and exposure for local businesses. In total less financially successful than the average youtube car review channel.
Stand To is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2021, 01:55 PM   #1230
shkure
Banned

Quote:
I think Eric in that video was comparing full box/papers to naked like the one he ended up buying without any of that.

No, he was making it sound like somehow Patek collectors want watches with box and papers only. Was implying that a naked Patek is worth way less than a full set Patek compared to say to a naked Rolex vs a full set Rolex.

I dont know how people didnt notice this but its a super weak excuse to lowball the guy just because his watch is naked. We know box and papers are not worth as much as he is making them to be.