The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 26 June 2012, 03:04 AM   #61
jok
"TRF" Member

Beautiful watches guys. I have always loved the look of this watch. Just curious about how the chronograph works on a single sub dial. How long and in what increments can you time? Also does the watch have a second hand for regular time (sec, min, hours)? If yes, can it be hacked to set the exact time?
jok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2012, 05:43 AM   #62
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jok View Post
Beautiful watches guys. I have always loved the look of this watch. Just curious about how the chronograph works on a single sub dial. How long and in what increments can you time? Also does the watch have a second hand for regular time (sec, min, hours)? If yes, can it be hacked to set the exact time?
Look at Chrono and you will see it has a 30 min, 60 min and 12 hour and no second hand. Can run Chrono if you want second hand and many do that. Pateks don't hack by the way but when I want exact time on my Patek - which is always- I delicately turn crown counter clockwise and it stops second hand.

PS. Also day/night indicator at bottom.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2012, 07:33 AM   #63
jok
"TRF" Member

Thank you for the reply.

So the red hand is for the 30 min and the blue is for the 60 min? Does one hand change to the hours at some point?

If you used the chronograph second hand for seconds would it wear out or damage the watch to run the chronograph all the time? Is there any guidance in the manual about running the chronograph indefinitely?

No Patek model hacks? How do you set exact time with no second hand? Do you line up minute hand the best you can and then turn crown counter clockwise to stop time until atomic clock seconds reach zero?

Is that little white circle the day/night indicator?

Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to learn more about the watch.

Ps: congratulations, I noticed you just got one too.

Does anyone have this watch in both platinum and rose gold that could post a side by side picture and tell what they like about both?
jok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2012, 09:53 AM   #64
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jok View Post
Thank you for the reply.

So the red hand is for the 30 min and the blue is for the 60 min? Does one hand change to the hours at some point?

If you used the chronograph second hand for seconds would it wear out or damage the watch to run the chronograph all the time? Is there any guidance in the manual about running the chronograph indefinitely?

No Patek model hacks? How do you set exact time with no second hand? Do you line up minute hand the best you can and then turn crown counter clockwise to stop time until atomic clock seconds reach zero?

Is that little white circle the day/night indicator?

Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to learn more about the watch.

Ps: congratulations, I noticed you just got one too.

Does anyone have this watch in both platinum and rose gold that could post a side by side picture and tell what they like about both?
Open up the video on YouTube: First one in link below.

http://www.google.com/search?q=patek...&client=safari

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2018, 12:08 PM   #65
tchaic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tag Heuer 2000
Funny reading this old post. 5960P values didn’t fare well last six years but what a great watch. I’m going on record the next six years will be much better. Especially if you wear and love your 5960P.
tchaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2021, 09:31 PM   #66
rolexstella
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP15202
Interesting posts. Problem with this watch just that it is an annual calendar while the perpetual calendars are trading cheaper. It will never be able to exceed them even though it is an exceptional dial.
rolexstella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2021, 03:48 AM   #67
motiontimers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelingTheBlues View Post
Well in this case I'd like to reassure you and tell you I strongly doubt it will ever lose its value (unless you smash it all around, that is...).
motiontimers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2023, 07:48 AM   #68
Grisha40299
"TRF" Member

Saw some beautiful pics of 5960P in blue dial. Wanted to get thoughts and opinions of actual owners on the watch overall and any feedback. Does not seem to be a very popular model but love the looks from pictures
Grisha40299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2023, 11:00 AM   #69
bobernet
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS, AP, PP, Rolex
I don’t think it’s true that it is unpopular. The lack of massive price appreciation doesn’t equate to a poorly received watch. It was probably overpriced at MSRP, but dollars aside it’s great. Good size, good functionality, auto movement for those who don’t want to wind, and a good variety of dial and metal colors to choose.

I almost bought one a few times, but ended up going PCC instead of ACC.
bobernet is offline   Reply With Quote