The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 12 May 2021, 10:18 PM   #1
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
New 6119r, thoughts?

My AD lost their Rolex franchise and along with it my name on an incoming desirable Rolex I’ve waited for years for. My SA has offered me an incoming Calatrava “Clous De Paris” 6119r. I’m new to Patek but have admired them for years. Love to know what you guys here think of this new model?
Old 12 May 2021, 10:23 PM   #2
UmichNJ
"TRF" Member

I love mine.
UmichNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2021, 10:28 PM   #3
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyk View Post
My AD lost their Rolex franchise and along with it my name on an incoming desirable Rolex I’ve waited for years for. My SA has offered me an incoming Calatrava “Clous De Paris” 6119r. I’m new to Patek but have admired them for years. Love to know what you guys here think of this new model?
Do you want to rebuild a relationship with another AD that sells Rolex too? This may be a good piece to start with.
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2021, 10:47 PM   #4
JodyHighroller
Banned

It’s a lovely watch and a Calatrava is a staple when it comes to Patek, but it’s no yellow green Daytona that you wanted.

Imo, forget this AD as they screwed you over mate. Use this potential next purchase to develop purchase history at another AD who sells Rolex & Patek.
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2021, 11:19 PM   #5
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMHM View Post
Do you want to rebuild a relationship with another AD that sells Rolex too? This may be a good piece to start with.
+1

This Calatrava is good looking timepiece but not hard to obtain. If they are very nice to you, they should have offered you with Nautilus or Aquanault.

If you still want to acquire YG Daytona with Green dial from AD, it might better to try the new AD that have both Rolex and Patek. This Calatrava might be a good piece to start a new relationship with them.
Rolex: 116621, 126333, 126711CHNR, 114060, 116500LN White, 126660 JC, 126710BLNR, 126710BLRO, 116610LV, 126610LN, 126610LV, 116508 YG Green Dial, 124300 Turquoise, 126719BLRO Meteorite dial, 228235 Olive dial ,126755SARU, 116505 RG Black dial, 326934 Blue Sky D.
Audemars Piguet: 15451ST Blue, 15500OR w/Bracelet, 14790SA, 14790BA, 26022BC(Salmon) Patek Philippe: 5524R, 5712G, ALS: Time Zone 136.032, Cartier: WGSA0030, WSSA0061, YG Oct. 2965, Breguet: 7137BA, MontBlanc: 109996"
, Seiko: SRPA21,
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2021, 11:51 PM   #6
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzsiam View Post
+1

This Calatrava is good looking timepiece but not hard to obtain. If they are very nice to you, they should have offered you with Nautilus or Aquanault.

If you still want to acquire YG Daytona with Green dial from AD, it might better to try the new AD that have both Rolex and Patek. This Calatrava might be a good piece to start a new relationship with them.
I agree with you. One nanosecond after its intro, I inquired about the new YG green dial Nautilus and once again, they kind of laughed at my ability to even be considered for such a watch. I think the advice I will take is to never spend another dime with these folks. Thank you!
Old 13 May 2021, 12:08 AM   #7
KBM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmichNJ View Post
I love mine.
Great looking piece, enjoy!

OP, it does make more sense to get the calatrava, if you really want it, from a new AD and start from there.
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 04:47 AM   #8
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBM View Post
Great looking piece, enjoy!

OP, it does make more sense to get the calatrava, if you really want it, from a new AD and start from there.
If I get it, I'm totally going to do that...
Old 13 May 2021, 05:02 AM   #9
KBM

Quote:
If I get it, I'm totally going to do that...
In that case, it's a gorgeous new reference with a beautiful new caliber, I say go for it!!
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 12:48 PM   #10
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBM View Post
In that case, it's a gorgeous new reference with a beautiful new caliber, I say go for it!!
Thank you!
Old 13 May 2021, 02:38 PM   #11
77T

Quote:

Quote:
I agree with you. One nanosecond after its intro, I inquired about the new YG green dial Nautilus and once again, they kind of laughed at my ability to even be considered for such a watch. I think the advice I will take is to never spend another dime with these folks. Thank you!

I think it’s apples and oranges.

Whatever Rolex list you were on was likely stacked against you because the Patek whales who also wanted that Rolex model were going to keep bumping you down. When the Nautilus request was shot down, that was a signal where you stood with them.

As for the Calatrava, it is a direction worth exploring. After giving up on the Rolex I had waited for, I switched up and got one, albeit pre-owned.

Be prepared for extremely long waits down the road for a simple overhaul or a new OEM strap…

But I love mine for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 04:14 PM   #12
thatssosick
"TRF" Member

I think it's an amazing watch with an impressive new movement. This is what Patek is about and I'm glad to see them paying attention to the core collection.

This is a great first Patek to get.
thatssosick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 09:49 PM   #13
JMac6
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I really like the 6119. One of my favorite new Patek references in years. And certainly my favorite "entry level" Patek.

The only thing I'd say is: I seriously, seriously doubt that this will be a difficult reference to get your hands on. Accordingly, if you want to get a particular Rolex down the road, I would start a relationship with another AD, and buy this Patek there.
JMac6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 10:03 PM   #14
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Just buy it
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 10:03 PM   #15
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

I completely agree. I’ve been on a disappointing ride waiting for the Daytona I’ve wanted for a few years now so if I can get this, I’ll do it! Thanks for all the good advice here...
Old 13 May 2021, 10:22 PM   #16
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
waiting for ADs — That’s the silliest thing I’ve ever heard. Pay a few extra bucks and get with a great grey and enjoy the watch rather than waiting around for the call that never comes. And if the call does come, it’s because you bought some lame piece first to develop ‘rapport’. In which case you’ve already paid the grey price for the piece you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 10:29 PM   #17
Lemieux66
"TRF" Member

Watch: $10 Casio
The combination of the lug shapes, hobnail bezel, pointed hands and faceted hour markers just doesn’t gel. It looks like an amalgamation of styles from different decades all forced together. Not a fan.
Lemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 10:33 PM   #18
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemieux66 View Post
The combination of the lug shapes, hobnail bezel, pointed hands and faceted hour markers just doesn’t gel. It looks like an amalgamation of styles from different decades all forced together. Not a fan.
Detailed review
Im going out on a lim and saying its going to be an all time hit - a timeless classic
My understanding its already starting to go on lists from ADs ive spoke too.
One to wear, enjoy and if it does appreciate in value over time absolute winner
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 10:42 PM   #19
UmichNJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGMT View Post
waiting for ADs — That’s the silliest thing I’ve ever heard. Pay a few extra bucks and get with a great grey and enjoy the watch rather than waiting around for the call that never comes. And if the call does come, it’s because you bought some lame piece first to develop ‘rapport’. In which case you’ve already paid the grey price for the piece you want.

I respectfully disagree. I’ve built great relationships with my two ADs. There are times when I have to be patient (my 5711 w/Tiffany stamp took 4 years), but the loyalty has paid off in having fairly prompt access to most steel Rolex releases. Still waiting for a gemset Rolex, and I’m ok with that.
Old 15 May 2021, 07:49 PM   #20
Robine
Banned

Undecided when it comes to RG - I think the cold dial clashes with the warmth of the case.

The WG is great - a bit like 5325G, like a hommage. "Ice cold", like covered in rime ice.
Robine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2021, 09:42 PM   #21
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

New 6119r, thoughts?

Quote:
I respectfully disagree. I’ve built great relationships with my two ADs. There are times when I have to be patient (my 5711 w/Tiffany stamp took 4 years), but the loyalty has paid off in having fairly prompt access to most steel Rolex releases. Still waiting for a gemset Rolex, and I’m ok with that.

Could you not get that beautiful 6119R with a Tiffany dial?
rockdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2021, 10:49 PM   #22
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
A beautiful PP watch.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2021, 10:50 PM   #23
UmichNJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdrock View Post
Could you not get that beautiful 6119R with a Tiffany dial?

Definitely could have, but I like to support both of my ADs. I have my eye on something else from Tiffany.

Old 16 May 2021, 01:35 AM   #24
leisen
"TRF" Member

Quote:
+1. Absolutely.
leisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2021, 02:18 AM   #25
CountryBoy
"TRF" Member

Watch: sun, moon, heehaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
I think it’s apples and oranges.

Whatever Rolex list you were on was likely stacked against you because the Patek whales who also wanted that Rolex model were going to keep bumping you down. When the Nautilus request was shot down, that was a signal where you stood with them.

As for the Calatrava, it is a direction worth exploring. After giving up on the Rolex I had waited for, I switched up and got one, albeit pre-owned.

Be prepared for extremely long waits down the road for a simple overhaul or a new OEM strap…

But I love mine for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
This watch is a beauty. Wear it with a nice baby cashmere or Kiton shirt.
CountryBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2021, 02:03 PM   #26
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I love mine.
Amazing piece. I’m really digging the time only.

Any other insights on this piece? How’s the hobnail bezel? Btw what’s your wrist size?
Rollieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2021, 05:46 PM   #27
AperolSpritz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzsiam View Post
+1

^^^^^^^^^^ This - fully agree ^^^^^^^^^^
AperolSpritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2021, 05:56 PM   #28
ts3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Exactly this.
ts3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2021, 06:40 PM   #29
azizu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 3700/11AJ
Quote:
I completely agree. I’ve been on a disappointing ride waiting for the Daytona I’ve wanted for a few years now so if I can get this, I’ll do it! Thanks for all the good advice here...

The Daytona is not an easy piece to get, my official Rolex authorized AD sells the Daytona at more than 50% markup and they let him get away with it.
I agree with what a lot of folks suggested, take your fresh business to a new AD and start a new relationship. You will need that relationship for Patek pieces way more than Rolex pieces.
Let’s be honest, the Patek pieces are a lot more difficult to get. And the lists are ruthless
Where I live, the Daytona at the AD is selling at around 25% below the price of Vacheron Constantin overseas chronograph. Do you think I’ll pay that much money on Daytona from AD knowing that I could get a hand finished, three options bracelet/strap monster from VC for just 25% above my Rolex AD prices?

Old 18 May 2021, 12:14 AM   #30
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

I know the Pateks are even more difficult to get the ones I would like. Cruel world :)