The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 30 January 2021, 12:08 AM   #31
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by interestedwatcher View Post
I enjoy his videos, he has charisma. Was interesting watching a potential business partner trying to make a deal with him - I got bad vibes from the potential partner.
Likewise. Anthony seems like a good dude and business partner.

His partner Marco on the other hand, not so sure. I can’t put my finger on it...
Old 30 January 2021, 04:08 AM   #32
asloper6001
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
Likewise. Anthony seems like a good dude and business partner.

His partner Marco on the other hand, not so sure. I can’t put my finger on it...

Marco needs to hit the gym with Anthony. It's a highly stressful job and you can see the complete difference it takes on someone who is not keeping their mind fresh with gym juice. imo
Old 30 January 2021, 04:36 AM   #33
jefe1999
"TRF" Member

Let's do a little math here: If he aspires to do $35MM in one year, at an average value per watch of, say, $15,000, he'd have to sell 2300 watches this year. Given that there are about 250 business days in a year, he has to sell 9 watches per day, as well as buying the same quantity. That's 18 transactions per day.

At a profit of, say $1500 per unit, that's $3.5MM per year gross profit. Nice, but very doubtful.

However, I think there's something wrong here. I doubt that he can do 18 transactions per day. Maybe the average sale is much more, I don't know.

Looks like an interesting way to make a good living.

If he's really making that much money. he shouldn't have to delay payment to those selling to him, it seems to me.
Old 30 January 2021, 04:42 AM   #34
JodyHighroller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefe1999 View Post
Let's do a little math here: If he aspires to do $35MM in one year, at an average value per watch of, say, $15,000, he'd have to sell 2300 watches this year. Given that there are about 250 business days in a year, he has to sell 9 watches per day, as well as buying the same quantity. That's 18 transactions per day.

At a profit of, say $1500 per unit, that's $3.5MM per year gross profit. Nice, but very doubtful.

However, I think there's something wrong here. I doubt that he can do 18 transactions per day. Maybe the average sale is much more, I don't know.

If he's really making that much money. he shouldn't have to delay payment to those selling to him, it seems to me.
I also wonder what his overhead costs are with the various employees, rent, etc. A leased space in the crescent building in uptown is not cheap.
Old 30 January 2021, 07:06 AM   #35
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodyHighroller View Post
I also wonder what his overhead costs are with the various employees, rent, etc. A leased space in the crescent building in uptown is not cheap.
I am glad you guys brought this up because I was also wondering. Remember the scene where he told a customer he had to “hang on” to his money (or something like that) for three days? Really makes me wonder if this is a knife-edge business, he has one foot in the bank and one foot in the grave. Can anyone shed light on the whole financials of this?
Old 30 January 2021, 07:35 AM   #36
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
I am glad you guys brought this up because I was also wondering. Remember the scene where he told a customer he had to “hang on” to his money (or something like that) for three days? Really makes me wonder if this is a knife-edge business, he has one foot in the bank and one foot in the grave. Can anyone shed light on the whole financials of this?
Apparently the person in the videos is a member. Perhaps they can shed light, along with some pizza.
Old 30 January 2021, 07:40 AM   #37
Knappo 1307
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
I find the videos interesting, and pretty cool. However I hope this guy has some security around, flashing stacks of cash and expensive watches around on Social media, especially when everyone knows where you're at, are not safe things to do IMO.
He actually started a thread maybe a year ago I believe in the general section, called "Ask dealer any question" it was up for awhile, but then taken down.
Old 30 January 2021, 08:09 AM   #38
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:

I think they can, but you have to factor in the wholesale part of the business. That is where the volume is, but it's not where the margin is.

Few other points. He clearly needs an investor or needs to put in more working capital. He is playing with fire.

I liked the videos because I like understanding all types of different businesses, and while it would be nice for everyone to have passion for watches, the reality is that it would probably be a hinderance to being good at actually running the business. I am sure there is a happy medium but too much passion is the kiss of death.
Old 30 January 2021, 08:13 AM   #39
asloper6001
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
I think they can, but you have to factor in the wholesale part of the business. That is where the volume is, but it's not where the margin is.

Few other points. He clearly needs an investor or needs to put in more working capital. He is playing with fire.

I liked the videos because I like understanding all types of different businesses, and while it would be nice for everyone to have passion for watches, the reality is that it would probably be a hinderance to being good at actually running the business. I am sure there is a happy medium but too much passion is the kiss of death.
This would definitely be me. Wouldn't get rid of anything and take a hit just to get something I wanted personally. That chocolate skydweller and tiffany dials would never leave...
Old 30 January 2021, 08:29 AM   #40
77T

My impressions were a personable guy with limited org & planning tools (whiteboard isn’t my idea how one does pipeline and metrics tracking). Undercapitalized and no inventory tracking tools (missing inventory).

That was from watching one video - I have no further insight on his biz.

He has 5 stars and an “A” rating in BBB website. Zero complaints.

Unrealized potential methinks - I have had friends who achieved and then soared above his goal this year. But they have CRM down to an science.

I wish him success - gaining some operational effectiveness would be a step in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 30 January 2021, 09:18 AM   #41
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
My impressions were a personable guy with limited org & planning tools (whiteboard isn’t my idea how one does pipeline and metrics tracking). Undercapitalized and no inventory tracking tools (missing inventory).

That was from watching one video - I have no further insight on his biz.

He has 5 stars and an “A” rating in BBB website. Zero complaints.

Unrealized potential methinks - I have had friends who achieved and then soared above his goal this year. But they have CRM down to an science.

I wish him success - gaining some operational effectiveness would be a step in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree. Very personable and does seem trustworthy, which is crucial in this industry.

I think he really needs to improve his e-commerce platform to allow for direct online purchasing. It’s very hard to run a $35m business on a “call” basis off a couple dudes with cell phones. It will change your personality into a neurotic frazzler in no time...along with make mistakes that will cost money...potentially big money.

The “call” dealers have call centers to man office phones. It’s tough to give up the personal touch...and he can keep some of his early or big customers in his direct orbit, but the new business needs to funnel through the website.

In other words...spend less time in the business and more time on the business.
Old 30 January 2021, 11:20 AM   #42
kearez
"TRF" Member

After watching his first video, I pointed out he needs an ops guy to run the day to day. Get rid of the whiteboard, better inventory system. Move more to online and email. Answering that many calls a day will burn you out in no time.
Old 30 January 2021, 11:24 AM   #43
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Apparently the person in the videos is a member. Perhaps they can shed light, along with some pizza.
I like Tacos
Old 30 January 2021, 11:28 AM   #44
Andad

Watch: A few.
Scanned through the video.

The numbers don’t add up.

Old 30 January 2021, 12:01 PM   #45
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
Entertaining, however when I hear words like tracking, KPI, projections, goals, team, I am outta here, doesn't need to be that hard.

IMO hard way to make a dollar, he put himself out there for our entertainment, good luck to him.

Stealth is wealth.

Never argue with a fool, as eventually it will be difficult to tell the difference.
Old 30 January 2021, 12:34 PM   #46
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondoggy View Post
Entertaining, however when I hear words like tracking, KPI, projections, goals, team, I am outta here, doesn't need to be that hard.

IMO hard way to make a dollar, he put himself out there for our entertainment, good luck to him.

Stealth is wealth.
this isn't just for entertainment. he's blowing up because of the exposure this is giving. to us on here it's entertainment and gives us an inside look into something we already know the basics of, to the rest of the world this isn't even a thing. this shows up on their feed and they get lured in and then who do you think they're gonna call once they want to buy a watch?

they might be lacking in some areas of the business but he's mastered the most important part which is social media. from here on out it'll only get easier for him, the hardest part is already behind him, they just gotta figure out how to manage all the exposure
Old 30 January 2021, 12:35 PM   #47
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
this isn't just for entertainment. he's blowing up because of the exposure this is giving. to us on here it's entertainment and gives us an inside look into something we already know the basics of, to the rest of the world this isn't even a thing. this shows up on their feed and they get lured in and then who do you think they're gonna call once they want to buy a watch?

Bingo. It’s a great idea and marketing tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 30 January 2021, 12:42 PM   #48
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
Point taken

Quote:

they might be lacking in some areas of the business but he's mastered the most important part which is social media. from here on out it'll only get easier for him, the hardest part is already behind him, they just gotta figure out how to manage all the exposure
I hate social media. He wins.

Never argue with a fool, as eventually it will be difficult to tell the difference.
Old 30 January 2021, 02:18 PM   #49
Atone
"TRF" Member

Watch: TinTin!
Seems like a cool guy. The numbers didn’t make sense like many have mentioned.
Old 30 January 2021, 05:38 PM   #50
hutch300
2024 Pledge Member

I love his new day in the life series. I know they are long but it's a week of filming. I like the length and content. I hope he doesn't take on investors and just improves his website like mentioned above for e-commerce.
Old 30 January 2021, 05:55 PM   #51
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:

These are good points...I've changed my mind a bit about their e-commerce situation...

Ultimately this could become way more about selling watches, than actually simply selling the watches. More money to be made in providing media content than selling low margin watches...

That's probably why they still have so much "CALL" and "F2F" sales activity. It provides much more interesting content than watching someone simply look at a computer screen processing orders, packing them into a box and having FED EX pick them up.

There is this Youtube channel from a dude in Scotland who trims cows hoofs professionally. They have half a million subscribers. I have no idea why I watch it, but I do...lol

The production quality of his videos is great. I bet he makes MORE from his monetized videos than he does from ACTUALLY trimming hoofs...but he gets paid for both. Just make a show about their interesting business that people find entertaining. Tons of examples of this...PAWN STARS being another one. WAY more money from their TV show than running a pawn shop...with social media platforms and high quality, easily obtainable video equipment it's soooo easy to broadcast great content. Doesn't need to be Speilberg high cinema...just good enough for people to become engaged...
Old 30 January 2021, 10:05 PM   #52
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
I’ve since watched a few more of his videos and enjoyed hearing a bit more about his life and how he got to where he is.

From incarceration to realizing his dreams in the watch world.

I hope he surrounds himself with good people and I truly wish him the best
Old 30 January 2021, 11:06 PM   #53
rodo
"TRF" Member

Thank you, that was a great video
Old 31 January 2021, 02:50 AM   #54
walds11
"TRF" Member

According to Anthony’s Instagram story, he decided to sell his personal collection. He has quite an extensive collection with a lot of PM pieces. Hmm, maybe he needs to raise cash...?
Old 31 January 2021, 06:52 AM   #55
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Pizza!
Old 31 January 2021, 07:50 AM   #56
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
i watch them but just a little too long. he should cut them down to no more than 20 minutes. youtube viewership would increase.

I actually disagree. The length is one of the things that separates him from others. It works. Similar to how Joe Rohan’s extremely long podcast works too.

If everyone did these lengths then I may agree.

Old 31 January 2021, 07:56 AM   #57
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
According to Anthony’s Instagram story, he decided to sell his personal collection. He has quite an extensive collection with a lot of PM pieces. Hmm, maybe he needs to raise cash...?

I found that interesting too. Especially since he has mentioned previously in videos his collection was part of his retirement plan. No comment on the wisdom there just pointing out something changed.

He either thinks this is the top of the market or he needs capital. Or something else...lol

Old 31 January 2021, 08:20 AM   #58
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb335 View Post
I found that interesting too. Especially since he has mentioned previously in videos his collection was part of his retirement plan. No comment on the wisdom there just pointing out something changed.

He either thinks this is the top of the market or he needs capital. Or something else...lol

Market top! Actually it may just be that after handling so many watches he has come to realize that they are just watches and tying up ridiculous amounts of cash when you can only wear one at a time is silly? Just guessing here of course.
Old 31 January 2021, 10:16 AM   #59
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
A dealers collection is always for sale for the right price.

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 31 January 2021, 12:34 PM   #60
Polarexplorerii
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570,BLNR,116610
I like the channel, gives us a lot of insight of the day to day grind
Closed Thread