The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 16 May 2021, 05:35 AM   #571
Ricky Rolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Spot on. Wouldn’t give them a penny piece.

Anyone that donates 2 grand to multi millionaires in the hope they can give them more of their hard earned money needs their heads testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

♛GMT II Coke 16710♛ ♛DateJust 16030♛ ♛Explorer 214270 mk2♛ Submariner 116610LN♛ 126711CHNR ♛
Old 16 May 2021, 05:53 AM   #572
Mmf115
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570 Polar
I enjoyed their content at first but it has gotten stale to me as the channel has begun to really focus on lavish activities and lifestyle. Just don’t have any interest in that stuff but I’m also not their target demo. Would never donate to their cause but I do respect the hustle and bold ideas they have. Going to be really interesting to see where they are a year or two from now.
Old 16 May 2021, 05:55 AM   #573
zengineer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheWatchGuy View Post
The whole thing is in poor taste IMO. What do you all think about it? Am I being too critical?..
Are there social media reality shows that aren't in poor taste??? But the whole business of being famous for being famous is hard for me to grasp. I also think they will get the $2 million (or say they did) in a matter of weeks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 16 May 2021, 06:03 AM   #574
47Fountain
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub & Deep sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Just cannot understand why the need to bring such topics in the Rolex/Tudor watch only forum. Stuff like this belongs on the so called sociel media sites and not on TRF.
I lol'd.
Old 16 May 2021, 06:07 AM   #575
ganiccus
Banned

Watch: Exp II
Just watch David Khalil lastest video on selling your watch through consignment and how it can potentially become a disaster for the seller. I could not stop thinking about the TPG business model relying more and more on consignment because they just don't have the cashflow to keep up with how aggressive they want to push their growth and meet their annual sales target.
Old 16 May 2021, 06:16 AM   #576
Ricky Rolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganiccus View Post
Just watch David Khalil lastest video on selling your watch through consignment and how it can potentially become a disaster for the seller. I could not stop thinking about the TPG business model relying more and more on consignment because they just don't have the cashflow to keep up with how aggressive they want to push their growth and meet their annual sales target.

Seems a nice guy but gives awful quotes and the prices in the shop he works for are at least £1-2k over any other grey market prices, possibly due to their no doubt extremely expensive rented central London location.

A friend offered him a 2017 explorer full set about 3 weeks ago and he offered £4,500

He sold privately for almost £3k more.

Ridiculous quote.

♛GMT II Coke 16710♛ ♛DateJust 16030♛ ♛Explorer 214270 mk2♛ Submariner 116610LN♛ 126711CHNR ♛
Old 16 May 2021, 06:29 AM   #577
Starwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Daytona - BLACK
It’s a business not a charity.
Old 16 May 2021, 06:44 AM   #578
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

If we get to continue beating on Jazztime watches for their terrible reviews, we should get to continue laughing at this guy for begging for free money.

Why anyone uses this guy is beyond me.

Old 16 May 2021, 06:53 AM   #579
drrd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Rolex View Post
Seems a nice guy but gives awful quotes and the prices in the shop he works for are at least £1-2k over any other grey market prices, possibly due to their no doubt extremely expensive rented central London location.

A friend offered him a 2017 explorer full set about 3 weeks ago and he offered £4,500

He sold privately for almost £3k more.

Ridiculous quote.

Also 'not-a-dealer-but-knows-a-few' Forpe, 'CPAP' Federico etc.

Dealers are dealers. They're not the people to go to for unbiased advice. Or to watch for entertainment.
Old 16 May 2021, 07:00 AM   #580
Edfrozen
"TRF" Member

The guy is a creep

I don't know how anybody can like this guy. His whole approach is to make himself semi famous on social media and get rich quick. He might as well be selling drugs. What makes matters worse is guys like Luxury Bazaar are following his formula. This whole thing stinks to me . I wouldn't give this guy a penny . This Ponzi scheme may get him back to the big house .
Old 16 May 2021, 07:02 AM   #581
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganiccus View Post
I completely agree with him! I said before: consignment is interest-free loan for the watch dealer. It's literally a NEW way of Ponzi scheme - give me your watch and I promise you greater return. In the mean time, the watch dealer gets to take photos of YOUR watch, perhaps even wear it for a few days on his own wrist, all FREE OF CHARGE. And cashflow issue is a BIG RED FLAG sign for any company, especially when one is that new and spending that extravagantly. In a way they sounds like a certain Mr Bernie M?
Old 16 May 2021, 08:25 AM   #582
SpiritSoul
"TRF" Member

Watch: Casio A500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edfrozen View Post
I don't know how anybody can like this guy. His whole approach is to make himself semi famous on social media and get rich quick. He might as well be selling drugs. What makes matters worse is guys like Luxury Bazaar are following his formula. This whole thing stinks to me . I wouldn't give this guy a penny . This Ponzi scheme may get him back to the big house .
All these social media fed Grey Dealers seem to be in cahoots with one another and just turning into a watch cartel.
Old 16 May 2021, 08:27 AM   #583
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:

I would say Roman actually improved on his formula. He doesn’t come off as a snake oil salesman. Roman is already established. Took Anthony’s idea to the next level. I still watch Anthony’s but enjoy Romans more if that makes sense

Old 16 May 2021, 08:34 AM   #584
bb_sub
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Roman seems 1000% more knowledgeable about watches than Anthony.
Old 16 May 2021, 08:35 AM   #585
Madman37
"TRF" Member

Are these the guys that buy the steaks with gold leaf on it? There is one of there more recent staff members who seems very nice.
Old 16 May 2021, 08:37 AM   #586
JodyHighroller
Banned

Anthony is simply a brochure reader and is only into watches because it makes him look wealthy. (He explains in his first video). I didn’t like how in this week’s video he called around asking for a $300k cash advance to pay for what I’m guessing is the new AP black panther they got in. This just screams red flags. Fake it till you make it/thousandaire mindset.

Roman is actually knowledgable and knows the history behind each brand & reference.
Old 16 May 2021, 08:49 AM   #587
vh2k
"TRF" Member

Lots of jealous haters here. The bottom line is... Anthony’s entrepreneurial instincts and ambition are serving him well. He is moving millions of dollars in watches, has big dreams, and possesses the risk-taking spirit and zeal that self-made entrepreneurs have to continually drive their businesses to the next level.

I really don’t care if he knows what a mainspring or balance wheel are.
Old 16 May 2021, 08:53 AM   #588
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_sub View Post
+1000

TPG knows nothing more about watches than what he views on YouTube ....(the vintage guy of the team is more knowledgeable)

His hustle is just making his 10-15% on a product, any product - it just so happens to be watches. more power to him for making a go of it.
Old 16 May 2021, 08:56 AM   #589
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
You started a social media company with low overhead. Step two buy the largest brick and mortar you can afford and yolo your profits into watches and sushi. Winning.

I didn't need to read much further. As usual you have a way of succinctly getting to the heart of the matter.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Old 16 May 2021, 09:24 AM   #590
TTbluesy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_sub View Post

Roman is the man.

Closed Thread