The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 27 February 2021, 11:59 PM   #61
Doc Savage
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Submariner 124060
Quote:
Originally Posted by bremersm View Post
An untested “vaccine” rushed to market. It seems like for some the shot is worse than the virus. Not worth the risk. Much like masks, distancing, etc this will become the new norm because people will blindly follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Q, is that you?

-Edward O. Wilson
Doc Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2021, 12:53 AM   #62
Jim Smyth
Banned

Watch: DD
Quote:
An untested “vaccine” rushed to market. It seems like for some the shot is worse than the virus. Not worth the risk. Much like masks, distancing, etc this will become the new norm because people will blindly follow.

I'm in Florida and a few weeks back there was a mile long line on the side of the road going into a Amazon distribution center to get the jab. So many people blindly following advice for something that isnt proven in any way shape or form. My wife got sick a month ago. Sucked for a week with all the classic Covid symptoms. She called our Doctor and he said you dont even need to come in. He sent a Script to CVS (Z pac and anti bi) and she took it for 5 days and the next week it was over.

I havent gotten sick and take minimal precautions and have stopped wearing a mask last summer. Total BS pushed hard. When the expert Fauchi cant get his facts straight the whole thing stinks to high heaven. No more flu's. No more flu drugs being distributed etc.

Care to see the real scary shit! Check this out.............

https://www.brighteon.com/92693234-5...9-cf81172e84f8

https://media.gab.com/system/media_a...rmd3GZpo_eQ8GI

Were not even into any long term side effects yet either. Hard pass for our family!
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2021, 01:15 AM   #63
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:
nope, none for me thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Smyth View Post
I'm in Florida and a few weeks back there was a mile long line on the side of the road going into a Amazon distribution center to get the jab. So many people blindly following advice for something that isnt proven in any way shape or form. My wife got sick a month ago. Sucked for a week with all the classic Covid symptoms. She called our Doctor and he said you dont even need to come in. He sent a Script to CVS (Z pac and anti bi) and she took it for 5 days and the next week it was over.

I havent gotten sick and take minimal precautions and have stopped wearing a mask last summer. Total BS pushed hard. When the expert Fauchi cant get his facts straight the whole thing stinks to high heaven. No more flu's. No more flu drugs being distributed etc.

Care to see the real scary shit! Check this out.............

https://www.brighteon.com/92693234-5...9-cf81172e84f8

https://media.gab.com/system/media_a...rmd3GZpo_eQ8GI

Were not even into any long term side effects yet either. Hard pass for our family!
There have been some negative impacts; the risk is low and those cases have been documented which is why there is a wait time following the inoculation. I personally am an elderly essential worker who's been risking my life for a year now working in a high risk area. You can choose what you want. (Smoke cigarettes for example.) The science is sound and so are the results, imho. With all vaccines there are potential risks. I know someone who very negatively reacted to a flu shot. I've been taking them for years and I'm not worried. I also recommend driving without a seatbelt, riding a motorcycle in the nude, and skydiving without a parachute as great pastimes for those who aren't risk adverse.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2021, 02:57 AM   #64
TK-710
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
got the Moderna product. here's my review

Pro: immunity to SarsCov2

Con: the evil microchip implanted in my shoulder

That explains the weird call I got after getting my shot.

It was from Bill Gates. He told me I looked tired and should get some rest.
TK-710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2021, 03:05 AM   #65
bremersm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post
There have been some negative impacts; the risk is low and those cases have been documented which is why there is a wait time following the inoculation. I personally am an elderly essential worker who's been risking my life for a year now working in a high risk area. You can choose what you want. (Smoke cigarettes for example.) The science is sound and so are the results, imho. With all vaccines there are potential risks. I know someone who very negatively reacted to a flu shot. I've been taking them for years and I'm not worried. I also recommend driving without a seatbelt, riding a motorcycle in the nude, and skydiving without a parachute as great pastimes for those who aren't risk adverse.
You made a choice to work in this high risk area during this time just like I will make a choice not to get this shot. Why must the choices I make mean less than yours?
bremersm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2021, 04:03 AM   #66
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Quote:
You made a choice to work in this high risk area during this time just like I will make a choice not to get this shot. Why must the choices I make mean less than yours?
Because your choices affect the rest of us. Wanna wear a tin foil hat? Knock yourself out. But when your decisions threaten the health of others, whole different ballgame.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2021, 04:12 AM   #67
absin2
Banned

Even families with multiple health workers at the front of the vaccination line are not yet ready to mingle.
absin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2021, 04:22 AM   #68
jatco
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116233/79190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
Because your choices affect the rest of us. Wanna wear a tin foil hat? Knock yourself out. But when your decisions threaten the health of others, whole different ballgame.
dP
Same with wearing a mask. You wear a seatbelt don't you..??

' A Crown for every achievement '
jatco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2021, 04:26 AM   #69
Brenngun
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
Quote:

Quote:
It's interesting that all the while you complain that your choices are considered by other to mean less than theirs you in fact did this exact thing with your post above. You can argue that this is just your opinion however it's an opinion that by it's very statement implies that people who follow the medical guidelines based on scientific evidence are lemmings blind to the "real" facts.

Your decisions are predicated on this statement "An untested “vaccine” rushed to market. It seems like for some the shot is worse than the virus".

Please enlighten me as to facts this statement is based around. Why do you believe the vaccine was rushed? How long should it take to develop a vaccine? One time in history it would take a couple of days to travel across the Atlantic ocean. Now with the help of science it only takes a few hours. The same can be said for almost any aspect of modern life. Even ones you likely rely on to survive like electricity. They are all a result of scientific discovery and evidence and will all have their detractors of the time.

You have the right to your decision however you should respect the opinion of people who understand and believe in science by not claiming they are "blind" in their decision to get vaccinated.

Brenngun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2021, 04:35 AM   #70
CFR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim smyth View Post
My wife got sick a month ago. Sucked for a week with all the classic covid symptoms. She called our doctor and he said you dont even need to come in. He sent a script to cvs (z pac and anti bi) and she took it for 5 days and the next week it was over.
Glad to hear your wife is okay! Did you or she ask your doc about hydroxychloroquine? I'm genuinely curious if you asked and how the doc responded. [I'm being serious, not trolling. Not sure you'll have time to reply before the thread gets locked.]
CFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2021, 05:11 AM   #71
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFR View Post
Glad to hear your wife is okay! Did you or she ask your doc about hydroxychloroquine? I'm genuinely curious if you asked and how the doc responded. [I'm being serious, not trolling. Not sure you'll have time to reply before the thread gets locked.]
Physician with the best results in my area (5 hospitals ) uses hydroxy chloroquine ,in hospital.
Simple ,if she stops it,patients do worse ,starts it again,they do better .
(May increase the cellular membrane permeability for Zn).
(Note : IN hospital only)

Ivermectin ..have seen some really great results .Myself,my wife and many colleagues .
0.2mg/kg ,therefore 20mg for a 100kg patient,then again after 72 hours and then weekly as prophylaxis.
Treatment : I suggest 0,2mg/kg/day for 5 days .
Very safe drug,very few side effects ,6% may report headache .
TswaneNguni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2021, 12:14 AM   #72
Jim Smyth
Banned

Watch: DD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFR View Post
We have a medical portal on line with our Doctor and it was the weekend when my wife sent her inquiry in to the Dr's office after being sick for a week. They got back to us on Monday of the next week. Our Doctor is a DO and uses many natural cures for things and has the big picture. We like this Doctor a lot. They sent two prescriptions to CVS and we went and picked it up. She never spoke to him directly but I am sure it was his instructions since he's the only Doctor in this office.

So no we didnt ask for hydroxychloroquine specifically. We live in Florida which has a high concentration of old people. So we know we werent the first with these symptoms and wont be the last either. FWIW my wife said the whole episode was like having a mild to medium flu, nothing worse than that. Were both in the 55-65 year old range with no real big health issues going on.
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2021, 02:07 AM   #73
Atone
"TRF" Member

Watch: TinTin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Savage View Post
The day after my 2nd Moderna was a bit rough. Headache, chills, body aches. Day 2 is better, but not quite back to normal.
Same here. Second dose was tough. Most of my staff had similar reactions. My business partner was fine, no reaction whatsoever
Old 1 March 2021, 03:00 AM   #74
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

First Covid Innoculation Received; Anyone Else?

Quote:
Right, my choice is to help keep the infrastructure working that is being used and is essential during the pandemic as opposed to hiding. I guess we all have priorities and make choices. Some don't even have the courage to face a little inconvenience for the sake of others. Your call and your life. You've heard about the idled auto plants; that's because we can't produce fast enough.

Old 1 March 2021, 03:08 AM   #75
mannyv11
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD,Sub,GMT,Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantonebad View Post
You must have JUST turned 65?
Took my grandparents lol but I’m an old spirit :)
mannyv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2021, 03:08 AM   #76
Duey
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Too Many To List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
dP

The facts on the vaccine are very clear and not so much -

1) Clinical trials of the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna vaccines found that both do a good job preventing symptomatic COVID-19 disease, including severe COVID-19. However, the trials did not measure whether a person who is vaccinated is less likely to spread the virus to someone else.

2) Experts say people can still spread and even develop COVID-19 after getting a vaccine. They add the vaccine doesn't prevent coronavirus infection. It helps protect against serious illnesses only for the person vaccinated.

3) Also, while the vaccine may prevent you from getting sick, it is unknown at this time if you can still carry and transmit the virus to others. That is why, until more is understood about how well the vaccine works, continuing with precautions such as mask-wearing and physical distancing will be important.
Duey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2021, 03:10 AM   #77
mannyv11
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD,Sub,GMT,Daytona
Quote:

One of the dumber posts I’ve read on the forum. Sorry to be so harsh but this vaccine has a lot of science and testing behind it.
mannyv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2021, 03:51 AM   #78
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duey View Post
The facts on the vaccine are very clear and not so much -

1) Clinical trials of the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna vaccines found that both do a good job preventing symptomatic COVID-19 disease, including severe COVID-19. However, the trials did not measure whether a person who is vaccinated is less likely to spread the virus to someone else.

2) Experts say people can still spread and even develop COVID-19 after getting a vaccine. They add the vaccine doesn't prevent coronavirus infection. It helps protect against serious illnesses only for the person vaccinated.

3) Also, while the vaccine may prevent you from getting sick, it is unknown at this time if you can still carry and transmit the virus to others. That is why, until more is understood about how well the vaccine works, continuing with precautions such as mask-wearing and physical distancing will be important.
Here's my perspective. The antiviral dose reduces the replication of the virus due to increased immune response. Lowered viral content in the body means lowered viral content in particulates expelled by the body. This means lowered transmission even if there is still a possibility of transmission; the likelihood is lowered as total viral loading is reduced. That's a good thing even if there is still risk. The ability to transmit doesn't have to be zero for the effects to be positive. What's new is the use of mRNA in a serum to increase the bodies responsiveness; it seems to work well.

Old 1 March 2021, 04:20 AM   #79
Duey
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Here's my perspective. The antiviral dose reduces the replication of the virus due to increased immune response. Lowered viral content in the body means lowered viral content in particulates expelled by the body. This means lowered transmission even if there is still a possibility of transmission; the likelihood is lowered as total viral loading is reduced. That's a good thing even if there is still risk. The ability to transmit doesn't have to be zero for the effects to be positive. What's new is the use of mRNA in a serum to increase the bodies responsiveness; it seems to work well.
I just copied the facts from John Hopkins
Old 1 March 2021, 05:08 AM   #80
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I just copied the facts from John Hopkins
But there wasn't a thing mechanistic nor probabilistic mentioned. Facts are one thing what one does with them is another. The efficacy statistics are important. in looking at this, 95% efficacy means 1 in 20 will still contract. I think those are better odds than not taking the shot. We all still need to take a level of care, shots or not.

Old 1 March 2021, 07:01 AM   #81
Duey
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
But there wasn't a thing mechanistic nor probabilistic mentioned. Facts are one thing what one does with them is another. The efficacy statistics are important. in looking at this, 95% efficacy means 1 in 20 will still contract. I think those are better odds than not taking the shot. We all still need to take a level of care, shots or not.
No it doesn't state that at all. That's where most people get confused.

It states that the vaccine doesn't prevent coronavirus infection. It helps protect against serious illnesses in 95% of the people.
That means that 1 in 20 will still have a serious illness from it. It has nothing to do with you contracting it or not. That was not studied at all. That's what they don't know. 100% could still contract it and spread it to others even with the vaccine. And that's why they still say to wear a mask. That's why some people are saying no to getting it.

That said when I get the chance to get the vaccine I will get it .
Old 1 March 2021, 08:00 AM   #82
neophyte88
"TRF" Member

Watch: bluesy, 114060, br
Quote:
Originally Posted by TswaneNguni View Post
Got the Johnson and Johnson 4 days ago ...stuffy nose .That's all .
My wife had it three days ago ,also just a stuffy nose .

3 colleaugues who had Covid around April 2020,also had the vaccine this week and reported much worse symptoms ...fever,body pains etc.

FDA approved J & J for 1 dose only

neophyte88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2021, 09:56 AM   #83
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
I'm very simplistic.

About 120 million people have contracted covid 19, out of those around 2 or 3 million have died.

About 120 million people have been given a vaccine of some sort, I don't know how many have died as a direct result of receiving the vaccine, probably less than 20.

I will, and have taken my chances with the vaccine.

DAVE

daveathall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2021, 10:29 AM   #84
Daryl
2024 Pledge Member

I got both doses. first dose was last december and second dose was Jan 21. second dose reactions were headache and chills , went away after 2 days.

Official Member "Perpetual 30" Las Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Daryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2021, 09:44 PM   #85
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
No it doesn't state that at all. That's where most people get confused.

It states that the vaccine doesn't prevent coronavirus infection. It helps protect against serious illnesses in 95% of the people.
That means that 1 in 20 will still have a serious illness from it. It has nothing to do with you contracting it or not. That was not studied at all. That's what they don't know. 100% could still contract it and spread it to others even with the vaccine. And that's why they still say to wear a mask. That's why some people are saying no to getting it.

That said when I get the chance to get the vaccine I will get it .
OK, rephrasing, 95% of those who would have caught the virus would not due to the antivirus treatment. This is clearer so the reduction is significant. Instead of say 1% of a population contracting Covid, an innoculated population would reduce the disease rate by 95% or 5% of 1% or down from 1% to 0.05%. Thanks for the clarification.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...075-X/fulltext

Old 1 March 2021, 10:18 PM   #86
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
It’s interesting, if you are obese or a smoker, you get priority over someone that actively focuses on staying fit and healthy.

A buddy told me to lie, and say I’m a smoker. I won’t do that. I’m happy to go last. Let the other people that need them, get them.

I stand by my original comments when all this started. Mother Nature is simply doing her best to protect herself. If that means, I meet an early demise, well...that sucks. Buts it’s all part of nature.

I’m good with anyone making the decisions they want about this. It’s all about individual comfort levels. It’s part of being in a society with mutual respect for one another. Oh. Wait...oh never mind.

The biggest problem with our species is our ego. Everyone is simply convinced that they are correct. You do you, I’ll do me.

If you are getting into a fight over this, I say look into your own self. Because you have bigger problems than a vaccine. But you won’t.

(ps., I’m not speaking to any one individual. I mostly skipped over the thread because I knew where this was going to go. But hey, it’s Monday am. Might as well start it fun).

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2021, 07:22 AM   #87
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by neophyte88 View Post
FDA approved J & J for 1 dose only

Yes,the same here .1 dose .

Very practical ,refrigerator and one dose .
TswaneNguni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2021, 12:00 PM   #88
dba
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16710
Trying. Just don't seem to be able to get them where I'm at.
dba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2021, 06:34 AM   #89
Watchflair
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500 116518LN
Received my first shot today at NY Presbyterian - incredibly well organized. Going back on the 26th for number two.
Old 7 March 2021, 05:47 AM   #90
GED
"TRF" Member

Watch: d-d40wg
Received my 2nd Pfizer dose March 4th-yay!