The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 15 March 2021, 09:43 AM   #121
jatco
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116233/79190
Quote:
Originally Posted by crew View Post
I’m in Florida and tomorrow my age group becomes eligible.
We were able to register last week and we are getting our first shot at noon.
Feeling a sense of relief to be moving forward.
good luck with it.

' A Crown for every achievement '
jatco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2021, 10:09 AM   #122
EndlessEight

Watch: Hulk, BLRO
Had dose 1 of Moderna this past week.

Felt a little fatigue about 24 hours later. Hoping I’m one of the no side effects group for dose 2.
EndlessEight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2021, 11:50 AM   #123
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
My second Moderna on Tuesday. Will report symptoms, if any.
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2021, 11:56 AM   #124
GT3 Mike
Banned

Watch: SD43 / BLNR
No thanks. Maybe in a few years if nobody has internal organ damage from it.
GT3 Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2021, 12:47 PM   #125
Boothroyd

Watch: Wilsdorf(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3 Mike View Post
No thanks. Maybe in a few years if nobody has internal organ damage from it.
Of course, that is one's choice to make. Here is text from the Mayo Clinic website on potential organ damage that can be caused by COVID. Happy to take the vaccine, myself, in light of this.

"Organ damage caused by COVID-19

Although COVID-19 is seen as a disease that primarily affects the lungs, it can damage many other organs as well. This organ damage may increase the risk of long-term health problems. Organs that may be affected by COVID-19 include:

Heart. Imaging tests taken months after recovery from COVID-19 have shown lasting damage to the heart muscle, even in people who experienced only mild COVID-19 symptoms. This may increase the risk of heart failure or other heart complications in the future.
Lungs. The type of pneumonia often associated with COVID-19 can cause long-standing damage to the tiny air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs. The resulting scar tissue can lead to long-term breathing problems.
Brain. Even in young people, COVID-19 can cause strokes, seizures and Guillain-Barre syndrome — a condition that causes temporary paralysis. COVID-19 may also increase the risk of developing Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease."
Old 15 March 2021, 01:49 PM   #126
GT3 Mike
Banned

Watch: SD43 / BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothroyd View Post
Of course, that is one's choice to make. Here is text from the Mayo Clinic website on potential organ damage that can be caused by COVID. Happy to take the vaccine, myself, in light of this.

"Organ damage caused by COVID-19

Although COVID-19 is seen as a disease that primarily affects the lungs, it can damage many other organs as well. This organ damage may increase the risk of long-term health problems. Organs that may be affected by COVID-19 include:

Heart. Imaging tests taken months after recovery from COVID-19 have shown lasting damage to the heart muscle, even in people who experienced only mild COVID-19 symptoms. This may increase the risk of heart failure or other heart complications in the future.
Lungs. The type of pneumonia often associated with COVID-19 can cause long-standing damage to the tiny air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs. The resulting scar tissue can lead to long-term breathing problems.
Brain. Even in young people, COVID-19 can cause strokes, seizures and Guillain-Barre syndrome — a condition that causes temporary paralysis. COVID-19 may also increase the risk of developing Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease."
They sure know a lot about a sickness that they didn't know a single thing about a few months ago. I had the virus in December. If I didn't get the mild fever I never would have known I had it.

From the bottom of my heart, I am thankful so many are willing to step up and take it first. :)
GT3 Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2021, 03:11 PM   #127
SunTzu
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513 116234 79280P
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet knight View Post
My second Moderna on Tuesday. Will report symptoms, if any.

Good luck. My mother was sick as a dog for 36 hours or so starting 12 hours after the shot. 103 fever, extreme fatigue, and horrible muscle and joint pain. But it passed. My father had some body aches for 12 hours but nothing serious.

My father had COVID last March and has seemed to have permanently lost his sense of taste and smell. It’s been 12 months. He’s part of a study with a Rhinologist in NYC that received a multi million dollar grant to research this phenomenon. No treatment or medication to date has worked. Crazy thing is that his only symptom was some sinus pressure and feeling like he had a bad cold. He’s totally healthy and exercises but just lost these 2 senses. Lost his enjoyment for his wine collection because he can’t taste it and fine dining was his hobby.

Sent from Crapatalk
Old 15 March 2021, 09:23 PM   #128
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
My wife had her 2nd Moderna on Sat with no side effects. My 2nd is scheduled for Thursday and thrilled to get this done.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2021, 10:33 PM   #129
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
A shame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu View Post
Good luck. My mother was sick as a dog for 36 hours or so starting 12 hours after the shot. 103 fever, extreme fatigue, and horrible muscle and joint pain. But it passed. My father had some body aches for 12 hours but nothing serious.

My father had COVID last March and has seemed to have permanently lost his sense of taste and smell. It’s been 12 months. He’s part of a study with a Rhinologist in NYC that received a multi million dollar grant to research this phenomenon. No treatment or medication to date has worked. Crazy thing is that his only symptom was some sinus pressure and feeling like he had a bad cold. He’s totally healthy and exercises but just lost these 2 senses. Lost his enjoyment for his wine collection because he can’t taste it and fine dining was his hobby.

Sent from Crapatalk
As an oenophile and foodie, I hope for a sudden reversal for your father’s senses. My brother lost his senses of taste and smell from covid. It’s been several months.
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2021, 11:11 PM   #130
mannyv11
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD,Sub,GMT,Daytona
I received my second shot and had nothing serious happen over the 4 or so days since I have received it.

I received the Pfizer shot
mannyv11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2021, 12:05 AM   #131
egri
"TRF" Member

I got the Pfizer vaccine back in January. After the first dose, my arm was sore for about a day, then after the second, my arm was sore and I felt like I got hit by a freight train. I slept like a log that night and no ill effects since.
egri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2021, 12:12 AM   #132
wrxdev
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Omega
Got mine. Pfizer first shot last week. Arm was sore for a day. Have the second in a few weeks.
wrxdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2021, 12:28 AM   #133
jatco

Quote:

Sent from Crapatalk
Heard that often about loss of taste and smell from Covid survivors. Don't know if it's reversible. Good luck with the study/research.

Old 16 March 2021, 01:53 AM   #134
SunTzu
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513 116234 79280P
Quote:
Originally Posted by jatco View Post
Heard that often about loss of taste and smell from Covid survivors. Don't know if it's reversible. Good luck with the study/research.

My cleaning lady’s 4 year old son had Covid and spent 12 days on a ventilator and nearly died. Poor boy was left with hypertension and heart damage and under the care of a pediatric cardiologist who has him on heart medications and doesn’t know if it’ll be permanent or not.

Scary stuff.

Sent from Crapatalk
Old 16 March 2021, 01:55 AM   #135
jatco

Quote:
My cleaning lady’s 4 year old son had Covid and spent 12 days on a ventilator and nearly died. Poor boy was left with hypertension and heart damage and under the care of a pediatric cardiologist who has him on heart medications and doesn’t know if it’ll be permanent or not.

Scary stuff.

Sent from Crapatalk
That is horrible...

Old 16 March 2021, 02:06 AM   #136
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
We got our second Moderna dose last Wednesday (Mar. 10) and reacted with fatigue the next day. But that was it. No serious side effects.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2021, 02:08 AM   #137
CFR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatco View Post
I know it can take a long time. A good friend manages a watch boutique. He got the virus in November. He lost his sense of taste/smell and said it's not yet all back to normal.
CFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2021, 02:14 AM   #138
JakeK
"TRF" Member

Watch: VCO
Quote:
Originally Posted by REQUIEMnJADED4U View Post
Congrats to all those who received it. I'm having a hard time finding appointments available here in NJ.
Walmart has a no-waste waitlist. Worth checking the CDC's website on availability and also calling your local Walmart that has a pharmacy.
JakeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2021, 07:59 AM   #139
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
First shot of Moderna earlier today: so far so good !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2021, 08:41 AM   #140
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by fskywalker View Post
First shot of Moderna earlier today: so far so good !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Congratulations!!! I hope you don't grow any extra appendages. Seriously, I'm relieved to have both shots. Will feel even better about it in another week when it's fully in effect!!! It's still easier to get than a Rolex.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2021, 09:39 AM   #141
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Italy, Germany and France join 19 total suspending the Astra vax. I recall getting flamed for saying I didn't want my cells to grow spike proteins and was asked "how would you tell?" There's the answer.
Old 16 March 2021, 11:23 PM   #142
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
My wife and I got our first Moderna shot yesterday. Sore arm for both of us, she has a low grade fever.

Better than the alternative.

I got in because I work at McDonald's. Want fries with that?

LOL, j/k. But I was prepared to tell them that if needed. They didn't ask me why I thought I was in group 3 (as I'm obviously not old enough).

I actually work in an industry that some consider to be essential, so I qualified that way.

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
m j b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2021, 11:31 PM   #143
Brew
"TRF" Member

I was asked how I qualified. My 3 stents are as good as 10 years, it turns out.
Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2021, 06:26 AM   #144
puppet
"TRF" Member

Got my first shot last night (Pfizer). Sore arm, but otherwise fine. Wife has had both already. Excited with a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.
puppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2021, 07:19 AM   #145
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
Because your choices affect the rest of us. Wanna wear a tin foil hat? Knock yourself out. But when your decisions threaten the health of others, whole different ballgame.
dP
Just browsing this thread, but the CDC and US Health folks including Dr. Fauci all agree, that even after having the vaccine you can still catch the virus and infect others. To me, this weighs towards it being a personal decision and not being a hurting others decision. Just saying what they are saying. Not advocating anything.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2021, 07:48 AM   #146
Kingface66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1966 Rolex 5513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
Just browsing this thread, but the CDC and US Health folks including Dr. Fauci all agree, that even after having the vaccine you can still catch the virus and infect others. To me, this weighs towards it being a personal decision and not being a hurting others decision. Just saying what they are saying. Not advocating anything.
You can still “possibly” transmit the virus after you’ve been vaccinated, as it may be in your nasal passage (nasopharynx). But, you wouldn’t even know as you wouldn’t have any symptoms. So, if you’re around someone at risk, who hasn’t been vaccinated, you would want to be cautious by wearing a mask.
As for the CDC, they are advising that if you’ve been vaccinated you do not need to isolate and quarantine if you’ve been around someone whom you know is infected.
Neither of which suggest that you shouldn’t get vaccinated. At the best it could save your life. And the more who do get vaccinated, the quicker we won’t have to worry about “those who aren’t vaccinated” and we can live without this horror.
And for those who say that the virus is such a huge and dangerous risk, after seeing tractor trailer freezer trucks from the NYCity Morgue parked out front of every NYC hospital last summer, that were literally filled with bodies that needed to be stored, I’m incredibly relieved that people are finally getting the vaccine.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...-ac360-vpx.cnn
Kingface66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2021, 07:58 AM   #147
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
But the WHO and other authorities have stated that asymptomatic spread was never a major source of spread.

The sicker someone gets with the virus, the more of a viral load they are carrying and the easier they can spread it. Not to mention spray from coughing and sneezing.

So I'd have to believe that if the vaccine makes people less likely to get sick, it makes it harder for them to spread the virus.

I think Fauci is just trying to encourage people to keep wearing masks and distancing. E.g., if you hang out in a closet with an asymptomatic person long enough, you can probably still catch it.
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2021, 01:58 PM   #148
Doc Savage
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Explorer 214270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
But the WHO and other authorities have stated that asymptomatic spread was never a major source of spread...
This is incorrect. The Journal of the American Medical Association (who I would trust more than the WHO) published a study in January that said 59% of all Covid-19 transmission is asymptomatic. "In this base case, 59% of all transmission came from asymptomatic transmission, comprising 35% from presymptomatic individuals and 24% from individuals who never develop symptoms."

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...tm_term=010721

Also, after the WHO made that strange claim, they almost immediately revised their position regarding low asymptomatic spread, admitting they had no idea how often it occurred:
https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/09/...read-covid-19/

-Edward O. Wilson
Doc Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2021, 02:01 PM   #149
Slimpee
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DJ 41; 1803; BB Ch
First Moderna shot yesterday. So far, there’s a negligible amount of soreness in the arm.

I hear the second dose is where the side effects kick in. I’ll know in about a month!
Slimpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2021, 02:24 PM   #150
TC94
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3 Mike View Post
They sure know a lot about a sickness that they didn't know a single thing about a few months ago. I had the virus in December. If I didn't get the mild fever I never would have known I had it.

From the bottom of my heart, I am thankful so many are willing to step up and take it first. :)
Yes, we do. I knew nothing about it myself 12 months ago. Since then, I’ve gotten 5 hours per month of COVID CME for last 10 months.

And while experts caution that vaccinated people may still carry and spread active virus, the real truth is that we expect to see that change as well once enough people get vaccinated. The overall viral prevalence will decrease and the number of mutations and variants will drop.

Over the last 12 months, and in particular the last 6 months, I have personally diagnosed COVID patients with long-term lung damage, blood clots in their lungs causing infarcted lung tissue that won’t recover, secondary bacterial pneumonias, congestive heart failure caused by cardiac damage, strokes, blood clots in extremities that have resulted in amputations, blood clots in extremities that have required stents (which means long-term blood thinner medication use that has its own risks), viral myocarditis, and unusual nervous system infections for which there is no treatment and for which long-term effects are unknown.

That’s just a subset of what I’ve seen and continue to see every single time I sit down at my workstation.

That’s first hand, not rumors, reports or from reading journals. Just in my remote teleradiology practice covering emergency medicine in 30 states. And I’m just one doctor. Now multiply that by the thousands of us covering this stuff.

To imply that the current knowledge is somehow suspect is just wrong. Massive resources have been poured into this because it was necessary to do so.

We know the risks of complications from COVID are exponentially greater than any minor and rare risk of having a bad reaction to the vaccine.

The only way out of this is to get 70-80% of people vaccinated.

So kudos to all of you reporting here that you’ve gotten the vaccine. And for those waiting, keep at it. For yourself, for your family, and for the rest of society.
TC94 is online now   Reply With Quote