The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 10 May 2021, 12:10 AM   #31
GW44
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini2 View Post
Didn’t even know Harrods had a loyalty card scheme - I am clearly not a Harrods customer 🤣

I got mine when I purchased a Tudor Harrods special edition Black Bay.

Be interesting to see what benefit I end up with when I get my 15500.....still waiting and I’ve now reached 2nd anniversary for the RO Blue

(Never waited this long for any watch purchase :banghead)
GW44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2021, 02:37 AM   #32
Mini2
"TRF" Member

I wonder with having no tourist or at least not as many as before and the VAT RETAIL SCHEME being stopped will this help supply to actual UK Clients or will they just divert some to them territories like Asia and USA
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2021, 02:49 AM   #33
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I wonder with having no tourist or at least not as many as before and the VAT RETAIL SCHEME being stopped will this help supply to actual UK Clients or will they just divert some to them territories like Asia and USA
I doubt that HQ micro manages what happens in the UK as the management and team here is so strong. I can't see the UK giving anything up for allocation to the rest of the world, thus technically there's more for us locals rather than tourists.
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2021, 03:20 AM   #34
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Quote:
With the RO, I don't think the lack of tourist or the change in the VAT scheme will have any effect? AP have always mandated the hot models to be sold to locals only anyway. At least that was based on my conversation with the AP House in London. I contacted them to ask about the possibility to register interest for a 15407ST last year and was referred back to the local KL boutique where I bought my 15500.

Not that there's a chance but can't harm to try right?
HMHM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2021, 05:02 AM   #35
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS93108 View Post
I doubt that HQ micro manages what happens in the UK as the management and team here is so strong. I can't see the UK giving anything up for allocation to the rest of the world, thus technically there's more for us locals rather than tourists.
Will be interesting to see if there's a noticeable effect. Still looking forward to coming back to London in the future, but as a shopping destination it has definitely taken a hit, in particular for items with reasonable availability.
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote