The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 21 March 2021, 04:28 AM   #31
doramas
Banned

Very large. These watches are for very determined people if you don't want to make a fool out of yourself.
doramas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2021, 06:16 AM   #32
Soondooboo
"TRF" Member

39mm please
Soondooboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2021, 06:23 AM   #33
kingofthehill
"TRF" Member

I wonder what the introduction of a 43mm Royal Oak Offshore means for the broader collection: is this an addition to the 42mm and 44mm Royal Oak Offshore lines, a replacement for the 44mm Royal Oak Offshore or a way in which to consolidate both the 42mm and 44mm Royal Oak Offshore lines into one offering for example?

It is hard to imagine (and nor would I wish to see) The Beast being removed from the collection now that it has been reintroduced and so at least the original 42mm Royal Oak Offshore should remain.

Excitingly, I personally believe that we might also see a reduction in the Royal Oak Concept case size to come at some point in the future. AP’s Head of Complications made some casually suggestive comments on this on a Time and Tide video last year.
kingofthehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2021, 06:57 AM   #34
speedfighter
"TRF" Member

Beautiful but it would be perfect at 45mm-46mm.
speedfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2021, 09:15 AM   #35
joegusmano
"TRF" Member

They knocked this one out of the park IMO. The new pusher housing gives off Concept vibes. This will definitely be my first AP.
joegusmano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2021, 10:09 AM   #36
yachty 1
"TRF" Member

Watch: yacht master
Personally i think it's a good move to consolidate the 42 and 44 line. You have a 43 mm line that meets in the middle and shrinks down the sports line which is fighting for direction and identity. In the last 10 years they created a 44mm line revamped the 42mm line then decided to add a 42mm watch with flat pushers no display back and a totally different movement . Like a said I think they are trying to figure out which way to go. This is a brilliant move to consolidate the line introduce the new movement , I love this direction.
yachty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2021, 12:49 PM   #37
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Fail for me.
Old 21 March 2021, 01:02 PM   #38
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

The more I look the less I like. It would have been better had they stuck with everything about the 44mm ROOs and created a way to put the updated movement in them. Again, that applied logo looks like a blob of garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
usmc_k9_vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2021, 01:51 PM   #39
yachty 1
"TRF" Member

Watch: yacht master
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc_k9_vet View Post
The more I look the less I like. It would have been better had they stuck with everything about the 44mm ROOs and created a way to put the updated movement in them. Again, that applied logo looks like a blob of garbage.

Your right about the applied logo, hopefully these are just cut and paste errors lol
yachty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2021, 03:39 PM   #40
iLLGT2
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO Blue Scuba
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Fail for me.
Second that
iLLGT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2021, 04:07 PM   #41
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachty 1 View Post
Your right about the applied logo, hopefully these are just cut and paste errors lol

That’s what I am hoping as well or that these are a prototype and the final version will be released later in the year. I guess we shall see!

usmc_k9_vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2021, 05:19 PM   #42
rambo99
Banned

Watch: SD43,PAM1616,Hulk
the AP logo applied differently on the new divers, looks much better.
rambo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2021, 09:48 PM   #43
ragsk
Banned

Apparently people are trying to buy the last remaining 44s from boutiques before they get phased out......
ragsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2021, 09:55 PM   #44
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragsk View Post
Apparently people are trying to buy the last remaining 44s from boutiques before they get phased out......
Great! Hopefully they won't get the 43's then (because who wants 43's, right?) that way I can get what I want in the end.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2021, 10:04 PM   #45
ragsk
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Great! Hopefully they won't get the 43's then (because who wants 43's, right?) that way I can get what I want in the end.
Just telling you what AP told me.

The ROO line was never as crazy in demand like the RO - the regular models don't sell much over MSRP if at all. You think the 43 will change that? Possible I think.
Old 21 March 2021, 10:32 PM   #46
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragsk View Post
Interesting that such demand for the 44mm could ensue before anyone has actually had the 43mm in hand. Maybe the 44mm will be a collectable and that’s driving the demand.

I’m not sure we’ve seen the last of the 44mm, but maybe this year will see it retired.

Can you imagine AP not having a ‘farewell’ 44mm model or two?
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2021, 11:37 PM   #47
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, Omega
I know the ROO 44 doesn't have the following or demand that the RO currently enjoys, but it has surely become an iconic member of the AP stable, and so if the 44 is to be axed, which I assume it may well be, I wouldn't be at all surprised if demand for the remaining pieces increases. I'm certainly glad to have my Summer Edition alongside classic RG44.

Surely as Gary says, if the 44 is to be axed AP will release a final farewell swansong 44 to say goodbye to such a significant feature of the brand. I hope so...
P2725TMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2021, 12:02 AM   #48
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Thanks to Honuswagner13 for posting this is the other thread:

https://robbreport.com/style/watch-c...es-1234602454/

According to this article, FHB is quoted as saying that the quick release straps will appear on ALL future ROO offerings.

I have personally been told from a very reliable source that the 44mm won’t have the quick release strap.

I’ve heard from other people that AP is telling customers that the 44mm had been discontinued.

Thus, my only conclusion is that the 44mm has indeed GONE, but without any fanfare.

Chris, your SE is going to sky rocket!
Old 22 March 2021, 12:31 AM   #49
ragsk
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS93108 View Post
Interesting that such demand for the 44mm could ensue before anyone has actually had the 43mm in hand. Maybe the 44mm will be a collectable and that’s driving the demand.

I’m not sure we’ve seen the last of the 44mm, but maybe this year will see it retired.

Can you imagine AP not having a ‘farewell’ 44mm model or two?
Yes there has to be one or two limited editions as a last goodbye!
Old 22 March 2021, 12:33 AM   #50
ragsk
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS93108 View Post
Thanks to Honuswagner13 for posting this is the other thread:

https://robbreport.com/style/watch-c...es-1234602454/

According to this article, FHB is quoted as saying that the quick release straps will appear on ALL future ROO offerings.

I have personally been told from a very reliable source that the 44mm won’t have the quick release strap.

I’ve heard from other people that AP is telling customers that the 44mm had been discontinued.

Thus, my only conclusion is that the 44mm has indeed GONE, but without any fanfare.

Chris, your SE is going to sky rocket!
I have one too. And an all ceramic. Money money money!!!

Jokes aside I cant see them skyrocketing up in value. Not the ceramic anyway.
Old 22 March 2021, 12:45 AM   #51
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, Omega
I'm obviously extremely biased but I think the SE has to be one of the most spectacular of all the ROO 44s!

I think it will be a great pity if AP don't release a swansong farewell 44, as regardless of the fact it may not have been a best seller, overall it's done a lot to help build the brand in recent years. Certainly in my case it was the RG44 that led me to AP and to then buying a few others too.
P2725TMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2021, 12:55 AM   #52
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Chris, Shiv, my heart bleeds for you...

I’ve said it before but the SE is the ONLY watch I regret selling, even though I still can’t imagine wearing it too often.

I’ve never owned a RO, it was the ROO that brought me to the brand. To let the 44mm disappear without a proper send off would be wrong.
Old 23 March 2021, 12:39 AM   #53
JJ WA
"TRF" Member

Has anyone seen reference to the case thickness on these new 43mm models?

I don't get why AP announces the launching of new watches but don't put them on its website immediately, with full specs.
JJ WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2021, 01:51 AM   #54
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ WA View Post
Has anyone seen reference to the case thickness on these new 43mm models?

I don't get why AP announces the launching of new watches but don't put them on its website immediately, with full specs.
It doesn't seem that AP itself has announced much at all, and maybe wasn't planning to for another week - if this sequence of leaks and hastily written articles on a subset of the new collection was indeed the plan for the rollout, it was a very odd one.
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2021, 02:23 AM   #55
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
It doesn't seem that AP itself has announced much at all, and maybe wasn't planning to for another week - if this sequence of leaks and hastily written articles on a subset of the new collection was indeed the plan for the rollout, it was a very odd one.
No matter how great AP watches are, let's not forget that (among some others) PR department of Audemars Piguet is a joke...

Let's talk about most covered Audemars Piguet watch ever - Lebron James ROO... so, you have a watch that after you send press release will be in a minutes on every single mass media, sport, basketball, hype, fashion, luxury website, and we talk about hundreds... and you manage to send a pic of the wrong watch... ok not exactly wrong, but the prototype (proto AP watch renders have one screw in wrong/opposite direction)... I know that 90% of people didn't even noticed, but speaking of companies like AP there is no excuse for such mistakes...

Another one is Code damage control at SIHH... crisis PR at its worst... passive aggressive CEO and briefing to watch media to avoid bad angles and photograph the good ones... no matter "good ones" appear on the sight almost never
edo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2021, 02:38 AM   #56
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Just to confirm my prior posts.

AP has confirmed that the 44mm is done and the 43mm is the replacement. However, when pressed as to ‘special editions’ the person I spoke to couldn’t make a definitive NO. That said, they did say that they had no knowledge of any plans for any specials.

Also, the 43mm plots (quick release) don’t retro fit the 44mm.

FHB is quoted as saying that ALL future ROOs will have the quick release straps. Ergo, the only conclusion is that there are NO NEW 44mm versions.

The 44mm is dead long live the 43mm....as the saying goes.
Old 23 March 2021, 02:41 AM   #57
sokoloka
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet
Any word on 43mm thickness?
Old 23 March 2021, 02:50 AM   #58
JJ WA
"TRF" Member

It doesn't look (to me) like the various pieces of news on the Diver, ROO and ROC actually 'leaked'. AP itself put those out. I just think they should've updated the website too.

Let's see what will come along with the rest of the 2021 announcements.

JJ WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2021, 02:54 AM   #59
m3jasper
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokoloka View Post
Any word on 43mm thickness?
14.4MM

Same as the previous 44mm reference, even with the new thicker movement.
m3jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2021, 03:50 AM   #60
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ WA View Post
It doesn't look (to me) like the various pieces of news on the Diver, ROO and ROC actually 'leaked'. AP itself put those out. I just think they should've updated the website too.
AP certainly provided the info/pictures to the various outlets. I'm just wondering if they got published exactly when AP had planned for. It is somewhat amusing that e.g. the Monochrome-watches articles claim "More details at www.audemarspiguet.com." at the bottom, when that is clearly not the case. There's still nothing at Hodinkee beyond the green dial Jumbo, and nothing at all for some of the other usual suspects.
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote