The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 21 April 2021, 10:38 AM   #31
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifamo View Post
No lol. You can't get a Birkin with scarves and wallets. You need to buy another handbag that's less in demand. Or even better, another handbag that's less in demand but uses exotic leather, to be considered for a Birkin.
Probably true in the bigger Hermès boutiques but not true in all of them.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2021, 10:52 AM   #32
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
Probably true in the bigger Hermès boutiques but not true in all of them.
I think all brands with allocation style models are feeling the brunt of the luxary demand increasing and have in turn massively jacked up how much non-hot stuff needs to be bought in effect being their price increase to stay ahead of the curve.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2021, 03:41 PM   #33
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimwizzzuuu View Post
I have friend bought a set of rose gold cufflinks from boutique then he was able to get a steel RO afterwards.

Now I bet there’s a 6 year wait for the steel cufflinks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2021, 12:33 AM   #34
kimwizzzuuu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
Now I bet there’s a 6 year wait for the steel cufflinks?

Lol i think buying a pair of 5k cufflinks is a great way to start relationship if you don’t want code. Same goes with Tourneau in Vegas couple years ago, the SA told me Rolex steel model only go to existing client(he told me get some cufflinks or montblanc pens, then I could place deposits on some of steel sport model).
kimwizzzuuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2021, 12:23 AM   #35
tifamo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Lol i think buying a pair of 5k cufflinks is a great way to start relationship if you don’t want code. Same goes with Tourneau in Vegas couple years ago, the SA told me Rolex steel model only go to existing client(he told me get some cufflinks or montblanc pens, then I could place deposits on some of steel sport model).
If buying 5k cufflinks can get me a RO at MSRP that's really good. Grey market prices are above MSRP by at least $10k so you still come out ahead lol.
tifamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2021, 12:46 AM   #36
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

I uh...think and hazard a guess that in this case being friend of kimwizzzuuu had much more to do with it than simply buying the cufflinks!
Old 23 April 2021, 12:53 AM   #37
kimwizzzuuu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrowatch View Post
I uh...think and hazard a guess that in this case being friend of kimwizzzuuu had much more to do with it than simply buying the cufflinks!

That’s not from nyc boutique. I don’t know how he pulled it off, but the result was there.
Old 23 April 2021, 12:59 AM   #38
kimwizzzuuu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If buying 5k cufflinks can get me a RO at MSRP that's really good. Grey market prices are above MSRP by at least $10k so you still come out ahead lol.

Consider the market now yes, it’s worth it, but not many people want those cufflinks at first glance. Something bigger, you could always drop 30k for this object to get on the list
Old 23 April 2021, 06:11 AM   #39
tifamo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Consider the market now yes, it’s worth it, but not many people want those cufflinks at first glance. Something bigger, you could always drop 30k for this object to get on the list
This giant is 30k?? Does it actually work? If it does I can't believe it's cheaper than my 15450...
tifamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2021, 07:40 AM   #40
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
I had an issue with Material Good as well, bought a watch from them that was supposed to include box and papers. He sent it without box, refused to send one and then said he would "take care" of me when I traded the watch into him in the future. Inexcusable, especially on a $80k+ purchase. Have not and will not do any future business with MG again.
No box on a $80k purchase (even tho purchase amount shouldn’t matter) while it said so in the description! I’d be pissed

Fwiw, my only interaction with MG was around a year ago when they offered me a new blue 15500st straight for my blue 15400st
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2021, 07:41 AM   #41
kimwizzzuuu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This giant is 30k?? Does it actually work? If it does I can't believe it's cheaper than my 15450...

27 plus tax to be exact. The rotor is not made by gold thats why it’s cheaper, and finishing smaller scale is a lot harder. I know the rotor could wind both direction
Old 23 April 2021, 10:55 AM   #42
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

If the rotor was made or gold or inscribed with bitcoin key, I'd be all over it!

While we're on the topic for NYC botique, do they at least have any interesting marketing pieces to go see right now? Or is it really just some free water as a pit stop walking over the 47th street to be able to see watches?
Old 23 April 2021, 11:10 AM   #43
kimwizzzuuu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If the rotor was made or gold or inscribed with bitcoin key, I'd be all over it!

While we're on the topic for NYC botique, do they at least have any interesting marketing pieces to go see right now? Or is it really just some free water as a pit stop walking over the 47th street to be able to see watches?

I’ve tried on new ceramic code in both metals, new divers, green dial BA roc, black panther two weeks ago. I don’t know if they still have those marketing pieces to try on. I don’t think they got the new offshores or rose gold ROC when I was there.
Old 23 April 2021, 11:41 PM   #44
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I’ve tried on new ceramic code in both metals, new divers, green dial BA roc, black panther two weeks ago. I don’t know if they still have those marketing pieces to try on. I don’t think they got the new offshores or rose gold ROC when I was there.
Thank you, much appreciated.
Old 26 April 2021, 12:19 AM   #45
seadubs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Wow great to know!
seadubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2021, 05:21 AM   #46
iamrichard
"TRF" Member

Did anyone get allocated a 15500 after buying Code 1159?
iamrichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2021, 09:23 AM   #47
RyanO
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: LVc
Quote:

I was there last month and was able to try on a black dial 15500st, 37mm RO and a 41mm Chrono! Great experience and was offered Champagne as well.

To top it off, I was offered the 15500st 02 grey dial which I’ve been hunting since release last week. Heading back to the amazing NYC boutique to have it sized next weekend. This was my third visit to the NYC boutique, and I’m about 5 deep in Vegas and one in Miami go give you an idea how persistent I’ve been. NYC really came through for me.

RyanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2021, 10:00 AM   #48
acaixguard
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, ALS
Stopped by the NYC boutique again to have the 1.5 link put on my 15500ST. It definitely will be a better fit in the warmer months.

Had my daughters with me today, and they were kind enough to give them some swag as well!

acaixguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2021, 10:59 AM   #49
kimwizzzuuu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acaixguard View Post
Stopped by the NYC boutique again to have the 1.5 link put on my 15500ST. It definitely will be a better fit in the warmer months.

Had my daughters with me today, and they were kind enough to give them some swag as well!

I also got both shirts for my daughter as well when we were there.
Old 9 May 2021, 11:43 AM   #50
agsstructures
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acaixguard View Post

Ha, great shirts! I was there about 1230pm or so today taking a link out of my 15300!
agsstructures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2021, 04:10 PM   #51
jz112896
"TRF" Member

I got my 15500 black dial from NYC boutique. No prior purchase history, put 25% deposit and waited for about 4 months. Unfortunately, that SA already left and I just connected with another SA and I was told my name is on the list for another non-blue dial 15500ST. I am not sure if it’s true or not. I am waiting for the silver dial now
jz112896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2021, 07:15 PM   #52
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jz112896 View Post
I got my 15500 black dial from NYC boutique. No prior purchase history, put 25% deposit and waited for about 4 months. Unfortunately, that SA already left and I just connected with another SA and I was told my name is on the list for another non-blue dial 15500ST. I am not sure if it’s true or not. I am waiting for the silver dial now
Ive waited 2 years and nothing
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote