The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 5 May 2021, 12:25 AM   #1
sgwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: R/AP/FPJ/Hermès/et
Confused... 26315st

Someone saw an old IG post and sent me a dm with an offer of $45k for my 38mm ROC panda. I don’t doubt they’re serious. But now I’m confused, after initially dismissing it. That was a $27k watch, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t tempted to accept.

I like the watch and wear it every few weeks but it’s not a daily.

Wife wants me to hold on to it. If I sell, I plan to top up and get a 1815 chrono.

What should I do?
Old 5 May 2021, 12:35 AM   #2
watchfan248
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP26315st.01; JLC
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgwatchguy View Post
Someone saw an old IG post and sent me a dm with an offer of $45k for my 38mm ROC panda. I don’t doubt they’re serious. But now I’m confused, after initially dismissing it. That was a $27k watch, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t tempted to accept.

Wife wants me to hold on to it. If I sell, I plan to top up and get a 1815 chrono.

What should I do?

Depends on your collection? For me, I received mine a few weeks ago and is my go to sports watch (but in dressy situations). Feel like it’s a bit more versatile than a 1815. However if you have something in your collection as a steel sports watch, then def worth considering. Lol my wife has same thinking as your wife hah but also doesn’t know the current state of the SS RO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
watchfan248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2021, 12:44 AM   #3
sgwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Confused... 26315st

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchfan248 View Post
Depends on your collection? For me, I received mine a few weeks ago and is my go to sports watch (but in dressy situations). Feel like it’s a bit more versatile than a 1815. However if you have something in your collection as a steel sports watch, then def worth considering. Lol my wife has same thinking as your wife hah but also doesn’t know the current state of the SS RO

SS Daytona for a chrono so SS sports is covered, and a CS for dressy three hander. Plus a handful of other sporty references. I like chronos and ALS is a must have for me eventually. The ROC is so handsome though... very confusing due to the price offered.
Old 5 May 2021, 01:41 AM   #4
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:

What should I do?
Other than both being chronos, those are pretty different watches - should not be too hard to figure out which one fits better. Not sure whether the offer matters, unless you expect an imminent crash in the SS sports watch market.
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2021, 03:50 AM   #5
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
nice! very diff watches.. i admit the movement on the 1815 chrono is amazing but personally i find dress pieces on leather less versatile than a bracelet sports watch for my lifestyle. depends on yours
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2021, 05:56 AM   #6
Vipes
"TRF" Member

Dang that’s a lot for the 26315. I didn’t think these were going for that much on the secondary market.
Vipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2021, 06:00 AM   #7
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Always get the watch you want and dump unworn watches. Personally I like the ROC better especially the combo you have. Wonder if you would feel differently wearing the watch with rubber strap esp in SG weather?

But if dress watch style is your thing, rock it.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2021, 10:30 AM   #8
HansGruber
"TRF" Member

That’s quite a lot. Having been watching (bought and sold recently) the last few on the forums went for around 36-37k. That even seems high for the speculative prices on C24. Btw the watch is now like $29,600 USD
HansGruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2021, 10:42 AM   #9
NYG1121
"TRF" Member

Its a beautiful watch (but I'm biased). I am also surprised by that offer. I see them more in the mid 30s but who knows these days what they would fetch. They are not easy to come by anymore so make sure you wouldn't regret it!
Old 5 May 2021, 10:47 AM   #10
rolexbud
"TRF" Member

I've been actively searching for a AP RO and based on AD conversations and grey market dealers, it does seem like the 26315ST panda is roughly around $40K (maybe a bit higher the last month) if you want that watch given how difficult it is to get at the AD.

I think it just depends on how much you want that ALS 1815 especially if you have others in your collection. Do you own another AP?
rolexbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2021, 10:59 AM   #11
sgwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG1121 View Post
Its a beautiful watch (but I'm biased). I am also surprised by that offer. I see them more in the mid 30s but who knows these days what they would fetch. They are not easy to come by anymore so make sure you wouldn't regret it!

Surprised me as well! Considering it’s 38mm size, always thought this watch appealed to those who would buy to wear and not speculators. It’s a great looking watch and no longer as easily available which is giving me pause.
Old 5 May 2021, 11:05 AM   #12
grievor
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Surprised me as well! Considering it’s 38mm size, always thought this watch appealed to those who would buy to wear and not speculators. It’s a great looking watch and no longer as easily available which is giving me pause.
seems to me youre holding onto it because you like it more for the market value than the watch itself.

might be a good time to give that ALS another look
grievor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2021, 03:12 PM   #13
sgwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Other than both being chronos, those are pretty different watches - should not be too hard to figure out which one fits better. Not sure whether the offer matters, unless you expect an imminent crash in the SS sports watch market.

Thanks. True, both very different and the ALS is ‘next watch’ and not replacement really. The offer surprised me and had me scratching my head.
Old 5 May 2021, 03:36 PM   #14
sgwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipes View Post
Dang that’s a lot for the 26315. I didn’t think these were going for that much on the secondary market.

Haha yes, wasn’t tracking prices and was stumped. Seeing a couple of pieces for sales here locally on sites, which are in that range, I know the offer is in the ballpark of what’s being asked by sellers.
Old 6 May 2021, 11:59 PM   #15
Sulituan
"TRF" Member

SGD or USD? I would go for an ALS Datograph instead! (same movement)
Sulituan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2021, 01:35 AM   #16
Vipes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Haha yes, wasn’t tracking prices and was stumped. Seeing a couple of pieces for sales here locally on sites, which are in that range, I know the offer is in the ballpark of what’s being asked by sellers.
I have a 26315 also and it’s very tempting. If you have another watch on the radar, might be a good move to sell it to fund the next piece.
Vipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2021, 01:43 AM   #17
NYG1121
"TRF" Member

I just looked based on this thread. Not too many on the market but BNIB ones are listed for 50k +. So I think the offer may not have been that far off actually
Old 7 May 2021, 01:47 AM   #18
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Dare I say...

Rolex:AP
BTC:ETH ???

I consider this a one way street. If it was a Rolex, even a Daytona, easy to undo the decision with a BNIB one, but with AP raising prices as they have and such limited production relative to the size of the watch collecting (I said collecting not speculating) community, it would be very hard to get one you know is 100% authentic straight from AP again.

Why not grab a large coffee thermos and sit down at a gray that has both and just wear the lange for an hour to know if you bond with it?
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2021, 02:23 AM   #19
Timnyc
"TRF" Member

I heard it is super limited now for the 38mm, even for the grey dial. That's actually perfect size (same as daytona) so I think people start to appreciate it more.
Timnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2021, 05:56 AM   #20
rolexbud
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timnyc View Post
I heard it is super limited now for the 38mm, even for the grey dial. That's actually perfect size (same as daytona) so I think people start to appreciate it more.
Did they decrease production or is the demand higher so the chance of a buyer getting one is harder?
rolexbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2021, 05:08 AM   #21
Timnyc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexbud View Post
Did they decrease production or is the demand higher so the chance of a buyer getting one is harder?
Definitely demand. If you follow the sale forum here, there're a couple preowned sold last month within just a few days of posting
Timnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2021, 05:38 AM   #22
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

I’d move it for 45. The Lange is outstanding
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2021, 12:49 PM   #23
sgwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrowatch View Post
Why not grab a large coffee thermos and sit down at a gray that has both and just wear the lange for an hour to know if you bond with it?
I’ve been to the btq so often they probably are asking hq how to deal with folks that try but don’t buy
Old 10 May 2021, 10:35 AM   #24
stanleyleecm
"TRF" Member

I am hunting for a Panda 26315ST too so if you decide to sell, I am definitely interested!

stanleyleecm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2021, 08:04 PM   #25
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
Keep it and add ALS.
Rolex: 116621, 126333, 126711CHNR, 114060, 116500LN White, 126660 JC, 126710BLNR, 126710BLRO, 116610LV, 126610LN, 126610LV, 116508 YG Green Dial, 124300 Turquoise, 126719BLRO Meteorite dial, 228235 Olive dial ,126755SARU, 116505 RG Black dial, 326934 Blue Sky D.
Audemars Piguet: 15451ST Blue, 15500OR w/Bracelet, 14790SA, 14790BA, 26022BC(Salmon) Patek Philippe: 5524R, 5712G, ALS: Time Zone 136.032, Cartier: WGSA0030, WSSA0061, YG Oct. 2965, Breguet: 7137BA, MontBlanc: 109996"
, Seiko: SRPA21,
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2021, 09:07 PM   #26
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
If I only wore the watch infrequently I would take the offer and the profit and get something that would rise in the collection.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2021, 11:35 PM   #27
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
I’d move it for 45. The Lange is outstanding
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote