The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 16 May 2021, 01:07 AM   #1
philohlean
"TRF" Member

Eleven:11 Hard Watch Case Feedback/Recommendations

Morning everyone!

Currently hunting for a new watch box and I had heard good things about the Eleven:11 hard case. I am trying to find something with pillows that are as close to the factory Rolex geometry/elasticity as possible, it's about the only sized pillow I can find that fits bracelets sized for both my wife and I.

Any other watch cases or rolls that can store 5-10 watches securely with Rolex-like pillows? Any DIYs I should explore?

In addition, found a couple threads about the Eleven:11 on RF but am unsure what drawbacks are present with it, if any. For example, is the foam abrasive enough that it could scuff PM pieces? A lot of the rolls/cases appear to have fabric/microfiber covering the foam, I wasn't sure if this was due to concerns about the surface finish or if simply an aesthetic thing. I welcome any feedback!

Cheers
philohlean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2021, 01:23 AM   #2
JodyHighroller
Banned

I had the 8 watch case and the 2 watch case from Eleven 11. You won’t have any trouble with the pillows as they are modeled exactly on the Rolex pillows. The 8 watch case pillows have slightly thicker pillow foam vs the two watch case. Both are very pliable for smaller sized bracelets. The cases also include a microfiber cleaning cloth, so perhaps that could be what you’re referring to?

I can’t speak for the foam scratching. I didn’t have an issue the few times I used them, but I wouldn’t put a very heavily soiled watch away. It only makes sense that foam would collect debris over time, so just make sure your watches are reasonably clean beforehand (doesn’t mean polishing every time).

I sold my 8 watch case and gave the two watch case to my brother. They’re are incredible and well designed cases. I’m just picky with my storage needs and prefer the least amount of contact possible so I opted for the Everest watch roll solution. I like how the watches are suspended and there is no contact from behind (bracelet), sides, or in front of the watch. Of course, it doesn’t have the crush protection like the Eleven 11, but I’m not tossing them around so all is well. Hope this helps!

Edit: the 2/4 watch cases are also slimmer, so they have a thinner supporting top/bottom interior foam compared to the eight watch case which has significantly thicker foam. Overall, the 8 watch case has more “cushion” inside.
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2021, 03:29 AM   #3
philohlean
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodyHighroller View Post
I had the 8 watch case and the 2 watch case from Eleven 11. You won’t have any trouble with the pillows as they are modeled exactly on the Rolex pillows. The 8 watch case pillows have slightly thicker pillow foam vs the two watch case. Both are very pliable for smaller sized bracelets. The cases also include a microfiber cleaning cloth, so perhaps that could be what you’re referring to?

I can’t speak for the foam scratching. I didn’t have an issue the few times I used them, but I wouldn’t put a very heavily soiled watch away. It only makes sense that foam would collect debris over time, so just make sure your watches are reasonably clean beforehand (doesn’t mean polishing every time).

I sold my 8 watch case and gave the two watch case to my brother. They’re are incredible and well designed cases. I’m just picky with my storage needs and prefer the least amount of contact possible so I opted for the Everest watch roll solution. I like how the watches are suspended and there is no contact from behind (bracelet), sides, or in front of the watch. Of course, it doesn’t have the crush protection like the Eleven 11, but I’m not tossing them around so all is well. Hope this helps!

Edit: the 2/4 watch cases are also slimmer, so they have a thinner supporting top/bottom interior foam compared to the eight watch case which has significantly thicker foam. Overall, the 8 watch case has more “cushion” inside.
Thanks so much for the feedback, that definitely helps! Do I understand correctly that the Eleven:11 case essentially contacts the bracelet all the way around when the watch is stored, in addition to the crystal/bezel contact when closed? That feature did stand out to me somewhat, though it makes sense for travel. I love my everest roll but the pillows are too big for my wife's DJ sadly.
Old 16 May 2021, 04:25 AM   #4
JodyHighroller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by philohlean View Post
Thanks so much for the feedback, that definitely helps! Do I understand correctly that the Eleven:11 case essentially contacts the bracelet all the way around when the watch is stored, in addition to the crystal/bezel contact when closed? That feature did stand out to me somewhat, though it makes sense for travel. I love my everest roll but the pillows are too big for my wife's DJ sadly.
Yes, it will make contact all the way around. It worried me with thicker watches (SkyD) on the smaller carrying cases (2/4 watch cases) when trying to close the case. At the end of the day, it will need to be a tad snug so the watches don’t move around inside.

Have you tried the zip tie method for your Everest pillows and your wife’s watches? (If her wrist size is too small, it still may not work).
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2021, 05:36 AM   #5
Malum
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 D-Blue
I’m very happy with my 8 watch case .
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 3BFC25F5-2444-4CEA-BA07-23F68FFAEE3F.jpeg (172.7 KB, 108 views)
Malum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2021, 11:39 AM   #6
philohlean
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodyHighroller View Post
Yes, it will make contact all the way around. It worried me with thicker watches (SkyD) on the smaller carrying cases (2/4 watch cases) when trying to close the case. At the end of the day, it will need to be a tad snug so the watches don’t move around inside.

Have you tried the zip tie method for your Everest pillows and your wife’s watches? (If her wrist size is too small, it still may not work).
Got it, that makes perfect sense. I had considered using zip ties to try to break in the Everest pillows for my watches actually, unfortunately no amount of zip ties would fix the issue for the wife's bracelet size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malum View Post
I’m very happy with my 8 watch case .
Looks fantastic, you have a great collection! Thanks for the feedback.