The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 9 February 2018, 03:17 PM   #1
tonygt3rs
"TRF" Member

Watch: 50th Sub & GMT II
16610LV Sub serviced by Rolex

I picked up my 16610LV from the Rolex boutique dealer here in Southern California after they sent it to Dallas for a service. I have owned the watch for 9 years and it was starting to run well over 1 minute fast after 5 days.

I picked it up and after one week I noticed it is actually running even faster than it was before I took it in for a service. I was a bit disappointed to say the least so I took it back to the dealer. They are now sending it back to Dallas for re-calibration which they say will take another 8 weeks. It doesn't sound like very good quality control on the part of Rolex.

Has anyone else had an issue with a Rolex service or is it just my bad luck?
tonygt3rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2018, 03:48 PM   #2
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
I've never had a Rolex with a variance as you describe, and that's over 30.

The only time I was startled was when the source I was using was one that updated periodically. You know, like a cell phone or the like.. most are subject to random corrections.
Old 9 February 2018, 03:55 PM   #3
henrylee
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN Ceramic
I would not be pleased with a result like this.
Old 9 February 2018, 04:30 PM   #4
tonygt3rs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrylee View Post
I would not be pleased with a result like this.
I definitely am not pleased. I kept checking the watch for the past month and hoped I was mistaken. The person at the dealer actually asked me if I had been winding the watch and was I sure it was fast. I asked her if she was joking!

I am not an expert but I am fanatic about Rolex watches and own 6 of them. I read every piece of literature and book I can find on them.

I am starting to wonder how much the people that work in the boutiques really know about the watches. And to be honest, it didn't seem they could care less.

Yes, very disappointed as this will mean I am without the Kermit for 4 months out of the last 12.
Old 9 February 2018, 04:37 PM   #5
tonygt3rs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
I've never had a Rolex with a variance as you describe, and that's over 30.

The only time I was startled was when the source I was using was one that updated periodically. You know, like a cell phone or the like.. most are subject to random corrections.
Thanks for your reply. I have never seen one with such a variance either and kept checking for the past month to see if I was mistaken. I have a total of 6 and the others are very accurate in comparison. My latest GMT II is perfect and two other datejusts are within a few seconds quite spot on.

But this one just speeds ahead and is easily noticed so I wonder why Rolex passed quality control. It wasn't this bad when I took it in for the original service.