The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10 May 2021, 03:59 PM   #421
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
Yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastorKrieg View Post
Yup, the constant hussle might be tiring, especially for people from the US not used to this, but then again - he is trying to make money and have a better life for himself, just because he doesn’t abide by how people think a business should be run doesn’t make it less valid. Much better than staying on welfare.
good luck to them, but geez you got to have rocks in your head to put 2k in, are you serious, for what!

I'll give you 2k so you can set up shop and me buy a watch off you that you make money on.

Never argue with a fool, as eventually it will be difficult to tell the difference.
Old 10 May 2021, 04:12 PM   #422
goodolejr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastorKrieg View Post
Yup, the constant hussle might be tiring, especially for people from the US not used to this, but then again - he is trying to make money and have a better life for himself, just because he doesn’t abide by how people think a business should be run doesn’t make it less valid. Much better than staying on welfare.

What on earth are you talking about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
118238 (white)
124200 (silver)
Ω De Ville Jumping Hours 4853.61
Old 10 May 2021, 04:15 PM   #423
iLLGT2
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO Blue Scuba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondoggy View Post
good luck to them, but geez you got to have rocks in your head to put 2k in, are you serious, for what!

I'll give you 2k so you can set up shop and me buy a watch off you that you make money on.
For the "privilege" of donating to a famous youtuber
Old 10 May 2021, 04:50 PM   #424
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Believe it or not, these Facebook subscription “elite” buying wholesale groups are the rage in the broski demographic. It’s a status thing unto itself. “RealBuyers” and other catchy names to add flex appeal. There is a dude on FB who has built a virtual fiefdom of buying groups with different levels and for different luxury goods...all full of monied or wannabee individuals clamoring to join. Been going on for a few years now.

I’m not surprised TPG is attempting this..as to whether they gain traction remains to be seen...if the network they build adds other dealers, it’s more than likely to succeed...

This is just another example of ways to get money in the modern digital economy that weren’t even imagined 20yrs ago.
Old 10 May 2021, 06:15 PM   #425
bondtoys
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750
So they are getting 1000 investors with the promise to supply them all at cost.
Not sure if that will be a sustainable model and where those profits then come from
Old 10 May 2021, 10:04 PM   #426
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondtoys View Post
So they are getting 1000 investors with the promise to supply them all at cost.
Not sure if that will be a sustainable model and where those profits then come from
That’s why I think it will end up being access to a network of “dealers” selling wholesale..or something similar.
Old 10 May 2021, 10:59 PM   #427
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
watchflippers.com anyone? There even an Apple and Android app.
Old 11 May 2021, 06:25 AM   #428
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
What in the world...Is their business imploding already? I was giving them until the hype moved on and the market plummeted. Looks like they may fold well before then

Old 11 May 2021, 06:37 AM   #429
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Well everything i learned in college was worthless. I thought building a business was hard? All you need to do is ask a lot of people for $2000 and you are set!

Old 11 May 2021, 06:53 AM   #430
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunylw View Post
Well everything i learned in college was worthless. I thought building a business was hard? All you need to do is ask a lot of people for $2000 and you are set!

well to be fair, the hard part was getting the huge following lol. not a fan of this though
Old 11 May 2021, 07:15 AM   #431
flyboyyy
"TRF" Member

I sort of lost interest after watching them pitching an "investor". One comment they made was "we're moving to a majority consignment business model so there no risk/danger in stock"...then just seconds later the statement was made that "your investment is protected by inventory".

Also seemed like the investor was smart enough to say that the outlay of cash on the Lambo and 1st Class airfare should match 1:1 the profit from YT - which of course was completely glossed over. Their big push was to get money to "play a part of a certain lifestyle" - using other people's money.

The use of notebooks, texts and emails for record keeping of transactions and wire's is something....

His prison stints probably don't help him in some folks minds, though I will give him the benefit of the doubt on that (and take his explanations at face value).

Time will tell!
Old 11 May 2021, 07:43 AM   #432
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodolejr View Post

Alright... who’s plunking down $2K?

Is this the same guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 11 May 2021, 07:52 AM   #433
dwjez14
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: All of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Is this the same guy?

Yes that is Anthony but a super old photo. That has to be from his drinking days , surely that isn’t a current warrant ?
Old 11 May 2021, 07:53 AM   #434
77T

I believe it was from the time period the other poster referenced.

Old 11 May 2021, 08:15 AM   #435
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Is this the same guy?

Yes. He’s admitted to it. He’s definitely turned it around

Old 11 May 2021, 09:33 AM   #436
77T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie_Rollie View Post
Yes. He’s admitted to it. He’s definitely turned it around

I looked and it is a turnaround - was Not knowing what the other poster meant

Old 11 May 2021, 10:17 AM   #437
dwjez14
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: All of them
Anthony has never denied his criminal history with alcoholism he embraces it. Good for him ! I think he offers hope to many having recovered and prospered with his life. I have dealt with him personally since he was a backpack dealer just a few years ago and the rise of his and Marco business has been so fast. I don’t doubt that they could have cash flow issues at times as any up and coming business would. When I first met him he had just met Marco. I wish them both success. It will be interesting to see how this buy in works for them for the store build.
Old 11 May 2021, 10:33 AM   #438
peacocknation
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of 'em!
I read through this thread and keep picturing Emperor Palpatine in Star Wars saying to Luke, "Good, let the hate flow through you."

A few of my thoughts...

- The content is fun to watch. I like it and watch it every week. It has also exposed me more to people like Roman Sharf, Nico, WatchEric, etc.

- The Zoom meetings they started doing with the other watch guys has been cool. I thought it was neat they invited Archie on after the public bashing between the two of them the past month.

- The comments and photo of his arrests, pretty lame/low. Anthony talks a lot about his past and how he's trying to improve his life. Not giving people like him who are actively pursuing a better life for themselves, the benefit of the doubt, says to me your parents missed a chapter when teaching you how to treat others and be a good person.

- My gut reaction when I saw the latest IG was also a bit cringe as it looks scammy. But when I factor in that the wholesale watch dealer world is based around social media (e.g. dealer groups, IG pages, etc.), the fact that there is a ton of scamming in the gray market, and that he's essentially giving ordinary people a pretty nice "in" into the watch dealing world....I get past it pretty quick. He's either built social trust with his channel or he hasn't. Sounds like most people on this forum don't feel he has.

- If you truly get a decent wholesale price on certain models, it could be a cheap $2k to build your own business/reputation trading watches....if that's what you want to do. Probably a lot more difficult to do on your own.
Old 11 May 2021, 10:39 AM   #439
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacocknation View Post
I read through this thread and keep picturing Emperor Palpatine in Star Wars saying to Luke, "Good, let the hate flow through you."

A few of my thoughts...

- The content is fun to watch. I like it and watch it every week. It has also exposed me more to people like Roman Sharf, Nico, WatchEric, etc.

- The Zoom meetings they started doing with the other watch guys has been cool. I thought it was neat they invited Archie on after the public bashing between the two of them the past month.

- The comments and photo of his arrests, pretty lame/low. Anthony talks a lot about his past and how he's trying to improve his life. Not giving people like him who are actively pursuing a better life for themselves, the benefit of the doubt, says to me your parents missed a chapter when teaching you how to treat others and be a good person.

- My gut reaction when I saw the latest IG was also a bit cringe as it looks scammy. But when I factor in that the wholesale watch dealer world is based around social media (e.g. dealer groups, IG pages, etc.), the fact that there is a ton of scamming in the gray market, and that he's essentially giving ordinary people a pretty nice "in" into the watch dealing world....I get past it pretty quick. He's either built social trust with his channel or he hasn't. Sounds like most people on this forum don't feel he has.

- If you truly get a decent wholesale price on certain models, it could be a cheap $2k to build your own business/reputation trading watches....if that's what you want to do. Probably a lot more difficult to do on your own.
that was my initial thought, that it could be that he's doing this so that people have the opportunity to enter the world of being a watch dealer and at the same time expand his network. i can't see some random 18 year old giving them the 2k he earned working summer jobs, but i could easily see someone who wants to get into this business doing it. after all, 2k really isn't much when looking at everything discussed in this world
Old 11 May 2021, 10:45 AM   #440
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

As I mentioned earlier, the social media, wholesale group concept is nothing new and has proven to be very popular.

I will say, the TPG buy in @ $2k is a bit ambitious, but as honcho mentioned, in this realm...with these products...$2k is relatively insignificant in the scheme of things.

There is a also a FOMO and the perception of flex factor to the club. For some that alone might be worth cost of entry..
Old 11 May 2021, 11:09 AM   #441
peacocknation
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of 'em!
I can't deny the thought that buying/selling watches for a living hasn't crossed my mind. But with a full-time gig, kiddos, and my own rule of thumb to keep my hobbies away from my work...it's like I tell my AD when they call, "I'll have to pass." Lol
Old 11 May 2021, 11:55 AM   #442
herts9
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
The first couple of episodes were entertaining, but has since jumped the shark. There’s only so many collaborations you can do before it gets boring. At least Roman went to Dubai.

And 2k for an “investor” relationship? Please. Perhaps investing in your business instead of 5-star sushi and Lambos should be your focus.

No doubt he turned his life around. Kudos to him. But something about him puts me off. A diva that puts himself on a pedestal, almost.

Sounds like I’m being a hater, and I probably am a little bit. But I hope he does well in the long run. I don’t think his platform is sustainable in the short term.
Old 11 May 2021, 01:20 PM   #443
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
Mug shot a bit ordinary, I mean serious, people whinge when criminals keep committing crimes and when criminals stop committing crimes people hang them out.

Never argue with a fool, as eventually it will be difficult to tell the difference.
Old 11 May 2021, 04:01 PM   #444
Hawk44
"TRF" Member

I find the videos entertaining but definitely a lot of cringe moments. When he went into the health spa and was telling the staff how he has a videographer came off as pretty strange.

Anyone else question their security? I mean I am waiting for the episode when three guys come in and rob them because they are so lax with having cash and inventory just laying around. It’s pretty scary and maybe somethings should not be for the entire internet to view
Old 11 May 2021, 05:06 PM   #445
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondoggy View Post
Mug shot a bit ordinary, I mean serious, people whinge when criminals keep committing crimes and when criminals stop committing crimes people hang them out.
I’m not sure why a ginormous mugshot even needed to be posted?

I mean Anthony has been crystal clear he made some bad decisions and did his time for it. He’s worked past that and is doing some unique and interesting things..but whatever.
Old 12 May 2021, 04:20 AM   #446
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Their new hire is awesome. It’s exactly what I would’ve expected.

Old 12 May 2021, 04:42 AM   #447
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
They posted a new video a couple hours ago, as the previous poster states they hired someone new, a very attractive female (go figure). He also stated they were raising 2,000,000, can someone tell me (since I don’t want to watch the whole hour plus) is that the $2,000 per person buy in for the facebook uhm... deal?
Old 12 May 2021, 04:44 AM   #448
JodyHighroller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
They posted a new video a couple hours ago, as the previous poster states they hired someone new, a very attractive female (go figure). He also stated they were raising 2,000,000, can someone tell me (since I don’t want to watch the whole hour plus) is that the $2,000 per person buy in for the facebook uhm... deal?
Check out page 14 on here. There’s a few posts where we are discussing it.
Old 12 May 2021, 04:48 AM   #449
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JodyHighroller View Post
Check out page 14 on here. There’s a few posts where we are discussing it.
Yeah, I thought so. $2,000 to become a preferred er... Facebook member? Do I have that right?

I don’t get it, but, maybe it’s just me.
Old 12 May 2021, 04:50 AM   #450
JodyHighroller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Yeah, I thought so. $2,000 to become a preferred er... Facebook member? Do I have that right?

I don’t get it, but, maybe it’s just me.
Yeah, that’s pretty much the main perk from a high level overview lol.
Closed Thread