The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 August 2017, 08:12 AM   #1
dominate
"TRF" Member

Watch: Z-blue Milli
Rolex from Stockx: Rolex Gmt Batman Font

Hello,

I pulled the tigger and bought Rolex Gmt Batman a week ago. Today it has arrived! the first thing I notice was that the date font on the Batman is smaller and more refined than than my Submariner Ceramic. Can someone confirm that this is normal?

I bought this from Stockx when they were having 20% off. The watch came with no box or paper and it has a Z serial (not sure what year it is from)

Thanks for any input!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_4134.JPG.jpeg (69.0 KB, 1206 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_4135.JPG.jpeg (74.2 KB, 1193 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_4133.JPG.jpeg (79.6 KB, 1193 views)
dominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 08:17 AM   #2
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominate View Post
Hello,

I pulled the tigger and bought Rolex Gmt Batman a week ago. Today it has arrived! the first thing I notice was that the date font on the Batman is smaller and more refined than than my Submariner Ceramic. Can someone confirm that this is normal?

I bought this from Stockx when they were having 20% off. The watch came with no box or paper and it has a Z serial (not sure what year it is from)

Thanks for any input!
You need to post better pics of the BLNR.
Why didn't they give you B&P?
Here's thread where someone else bought from the same site. Doesn't seem his watch is genuine.
Always 'buy' the seller first.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=556303
Old 25 August 2017, 08:22 AM   #3
tintinsonson
"TRF" Member

20% off MSRP? How much total did you pay for it?
tintinsonson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 08:27 AM   #4
dominate
"TRF" Member

I hope this is a better picture, the website states that box and papers are optional when a seller wants to sell it. It was 20% off so I thought either way it a good deal.
Old 25 August 2017, 08:27 AM   #5
dominate
"TRF" Member

$7200
Old 25 August 2017, 08:31 AM   #6
dominate
"TRF" Member

What do you guys think? Was it a good deal without box and papers for $7200?
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 6.29.18 PM.png (290.2 KB, 1154 views)
Old 25 August 2017, 08:31 AM   #7
JamesChristopher417
"TRF" Member

I've been looking to buy a BLNR and have been doing my homework. I have a very reputable authorized dealer and brand new the are selling for full retail 8,900.
If you got it brand new it should have box and papers my friend. Hope it works out.

Didn't see preowned. All the same add some better pics.

Last edited by JamesChristopher417; 25 August 2017 at 08:32 AM.. Reason: Correction to content
JamesChristopher417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 08:32 AM   #8
dominate
"TRF" Member

Here's another picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_4138.JPG.jpeg (273.1 KB, 1141 views)
Old 25 August 2017, 08:37 AM   #9
tintinsonson
"TRF" Member

is it only me or who else, the center piece of the crown is off center a bit, to the right.
Old 25 August 2017, 08:45 AM   #10
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT BLNR
Rolex from Stockx: Rolex Gmt Batman Font

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesChristopher417 View Post
I've been looking to buy a BLNR and have been doing my homework. I have a very reputable authorized dealer and brand new the are selling for full retail 8,900.
If you got it brand new it should have box and papers my friend. Hope it works out.

Didn't see preowned. All the same add some better pics.

I just bought my BLNR about 8 weeks ago from (I think) the best AD in the SF Bay Area. They sell them for full retail, $8,950, but have a hard time keeping them for more than a day, so since I bought mine they haven't had one on display. I realize yours is listed as pre-owned and before I got immersed in these forums, I considered an online purchase.

Now, thanks to my TRF graduate education, I'd buy only from a respected AD or from one of TRF's trusted sellers.

Good luck with this. I'll be interested to see how the discussion goes.

My advice: at the first hint of cold feet, I'd pursue a return/refund. I hope you paid by credit card?

Good luck to you. The people on this forum are amazing and they'll help you figure this out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 25 August 2017, 08:49 AM   #11
tintinsonson
"TRF" Member

Is it just me or who else, the center piece of the crown is a bit off to the right.
I bought my BLNR early this month from an AD in Palo Alto, full retail, tax free.
Old 25 August 2017, 08:56 AM   #12
The Libertine
Banned

Watch: 16710;14060;214270
Can't say I am familiar with Stockx....
The Libertine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 08:56 AM   #13
dominate
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstan9 View Post
I just bought my BLNR about 8 weeks ago from (I think) the best AD in the SF Bay Area. They sell them for full retail, $8,950, but have a hard time keeping them for more than a day, so since I bought mine they haven't had one on display. I realize yours is listed as pre-owned and before I got immersed in these forums, I considered an online purchase.

Now, thanks to my TRF graduate education, I'd buy only from a respected AD or from one of TRF's trusted sellers.

Good luck with this. I'll be interested to see how the discussion goes.

My advice: at the first hint of cold feet, I'd pursue a return/refund. I hope you paid by credit card?

Good luck to you. The people on this forum are amazing and they'll help you figure this out.

Can you confirm that your date on your BLNR is the same as mine?
Old 25 August 2017, 09:03 AM   #14
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
I don't see anything wrong with your watch..

It is not a "Z" serial, it is Random that begins with Z.
Old 25 August 2017, 09:29 AM   #15
ssetem
"TRF" Member

Watch: blro,daytc,lv,blnr
need more pics if possible
ssetem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 09:30 AM   #16
cda555
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc and PO
The mag looks the same as my 116710LN. Also, I thought it was rare for a fake GMT to have the correct hand stack of hour hand, GMT hand, minute hand, and finally second?

For those asking, StockX started out as a site/app to buy and sell sneakers. The premise is that the seller ships the shoes to StockX, who then verifies their authenticity. If they are real, they are then sent to the buyer. If they are fake, they are sent back to the seller.
cda555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 09:43 AM   #17
Turpentine
"TRF" Member

Looks genuine to me; however, the magnification is a bit smaller than the sub.
Turpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 10:29 AM   #18
sunizzle
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 16710 GMT
Get it appraised to confirm? The "Rolex" font and spacing seem a bit less flat than I might see in other pics, but it could just be the photo

sunizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 10:45 AM   #19
SpeakWithMichael
"TRF" Member

Watch: Superocean 44not42
And there's that big gap between the bezel and the rehaut. That wouldn't fly with me. I'd look at that every single time.
SpeakWithMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 10:52 AM   #20
dominate
"TRF" Member

Here is more pictures for those who are asking. It feel genuine to me compare to my Submariner.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_4142.JPG.jpeg (179.1 KB, 990 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_4170.JPG.jpeg (187.9 KB, 988 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_4171.JPG.jpeg (192.4 KB, 985 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_4172.JPG.jpeg (231.1 KB, 991 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_4173.JPG.jpeg (204.0 KB, 984 views)
Old 25 August 2017, 10:53 AM   #21
dominate
"TRF" Member

one more
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_4141.JPG.jpeg (189.4 KB, 978 views)
Old 25 August 2017, 11:02 AM   #22
Hairdude1
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP,PP, Rolex
Congrats

16750, 26401, 5711, 116718, 116710LN, 116300, 16710"Coke", 372, 15300, 15703 (All Flipped)
Official Member "Perpetual 30" Las Vegas GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member 'WIS-CON' Las Vegas Int'l GTG 2018
Hairdude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 11:07 AM   #23
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT BLNR
Quote:
Can you confirm that your date on your BLNR is the same as mine?
I don't have a head-on shot of mine but I'll show you what I do have and try to post a better picture tomorrow. To me, the mag on your BLNR seems a bit small, slightly off-scale. I only have the BLNR and a 17 year-old Yacht-Master and on both, the 40mm BLNR and the 35mm YM, the date fills the cyclops lens, even on the smaller YM.

But, to be fair, in the photos I *do* have handy, I see the same effect so it may very well be the photo of your watch and angle from which the photo was taken and not the watch! Keep asking here. The folks on this forum have a massive amount of expertise.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6352.jpg (253.6 KB, 948 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6269.jpg (267.3 KB, 950 views)

Last edited by jstan9; 25 August 2017 at 11:08 AM.. Reason: Typos!
jstan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 11:19 AM   #24
yxc145
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD,JC, BLNR, Ex2
it looks good to me. But I wonder about watches without paper and box. Either the owner was very careless and threw it away or it may be stolen goods. Does StockX protect the buyer if good sold is found to be stolen watch?
yxc145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 11:19 AM   #25
TMore9
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub Date 116610LN
I purchased a Ceramic Daytona from Stock X on their 20% off weekend as well... and all I can say was it was a nightmare!!!!

I first asked Stock X to confirm with the seller if they had box & papers. Once I learnt they did I pulled the trigger and am going to remember this lesson for the rest of my life.

The watch arrived yesterday, all seemed fine... Everything felt authentic and I had no reason to question it. Upon further inspection I noticed that the "swiss made" part on the dial seemed off/weird... I looked up pics of ceramic daytonas and none of them had a dial like the one I had... My dial was close but still very minor differences made me believe something was wrong...

I took the watch to a service shop here and they checked the movement & case... all matched up except for the dial... I still thought since everything else checks out it must be real. Then upon further inspection I noticed even more inconsistencies with the dial... and the bezel had inconsistent coloring... now I started to panic. I sent a quick email to stock x asking about this watch and they told me that I am wrong because the watch was authenticated by their "master watchmakers". I went to another shop that said the dial was wrong but everything else was fine.

I proceeded to send the pictures of the inconsistencies on the watch and basically told them that if they didn't see this watch had been tampered with then they were idiots and I would pursue legal action.

I got a response the next day saying they would check the pictures.... an hour later I get an email saying they are willing to accept the watch back.

Those 2 days were some of the most stressful 2 days of my life... oh also the box and papers were sketchy as well.. it didn't come with any hang tags etc.

I would never in a million years purchase from Stock X again. If I were you I would get the watch checked out by a rolex expert in person and if they too feel its off then fight the shit out of Stock X. They are incompetent assholes that think they are always right and the customer is wrong because they have "master watchmakers" well their master watchmakers can shove it.

If you've cut the green authentic tag off, just remember the serial no. is engraved in the rehaut of the watch and is also on their stupid authenticity cert. That's how I got them because I had cut the green tag off.

My case isn't over yet. I have sent the watch back... which they will recieve tomorrow. Only once I get my money back in my account will I consider it case closed. Will update with what happens.

JUST NEVER EVER EVER EVER BUY FROM STOCK X. Their customer service is useless and they are crooks.
TMore9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 11:28 AM   #26
dominate
"TRF" Member

Looking at the BLNR side by side with my Submariner the date just looks off to me. Here's picture of them side by side
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_4177.JPG.jpeg (291.3 KB, 921 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_4178.JPG.jpeg (268.0 KB, 920 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_4179.JPG.jpeg (186.2 KB, 919 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_4180.JPG.jpeg (235.8 KB, 918 views)
Old 25 August 2017, 11:32 AM   #27
dominate
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMore9 View Post
I purchased a Ceramic Daytona from Stock X on their 20% off weekend as well... and all I can say was it was a nightmare!!!!

I first asked Stock X to confirm with the seller if they had box & papers. Once I learnt they did I pulled the trigger and am going to remember this lesson for the rest of my life.

The watch arrived yesterday, all seemed fine... Everything felt authentic and I had no reason to question it. Upon further inspection I noticed that the "swiss made" part on the dial seemed off/weird... I looked up pics of ceramic daytonas and none of them had a dial like the one I had... My dial was close but still very minor differences made me believe something was wrong...

I took the watch to a service shop here and they checked the movement & case... all matched up except for the dial... I still thought since everything else checks out it must be real. Then upon further inspection I noticed even more inconsistencies with the dial... and the bezel had inconsistent coloring... now I started to panic. I sent a quick email to stock x asking about this watch and they told me that I am wrong because the watch was authenticated by their "master watchmakers". I went to another shop that said the dial was wrong but everything else was fine.

I proceeded to send the pictures of the inconsistencies on the watch and basically told them that if they didn't see this watch had been tampered with then they were idiots and I would pursue legal action.

I got a response the next day saying they would check the pictures.... an hour later I get an email saying they are willing to accept the watch back.

Those 2 days were some of the most stressful 2 days of my life... oh also the box and papers were sketchy as well.. it didn't come with any hang tags etc.

I would never in a million years purchase from Stock X again. If I were you I would get the watch checked out by a rolex expert in person and if they too feel its off then fight the shit out of Stock X. They are incompetent assholes that think they are always right and the customer is wrong because they have "master watchmakers" well their master watchmakers can shove it.

If you've cut the green authentic tag off, just remember the serial no. is engraved in the rehaut of the watch and is also on their stupid authenticity cert. That's how I got them because I had cut the green tag off.

My case isn't over yet. I have sent the watch back... which they will recieve tomorrow. Only once I get my money back in my account will I consider it case closed. Will update with what happens.

JUST NEVER EVER EVER EVER BUY FROM STOCK X. Their customer service is useless and they are crooks.
I was just reading your post about this. I really sorry what had happen to you! Stockx is new to watches and they definitely needs to hire better watchmakers to do the inspection of watches. Not to mention they send me this watch via UPS with no signature... I came home with the package sitting in my front porch
Old 25 August 2017, 11:38 AM   #28
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Looking at the BLNR side by side with my Submariner the date just looks off to me. Here's picture of them side by side
See the previous post from TMore9. I'd be curious about why not one but TWO new references have no box and papers?

It's your money and you can do what you want. It seems you 'bought' the deal instead of the watch.
The previous poster said they send you an in house COA, did you get one and can you post a pic?

I'm sure other more knowledgeable members will come along regarding authenticity.
Old 25 August 2017, 11:38 AM   #29
TMore9
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub Date 116610LN
Quote:
I was just reading your post about this. I really sorry what had happen to you! Stockx is new to watches and they definitely needs to hire better watchmakers to do the inspection of watches. Not to mention they send me this watch via UPS with no signature... I came home with the package sitting in my front porch
I too have a BLNR and a Ceramic Sub... I bought both from very reliable members on this forum and I've checked them for authenticity. They are both good.

Here's a picture... maybe this will help you with yours...

IMG_1743 by Tushar More, on Flickr
TMore9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 11:39 AM   #30
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
It actually looks correct. But i would be weart basedon the other guys experience with stock x. I think they are just a middle man.

That said nothing is glaring. Only way to know for sure is to open up the careback.

As to the correct hand stack, that is no indication it is real at all.

25 or 6 to 4.

Last edited by Etschell; 25 August 2017 at 11:55 AM.. Reason: Reviewed again
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batman , gmt , hulk , stockx , submariner