The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 August 2017, 11:40 AM   #31
TMore9
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub Date 116610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al1969 View Post
See the previous post from TMore9. I'd be curious about why not one but TWO new references have no box and papers?
It's your money and you can do what you want. It seems you 'bought' the deal instead of the watch.
The previous poster said they send you an in house COA, did you get one and can you post a pic?
They do send a COA with the watch. That saved me. Their policy is once the green tag from the watch is cut (this is not the rolex green tag but their own) then you can no longer claim. I cut the tag thinking the watch looked fine, but later when I realized the issues I told them that their COA had the exact same serial number as engraved on the rehaut of the watch I had in hand... I'm sure people try to screw them but I can't change the rehaut on a watch...
TMore9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 11:43 AM   #32
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMore9 View Post
They do send a COA with the watch. That saved me. Their policy is once the green tag from the watch is cut (this is not the rolex green tag but their own) then you can no longer claim. I cut the tag thinking the watch looked fine, but later when I realized the issues I told them that their COA had the exact same serial number as engraved on the rehaut of the watch I had in hand... I'm sure people try to screw them but I can't change the rehaut on a watch...
Good luck getting your money back. Keep us posted.
Old 25 August 2017, 11:45 AM   #33
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
It does look real, CHS, bezel fade, but at that price and with no box papers I would be worried it is stolen.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 11:45 AM   #34
TMore9
"TRF" Member

Comparing my sub and BLNR to the photos OP has posted I can say there is something wrong with your BLNR... doesn't look right. My date window on my sub and BLNR are identical.
Old 25 August 2017, 11:46 AM   #35
And1dre
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al1969 View Post
Good luck getting your money back. Keep us posted.
+1

They are really good at authenticating sneakers but not watches.
And1dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 12:03 PM   #36
dominate
"TRF" Member

Watch: Z-blue Milli
Quote:
Comparing my sub and BLNR to the photos OP has posted I can say there is something wrong with your BLNR... doesn't look right. My date window on my sub and BLNR are identical.
Do you see anything else? I thought it may be a replacement crystal but I can see the Rolex engrave crown on the crystal.
dominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 12:06 PM   #37
TMore9
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominate View Post
Do you see anything else? I thought it may be a replacement crystal but I can see the Rolex engrave crown on the crystal.
I am trying to see what else I can notice. But my suggestion to you is to take it to a Rolex service center or a Rolex Dealer. Get it checked out and if it doesn't match up fight Stock X hard.

I personally think $7200 for a BLNR with no box & papers was a terrible deal. I purchased my BLNR for $8100 from SohAIS on this forum. It came with box papers and tags. The warranty on mine is only a few months old... For an extra $900 I got almost a brand new one.

I think you should try to get your money back.

Just keep in mind StockX are extremely difficult to deal with when it comes to pointing out something isn't correct. This is why I suggest going to RSC or a Rolex dealer... That's a sure fire way to get them to agree.
Old 25 August 2017, 12:18 PM   #38
Duey
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Too Many To List
Like WOW - very nice
Duey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 12:19 PM   #39
yxc145
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD,JC, BLNR, Ex2
Quote:
I am trying to see what else I can notice. But my suggestion to you is to take it to a Rolex service center or a Rolex Dealer. Get it checked out and if it doesn't match up fight Stock X hard.

I personally think $7200 for a BLNR with no box & papers was a terrible deal. I purchased my BLNR for $8100 from SohAIS on this forum. It came with box papers and tags. The warranty on mine is only a few months old... For an extra $900 I got almost a brand new one.

Just keep in mind StockX are extremely difficult to deal with when it comes to pointing out something isn't correct. This is why I suggest going to RSC or a Rolex dealer... That's a sure fire way to get them to agree.
The price has gone up with all the trusted sellers on the forum. Like new BLNR are probably selling around 8700.
yxc145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 12:21 PM   #40
dominate
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yxc145 View Post
The price has gone up with all the trusted sellers on the forum. Like new BLNR are probably selling around 8700.
How much do you think box and papers for this watch is worth?
Old 25 August 2017, 12:27 PM   #41
TMore9
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Box & papers definitely isn't worth $1500... Maybe a good $400 tops... but I just have a bad taste for Stock X in my mouth when it comes to watches....

I think the biggest thing is the box & papers would let you know how old the watch is.... that's the biggest thing. I would never buy a watch without the box & papers.
Old 25 August 2017, 12:27 PM   #42
jguerra04
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day/GMT/Sub/43/SKY
I don't get how people buy luxury watches online from unknown sellers. Why pay thousands of dollars then try to save at the expense of the watch itself?
jguerra04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 12:27 PM   #43
tvf12
"TRF" Member

Is there AR on the Cyclops? In the comparison pics I see the AR Cyclops on your Submariner very distinctly, but I'm not seeing much on the Batman? I hope it works out, and I definitely think a trip to the local authorized dealer is warranted.

Last edited by tvf12; 25 August 2017 at 01:03 PM.. Reason: reviewed pictures on larger screen
tvf12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 12:29 PM   #44
TMore9
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jguerra04 View Post
I don't get how people buy luxury watches online from unknown sellers. Why pay thousands of dollars then try to save at the expense of the watch itself?
I completely agree, however, Stock X advertises to have certified watch makers that verify the watches are authentic etc. Also I was going off the fact that their sneaker sales are top notch. I have purchased sneakers from them and they have been exactly as described and completely authentic... I just think their watch sales are completely off...
Old 25 August 2017, 12:31 PM   #45
yxc145
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I don't know.. maybe $800? but my point is. The average price on GMT II BLNR and Sub LV has gone up with the TS on the forum. Before, they were around $8500 for 2017 watch. Now they are almost the same as MSRP.
Old 25 August 2017, 12:31 PM   #46
yxc145
"TRF" Member

Just curious. If a stolen watch was purchased by someone unawared and he or she sends the watch to RSC for service. What would RSC do?
Old 25 August 2017, 12:33 PM   #47
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Just curious. If a stolen watch was purchased by someone unawared and he or she sends the watch to RSC for service. What would RSC do?
I believe it'll be comfiscated and returned to the rightful owner or insurance company.
Old 25 August 2017, 12:35 PM   #48
gccmd
"TRF" Member

This is exactly why I only buy from an AD. You never have to worry about stuff like this. You might pay a little more but you are getting peace of mind with an expensive purchase.
gccmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 12:40 PM   #49
TMore9
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gccmd View Post
This is exactly why I only buy from an AD. You never have to worry about stuff like this. You might pay a little more but you are getting peace of mind with an expensive purchase.
I think buying from this forum is perfectly fine... I mean I got a 2017 BLNR for $8100 from a well trusted dealer. I guess from the prices right now that was a great deal. Of course if you have no intention of flipping the watch then AD is perfectly fine.

I haven't had issues with people on this forum... the first and only time I've had an issue is through Stock X and I would never buy from them again.
Old 25 August 2017, 12:45 PM   #50
yxc145
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi OP

If I were you, I would check with RSC to see if this watch was reported stolen.
Old 25 August 2017, 12:49 PM   #51
dominate
"TRF" Member

I just found this thread, it kinda explains the date issue. Could this be it? This BLNR has the sandblasted inner clasp which makes me believe it an earlier model
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=388337
Old 25 August 2017, 12:50 PM   #52
dominate
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi OP

If I were you, I would check with RSC to see if this watch was reported stolen.
That's a good idea, I have never contacted RSC before. What is the best way to reach them for this issue?
Old 25 August 2017, 12:52 PM   #53
yxc145
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That's a good idea, I have never contacted RSC before. What is the best way to reach them for this issue?
ha ha, me either. but, i think google the number. call it and ask. you have the serial number on the watch. explain the situation to them. i am sure they can help you.
Old 25 August 2017, 01:14 PM   #54
TMore9
"TRF" Member

If you are in a big city in the US you'll have a RSC near you... they are normally very helpful. Call them and say you have a watch you want them to check out to see if it is stolen or authentic. They'll take care of you.
Old 25 August 2017, 02:08 PM   #55
kauffee
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LN, 116500LN
The sandblasted clasp means it's a couple of years old and that's the time there were a lot watches with lower cyclops magnification. Yours doesn't seem like it's that small mag problem that I've seen on others, but it just looks like a hair less mag than your Sub. Everything else looks correct and the fact that you have it side by side with your sub and it "feels" genuine is actually worth something I think. Still, as others have said, I wouldn't feel right until I had it authenticated.
kauffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 09:42 PM   #56
JSolano305
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060/116710BLNR
I've been selling and buying kicks on stock x for a year now. I found it ridiculous when hey announced they would start selling watches and purses. I would never buy something I can't see actual pics of. My opinion.
JSolano305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 09:46 PM   #57
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Stock X advertises to have certified watch makers that verify the watches are authentic etc. Also I was going off the fact that their sneaker sales are top notch. I have purchased sneakers from them and they have been exactly as described and completely authentic... I just think their watch sales are completely off...

I wish everyone the best of luck.

Not the way i would want to purchase high end luxury jewelry.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 09:47 PM   #58
JSolano305
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060/116710BLNR
Quote:

I also purchase my BLNR from SoHAIS with everything. I bought it back in April 2017 from him with warranty card dated February 2017. I swear that watch looked brand new when I received it. I paid $8200 shipped. I also bought a 114060 from him February 2017. Like you said $900 less isn't worth headaches and issues.
JSolano305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 11:11 PM   #59
PatronMTL
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cda555 View Post
Also, I thought it was rare for a fake GMT to have the correct hand stack of hour hand, GMT hand, minute hand, and finally second?
This is generally true for a lot of cheaper fakes, but there are $400 fakes that look very real and do have the correct hand stack....

I personally would pay $1800 more for the box, papers and more importantly peace of mind
PatronMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 11:25 PM   #60
sager
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatronMTL View Post
This is generally true for a lot of cheaper fakes, but there are $400 fakes that look very real and do have the correct hand stack....

I personally would pay $1800 more for the box, papers and more importantly peace of mind

1000000% agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sager is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batman , gmt , hulk , stockx , submariner