The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 7 February 2021, 02:03 PM   #1
johnnyo63
"TRF" Member

Rolex 228235 opinions

I am looking to upgrade from my Omega dress watch(everose gold case and brown leather strap) and purchase a Rolex 228235(40mm) with the everose gold bracelet and chocolate dial. I was wondering what some of you thought about this combination and get your opinions on the watch itself. I would also like to know if the newer (ceramic pins) bracelet on this model will stretch with use. I am also looking at the Patek 5227R Caltrava(everose gold case and brown strap). Any opinions on how these two watches compare would be appreciated. Thanks!
johnnyo63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2021, 07:30 PM   #2
varcuuvi
2024 Pledge Member

218235 > 228235
varcuuvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2021, 10:09 PM   #3
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
The DD40 is a very nice watch in all configurations. The RG is unique and if you have the skin tone to match it you will enjoy it. RG does not work for me and I have stayed with YG/WG/Platinum for metal colors as I believe they are more classic and long lasting for any reference. But that is me and you will decide what works best for you. Good luck.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2021, 10:59 PM   #4
JodyHighroller
Banned

The DD40 has only been out since 2015 so we don’t know much about the effects of the ceramic sleeves yet. In theory, it shouldn’t stretch so I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

The RG with chocolate is an incredible reference. I have the RG with olive and love it.

The 5227r is more under the radar imo due to the leather strap. The DD40 glows with the highly polished case, center links, fluted bezel, and deconstructed roman dial. Depends on what you’re looking for exactly.
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote