The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 2 May 2021, 11:08 PM   #331
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Update: Yesterday did feel a bit down for a while, just rested in the afternoon. I felt much better evening time and actually went to the gym. This morning, I feel fine.
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2021, 11:36 PM   #332
CFR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Update: Yesterday did feel a bit down for a while, just rested in the afternoon. I felt much better evening time and actually went to the gym. This morning, I feel fine.
Glad to hear it Paul!
CFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2021, 08:29 AM   #333
JSol1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
That’s great! Pretty much what I felt as well...I’m now on my 2 week countdown
JSol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2021, 02:41 AM   #334
hbg1
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116900
Just got my second Pfizer shot, so far so good
hbg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2021, 01:20 AM   #335
Boothroyd

Watch: Wilsdorf(s)
The longer this goes on, the more they find out about the long term impacts of having contracted Covid, even a mild case.

I won't post a link, but it is out over the news services that there is a correlation of people developing diabetes after contracting Covid that is higher than what would normally be expected. (Fortune, Bloomberg, etc.). It seems to be happening in kids as well as adults.

Another reason to get the jab(s).
Old 6 May 2021, 01:50 AM   #336
Ellz
2024 Pledge Member

My wife and I have both had Moderna- no problems. Kids son 17 yo and daughter 19 yo have each had 1st Pfizer dose- second scheduled May 8th :-) Happy to report all good so far
Ellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2021, 01:53 AM   #337
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
My heart goes out to those who cannot get vaccinated. And to those who are still waiting, here is my light at the end of the tunnel update.

Fully vaccinated for a while now. Second Moderna dose: wife felt nothing; I felt crappy for less than a day. Small price to pay for having our lives back.
  • We still observe precautions in public places and with unvaccinated people but have been having dinners and get togethers with family and friends who are fully vaccinated. And it is great.
  • Did not realize how much I missed hugging people.
  • Got an appointment with a fully vaccinated hair stylist to cut of my pony tail. Cannot freaking wait.
  • In person court proceedings gearing up. Time to kick butt and take names (or have my butt kicked and name taken; one never knows).
  • Getting ready for a family BBQ in June. About 50 - 70 people. No vaccine, no admission (requirement does not apply to kids because they are not eligible yet). About 140 - 170 lbs of Boston Butts, cooked over wood charcoal for about 10 hrs. And beer. Plenty of beer.

And of course, wearing my watches again.

Stay safe out there.
Old 6 May 2021, 03:53 AM   #338
JSol1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainjogger View Post
My heart goes out to those who cannot get vaccinated. And to those who are still waiting, here is my light at the end of the tunnel update.

Fully vaccinated for a while now. Second Moderna dose: wife felt nothing; I felt crappy for less than a day. Small price to pay for having our lives back.
  • We still observe precautions in public places and with unvaccinated people but have been having dinners and get togethers with family and friends who are fully vaccinated. And it is great.
  • Got an appointment with a fully vaccinated hair stylist to cut of my pony tail. Cannot freaking wait.
  • In person court proceedings gearing up. Time to kick butt and take names (or have my butt kicked and name taken; one never knows).
  • Getting ready for a family BBQ in June. About 50 - 70 people. No vaccine, no admission (requirement does not apply to kids because they are not eligible yet). About 140 - 170 lbs of Boston Butts, cooked over wood charcoal for about 10 hrs. And beer. Plenty of beer.

Stay safe out there.
Love the update!
Old 6 May 2021, 03:56 AM   #339
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor & Cartier
Had my 2nd Pfizer. Typical side effects. Woke up middle of the night in a puddle of sweat. On and off feeling hot/cold. Better now.

Life goes on.
Old 6 May 2021, 04:04 AM   #340
SRQrws
"TRF" Member

Watch: YM 126622 Blue
Had my second Moderna on April 15th. Unlike the first shot, this one knocked me on my butt for about 24 hours. Fever, chills, sweats, aches. But the symptoms disappeared as quickly as they came on and I've felt great for the last couple of weeks. Despite the temporary side effects, I'm glad I got the vaccine and hope people will listen to doctors and scientists, not politicians and internet pundits. Get the vaccine!
SRQrws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2021, 04:20 AM   #341
Syed117
"TRF" Member

Got my second Pfizer last week.

About 36 hours later I had some weakness in my legs and some chills, but nothing too crazy. Lasted about a day.

All my family and close friends have been vaccinated at this point so I'm feeling great.
Old 6 May 2021, 06:43 AM   #342
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Stay safe out there.
This is great news, congratulations! My wife just got her second BioNTech/Pfizer today, I've been done for a couple months. It's been very liberating for us, now able to hang out with our friends and family without worry and mask-free. My adult extended family is pretty much all vaccinated. Now just waiting on the kids to become eligible. We have a number of friends who, for a variety of reasons, have chosen not to be vaccinated. It's nice to be able to hang out with them knowing that our risk will be near zero for serious illness in a couple weeks, and that we won't inadvertently get them sick. They don't seem to worry as much as I do, but there ya go!

I'll finally get to see my parents and close family on the west coast next month. We are also looking forward to resuming our travels as other countries open up their borders to Americans. Just found out we can finally take our trip to Iceland with our buddies that we had to cancel last year
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2021, 07:00 AM   #343
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
I get my second Pfizer tomorrow, my daughter got her second today and my son got his second last Thursday, my wife and mother in law are both fully vaccinated, once I'm done that will be my whole (close) family bar my Granddaughter, fully vaccinated. Between us we have had Moderna, AZ and Pfizer.

DAVE

daveathall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2021, 07:16 AM   #344
hbg1
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116900
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbg1 View Post
Just got my second Pfizer shot, so far so good
As an update, two days later and no real issues for me. Sore arm was a beast with the second one, if anything that soreness was the cause of being more tired.

I'm looking forward to being able to be around my elderly mom with Parkinson's and not worrying about it, being able to travel again soon, and maybe going to a restaurant again.
hbg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2021, 07:40 AM   #345
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Got my first shit of the Pfizer vaccine earlier today. Just resting and taking it easy now.
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2021, 04:03 PM   #346
Ny325
"TRF" Member

Watch: DW-5600BB
Going for my second Pfizer shot in two weeks.
Ny325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2021, 10:46 PM   #347
JSol1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW16610 View Post
Got my first shit of the Pfizer vaccine earlier today. Just resting and taking it easy now.
Auto correct
Old 7 May 2021, 06:57 PM   #348
Andad

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbg1 View Post
As an update, two days later and no real issues for me. Sore arm was a beast with the second one, if anything that soreness was the cause of being more tired.

I'm looking forward to being able to be around my elderly mom with Parkinson's and not worrying about it, being able to travel again soon, and maybe going to a restaurant again.
Just for clarification Ed.

Not worry about what?

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2021, 07:40 PM   #349
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Got my second Pfizer yesterday, sore arm, slight headache but nothing that needs a painkiller and feel really tired today, I don't feel too bad at all, just very tired.

DAVE

daveathall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2021, 08:50 PM   #350
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andad View Post
Just for clarification Ed.

Not worry about what?
Really? What do you think?

That everything goes back to normal and no one dies or gets sick/ill.
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2021, 11:37 PM   #351
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:

Stay safe out there.

I think you mean well of course but as an attorney (I’m assuming) I’d be curious your thoughts on how we as a society have decided to throw medical privacy and HIPAA out the window. Maybe not relevant for a private get together, but for public events and private businesses asking vax status seems highly illegal and unethical. The closest would be university required vaccines for dorms, but in that case your status is not constantly in public domain and you do have the option at some schools to attend remotely. What happens when boasters come as they will per Pfizer CEO. Do we make everyone show their vax papers with boaster dates. That latter is concerning and illegal. Strange times
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2021, 10:05 AM   #352
cvo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 117610LN 116610LN
Got both Pfizer shots - no issues. Looking forward to a steady pace toward life as we knew it to be with increased sanitized practices. Hoping everyone is safe and healthy - take care.
cvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2021, 12:57 PM   #353
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
My wife got her second Moderna shot yesterday; much like it did me, it kicked her butt. She was fine yesterday but spent all night vomiting which luckily subsided this morning. She spent the rest of today with a slight fever, chills, and body aches.
donas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2021, 05:27 PM   #354
Gab27
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothroyd View Post
The longer this goes on, the more they find out about the long term impacts of having contracted Covid, even a mild case.

I won't post a link, but it is out over the news services that there is a correlation of people developing diabetes after contracting Covid that is higher than what would normally be expected. (Fortune, Bloomberg, etc.). It seems to be happening in kids as well as adults.

Another reason to get the jab(s).
This. So many times this.

I got my second Moderna dose today and I feel pretty crappy. It's a small price to pay to stop a virus that has an affinity for attacking many of the organs we need to survive.

Severe disease with this virus is absolutely horrifying. Its brutality is on an entirely new level of terrible.

And, as you said, even mild cases look to have some very worrying long-term impacts that we are only starting to realize the breath and extent of.
Gab27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2021, 10:04 PM   #355
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by 904VT View Post
I think you mean well of course but as an attorney (I’m assuming) I’d be curious your thoughts on how we as a society have decided to throw medical privacy and HIPAA out the window. Maybe not relevant for a private get together, but for public events and private businesses asking vax status seems highly illegal and unethical. The closest would be university required vaccines for dorms, but in that case your status is not constantly in public domain and you do have the option at some schools to attend remotely. What happens when boasters come as they will per Pfizer CEO. Do we make everyone show their vax papers with boaster dates. That latter is concerning and illegal. Strange times
Too much here to unpack in a reply. And not my intention to stray into hot potato subjects.

But I will note that most people have a misconception about HIPAA. HIPAA only prevents medical providers and related entities from disclosing private health info (PHI). HIPPA has never applied to anyone else.
Old 11 May 2021, 04:29 AM   #356
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
Too much here to unpack in a reply. And not my intention to stray into hot potato subjects.

But I will note that most people have a misconception about HIPAA. HIPAA only prevents medical providers and related entities from disclosing private health info (PHI). HIPPA has never applied to anyone else.
I would assume proof of vaccination needs to come from a medical provider. If not cards/proof have no standing. Really not arguing but more so curious as we are approaching new territory. Seems like an inconvenient area of privacy we as a society rather avoid right now. Anything to get back to “normal”
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 05:24 AM   #357
JodyHighroller
Banned

Just got my second Pfizer shot this morning. Nothing so far, but I’ll report back later.
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2021, 12:45 AM   #358
JodyHighroller
Banned

Woke up in the middle of the night shivering like it was 30 degrees outside. Only lasted for about 20 seconds then I feel back asleep. Woke up for the day with low grade fever, headache, and body aches similar to when I have a cold.
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2021, 12:58 AM   #359
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
Received my second Moderna shot on Tuesady. That night, had the joint pain, shivers and fever that a lot of people report, but much milder than what you'd experience with the flu. Got the sweats in the night, felt fine come morning. Arm's still a little sore where I was jabbed, but it'll be gone soon enough.
Old 14 May 2021, 01:05 AM   #360
PBJ1925
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 326934
Received my 2nd Moderna last week. Following day had the usual mild fever, fatigue, and mental fog. In another words, didn't want to do jack _____ that day. Recovered quickly by the next day, wasn't too bad all things considered outside of some fatigue.

No symptoms from the 1st shot.
PBJ1925 is offline   Reply With Quote