The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 1 March 2021, 01:23 PM   #61
TheHulk
"TRF" Member

I think we should all pitch in and buy his Grail for him. That would be the SS ceramic Daytona that he respects and adores so much. Sorry just had to......
TheHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2021, 01:54 PM   #62
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHulk View Post
I think we should all pitch in and buy his Grail for him. That would be the SS ceramic Daytona that he respects and adores so much. Sorry just had to......
Peter, quit using fake members profiles for your posts!
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2021, 01:58 PM   #63
Maxy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Congrats Padi.. well deserved!! Your contributions too TRF is not measurable!
Maxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2021, 04:42 AM   #64
ronricks
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126610LV
Padi is the heart and soul of Rolex Forums.

Have learned a lot about the mechanical aspects of Rolex from his posts over the years.
ronricks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2021, 05:39 AM   #65
KBM
2024 Pledge Member

Dear Peter,

As many here, I've matured as a watch collector reading your posts and savoring your tireless efforts to share the impressive knowledge you have of horology. I'm certain the forum wouldn't be what it is today if not for members like you and I'm thankful to have been able to share TRF with people such as yourself.

Seeing this recognition of your contribution makes me proud to be a member and I look forward to reading your thoughts for many more years to come.

Cheers, my friend.
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2021, 08:19 AM   #66
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:

For sure! The one he calls the panda, right ?
Old 2 March 2021, 09:51 AM   #67
Rebel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Sub 75090
Congratulations, Peter.
Old 2 March 2021, 10:48 AM   #68
Kostas
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: @ kostastimepieces
well deserved, congrats Peter!
Kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2021, 11:04 AM   #69
britxt0
Banned

Finally... an appreciation thread for Peter.
Very much deserved
britxt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2021, 12:49 AM   #70
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Thanks guys I have been thinking quite seriously in hanging my hat up on forum,not in the best of health and now on high doses of morphine to cut down my everyday pain with cancer that has now recently returned.Afraid that any Rolex knowledge I have will now take second place on forum, but forum has given me great pleasure over the past 16 odd years,and especially over the past two to three years keeps me focused and taken my mind off my health problems,and once again many thanks to all those who sent me a get well card.Afraid as you get to my mature age now almost 78 my brain is like a big store cupboard, I know it is all in there, but sometimes now takes longer to get the right stuff out.And will add just hope I have brought a bit of Rolex knowledge to many on the forum and some have learnt a bit over the years.And if I have offended any member then I sincerely apologise but I always give a no bullsh#te answer and have always believed in calling a spade a spade.As for me now the most important thing is living and that everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.So guys stay safe in this world wide pandemic, and remember this, the most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value not even for watches.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2021, 12:52 AM   #71
Watchflair
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500 116518LN
Well deserved Peter!

I wish you strength and send you my prayers.
Old 3 March 2021, 01:01 AM   #72
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Peter,

Many thanks for the knowledge you've graciously shared, keeping the our eyes on what really matters, and want to wish you the very best.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2021, 01:18 AM   #73
Boothroyd
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Wilsdorf(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Thanks guys I have been thinking quite seriously in hanging my hat up on forum,not in the best of health and now on high doses of morphine to cut down my everyday pain with cancer that has now recently returned.Afraid that any Rolex knowledge I have will now take second place on forum, but forum has given me great pleasure over the past 16 odd years,and especially over the past two to three years keeps me focused and taken my mind off my health problems,and once again many thanks to all those who sent me a get well card.Afraid as you get to my mature age now almost 78 my brain is like a big store cupboard, I know it is all in there, but sometimes now takes longer to get the right stuff out.And will add just hope I have brought a bit of Rolex knowledge to many on the forum and some have learnt a bit over the years.And if I have offended any member then I sincerely apologise but I always give a no bullsh#te answer and have always believed in calling a spade a spade.As for me now the most important thing is living and that everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.So guys stay safe in this world wide pandemic, and remember this, the most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value not even for watches.
Wishing you the very best, Peter, and again, thank you.
Old 3 March 2021, 02:03 AM   #74
BumbleB
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing you
Quote:

Wish you the best of health and thanks for your invaluable contributions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
♛ Milgauss 116400GV ♛ Deepsea D-Blue 116660 ♛ Submariner 114060 ♛ Submariner 116613LN ♛ Exp. II black 216570 ♛ Exp. II white 226570 ♛ Sky Dweller white 326933 ♛ Sky Dweller Blue 326934 ♛ GMT II 116710 black ♛ GMT II 126710BLRO ♛ GMT II 126711CHNR ♛ GMT II 126710BLNR ♛ Daytona 116509 ♛ DD40 228238 H HUBLOT BIG BANG e ceramic C CHANEL J12 3125 AP 3120 MVT
BumbleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2021, 03:45 AM   #75
Runner1975
"TRF" Member

Thinking of you, Padi, and wishing you only the best. Always such good information in your posts --- I've been learning a lot.
Runner1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2021, 03:50 AM   #76
East Bay Rider
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710LN
Padi,
Very sorry to know that you're suffering health troubles but the respect shown here is well deserved.
Best wishes to you for your comfort and health.
It always just says "now"
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And if I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On
J. Buffett
Instagram: eastbayrider46
East Bay Rider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2021, 02:59 PM   #77
CFR
2024 Pledge Member

Peter, continued thanks for your guiding hand here, and wishing you all the very best with your current health challenges. We're all pulling for you!
CFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2021, 05:41 PM   #78
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Very best wishes to you Peter and thank you for your service to this great Forum.

Quote:
Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2021, 07:35 PM   #79
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Well said PADI, keep breaking those days alive records!
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2021, 02:19 AM   #80
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Well said PADI, keep breaking those days alive records!
Hope you are right Paul but got to keep thinking positive.

ICom Pro3

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Old 4 March 2021, 02:34 AM   #81
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
Cheers and all the best, Peter! Hope for nothing but the best. Keep those records and the no BS posts coming
Old 4 March 2021, 03:53 AM   #82
r_afficionado
Banned

Watch: a few
Padi, AKA Peter,
Thank you for the knowledge you have shared, many times over. I have personally learned much from you. I keep you in my prayers. May God bless you and may His will be done in your life. As you heal from this next fight, I wish you all the best.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
r_afficionado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2021, 06:51 PM   #83
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
And if that was the case I would have to pass it on, now a 1930s Rolex Prince doctor style dial now that would be a much better alternative for me.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club

Old 4 March 2021, 07:07 PM   #84
Andad
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
And if that was the case I would have to pass it on, now a 1930s Rolex Prince doctor style dial now that would be a much better alternative for me.
Good one Peter.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2021, 09:46 PM   #85
emersm
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
the most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value not even for watches.
Well said Padi!

You have given us so much, thank you!
emersm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2021, 06:08 PM   #86
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by emersm View Post
Well said.

Thank you, Peter!
Many thanks for your PM very much appreciated.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club

Old 6 March 2021, 07:54 AM   #87
scooba
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Anything
Congratulations Padi/Peter I always enjoy your comments and contributions , especially one I read sometime back on your fathers watch
scooba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2021, 06:02 PM   #88
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooba View Post
Congratulations Padi/Peter I always enjoy your comments and contributions , especially one I read sometime back on your fathers watch
Thank you and agree back then they were the real Rolex owners pity its not like is was back then with many of todays Rolex owners.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club

Old 6 March 2021, 07:17 PM   #89
AG23
"TRF" Member

As a relative newcomer, I sincerely wish you the best in your battle against your cancer and I would like to thank you for your immense contribution to this site. You have beaten it before, from what I’ve read, and I hope you manage it again.
AG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2021, 07:06 AM   #90
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Congrats Peter. Well deserved. Wishing you all the best sir.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote