The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 28 September 2018, 07:03 PM   #1
matt968
"TRF" Member

Omega service question - bracelet

Hi guys!

I have an omega seamaster watch (the Piece Brosnan one - 2531.80.00) in for service at the moment with omega.

Its been worn a lot, but seems very good condition.

Omega are charging me £410 for the service (which seems a lot), but they've got back saying they'd like to offer me a bracelet change.

Bracelet is normally £500, but they'd charge me £250 if they keep the old bracelet.

The bracelet seems in good condition, just shiny due to normal wear. I know these omega bracelets must be a pain to recondition as they are brushed and polished metal in different places.

Can't help but think they are trying to save some time by fitting a new bracelet.........

Bracelet should come back looking like new is my thoughts, and if not like new, close enough.

Thoughts?

Matt
matt968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2018, 11:15 PM   #2
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
I believe you're correct: Omega's Full Maintenance Service normally includes restoration of the original factory finishes to the case and bracelet. In the USA, Omega's "Customer Service" page on its web site has details about what's included for each of the Omega Service Center's standard types of services provided (in the US they're called "Interventions" on Omega's site), so I recommend going to Omega's UK site and checking for similar disclosures there.

I agree that having your original bracelet refinished by a professional at the Omega Service Center should be a good result. Is it possible the technician is concerned about the structural soundness or some other problem with your current bracelet?
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2018, 11:36 PM   #3
matt968
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post
I believe you're correct: Omega's Full Maintenance Service normally includes restoration of the original factory finishes to the case and bracelet. In the USA, Omega's "Customer Service" page on its web site has details about what's included for each of the Omega Service Center's standard types of services provided (in the US they're called "Interventions" on Omega's site), so I recommend going to Omega's UK site and checking for similar disclosures there.

I agree that having your original bracelet refinished by a professional at the Omega Service Center should be a good result. Is it possible the technician is concerned about the structural soundness or some other problem with your current bracelet?
Hi, thanks for the reply. The AD I spoke to said the bracelet should be finished as new or close, which is what I'm used to when I send other watches off (Breitling etc).

The bracelet looks fine structurally. Not much bend. It's never been serviced, so its just shiny. There are no chunks missing etc.

I'm just surprised omega suggested replacing it as an option?
Old 28 September 2018, 11:53 PM   #4
jason10mm
"TRF" Member

IIRC they are offering this bracelet swap for anyone, not just as a part of service. I think they want everyone to be able to get the screw bracelets instead of the friction fit pinned ones.

IMHO it's a decent deal, especially if it comes with one of the new adjustable clasps. Fitting a 1154 (or the other ones) to the older 2531 bracelet requires the clasp (~$100) and 2 screw end links (~$50 each) so you are looking at close to the same price. The new push adjustible clasps are WONDERFUL and any chance to get one should be taken...IMHO of course
jason10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2018, 11:57 PM   #5
matt968
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason10mm View Post
IIRC they are offering this bracelet swap for anyone, not just as a part of service. I think they want everyone to be able to get the screw bracelets instead of the friction fit pinned ones.

IMHO it's a decent deal, especially if it comes with one of the new adjustable clasps. Fitting a 1154 (or the other ones) to the older 2531 bracelet requires the clasp (~$100) and 2 screw end links (~$50 each) so you are looking at close to the same price. The new push adjustible clasps are WONDERFUL and any chance to get one should be taken...IMHO of course
Ah thats interesting. Thanks. While that sounds good it means the bracelet isn't original for the era. And with them wanting to keep the old one it's something I'm not interested in.
Old 29 September 2018, 12:05 AM   #6
Doc Savage
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Submariner 124060
Offer them 200

-Edward O. Wilson
Doc Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2018, 11:46 AM   #7
tictic
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt968 View Post
Ah thats interesting. Thanks. While that sounds good it means the bracelet isn't original for the era. And with them wanting to keep the old one it's something I'm not interested in.
I'd say that you made up your mind. Keep the original.
tictic is offline   Reply With Quote