The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 7 September 2020, 05:24 AM   #31
ganiccus
Banned

Watch: Exp II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Omega is overall great and boutique are very helpful.

They have no chance of surpassing Rolex.
As long as they are under the swatch group, they will never be able to touch Rolex. They have to pump out more watches, limited editions and 87329 variants of the same model than the market can absorb to keep the investors happy. it is no coincidence that the most successful watch brands (AP, Patek and Rolex) are all privately owned companies that don't owe shit to anyone.
ganiccus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2020, 06:44 AM   #32
mrockperez
"TRF" Member

Watch: out!
Customer service at Omega, especially the boutiques, is par none. A majority of the rolex ADs I’ve been to have had sales staff that were frankly rude. It’s a shame that you have to have bought multiple pieces every year for multiple years to be treated like a human being at Rolex ADs. Omega has the customer service down, but I don’t think that alone is enough to overthrow the crown.
mrockperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2020, 07:35 AM   #33
MinMay
Banned

At the end of the day go with the brand That makes you happy. I’m sticking with Rolex. And Rolex is always right. Not customers lol.
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2020, 11:17 AM   #34
Plebs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DantonIzzo View Post
So I called the boutique today and inquired about a flat links bracelet for my FOIS. I specifically asked whether the 19mm flat links on the 57 trilogy speedmaster would fit. She wasn’t sure but said that she’d be happy to order one in (at no cost to me) and for me to come in and try it on. If it fits and if I like it I can purchase it. Mind you the trilogy is a limited edition piece. And the kicker is, she only quoted me $720.

Can you imagine how a Rolex SA would react?

Customer service means a lot to me. I still love Rolex watches but if Omega wins out long term it will be because of how they take care of customers.

What do you think?

Very nice of them but still won’t beat out Rolex lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Plebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 11:14 PM   #35
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
What's pushing me away from Rolex and towards other watches such as Omega is price & availability. I'm just getting TIRED of Rolex ADs not having watches in stock. It's not the ADs fault. The demand is just ridiculous for no good reason. And let's not kid ourselves: It's not getting better. It's getting worse.

Therefore I'm starting to look more & more at Speedmasters and Seamaster Diver 300Ms. They are readily available at every AD & boutique, they're more than half the price of Sub or Daytona and the quality is every bit as good. And I don't give a sh!t if they don't retain their purchased price.

It's time to move on. Screw Rolex.
mmaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2020, 12:39 AM   #36
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

Rolex ADs are doing the best they can, as they are only stocked up on pieces that are less desirable, and spend half their time explaining why you can't have what you want. This is a Rolex issue, not an AD issue. This is how Rolex has chosen to position itself as a brand in the midst of very high demand.

I really love the Omega boutique experience. Been going back and forth with the manager at the Chicago OB for a week or so regarding getting a clasp for my Speedy that will accommodate the more common and available 20mm/18mm straps. She spent some time with my wife and me in person, and has followed up with emails and photos of every deployant clasp they have in stock side by side for me to determine which one I want. Imagine that, Omega actually lets you mix and match parts from different pieces without the pope's blessing! I'll probably end up just going with brushed steel, but it's so cool that I could get one of the ceramic/titanium models if desired.
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2020, 12:44 AM   #37
supernova
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
As for the title, don't EVER see that happening. If anything, feel as the gap between Rolex and Omega brand is widening more than narrowing.
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2020, 10:26 AM   #38
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
If beating out Rolex means better customer service, Omega already did, anytime any day. Rolex AD service can be bad because they don't need to be good to sell any watches and people will still buy. I loath to even step into a Rolex AD nowadays as I know I will be listening to BS.

If beating out Rolex means Omega becoming more desirable, more successful, better brand cache etc..., I am not sure I want that. As that will mean dealing with all the same problems of getting Rolex watches.
Old 10 September 2020, 02:54 PM   #39
spoon-turbo
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP
I think, for a normal consumer’s brand perception, Omega is not even close. Rolex will always be regarded on top... Sometimes more so than other haute horology brands.
spoon-turbo is offline   Reply With Quote