The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 12 September 2020, 02:05 AM   #1
ufboy73
Banned

Coming Back to Omega

My first two ‘real’ watches were Omegas - after a period of years chasing other brands I am just sort of tired of all the availability games, etc with them and would like to come back to most likely a Seamaster or Planet Ocean.

My trusted AD source is no longer around and I am not sure how availability pricing works...

Are ADs able to order pretty much any of these watches - unlike Rolex, for example, there are so many variations of these two watches (size, color, bracelet) I can’t imagine a single AD would have most of them in stock.

Do the boutiques tend to have more readily available? Is that part of the rationale/justification for not getting a discount at a boutique vs an AD (where I am under the impression double digit discounts are common)?

Finally, I am looking for an AD — if anyone has any recommendations I would appreciate a quick note!

Thanks!
ufboy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2020, 07:15 AM   #2
Strummer
"TRF" Member

I’ve been thinking the same thing recently. Started trying on Aquaterras and Speedys this week. Irritated with Rolex sizing and availability for the models I’m interested in and life is too short. In my area, the ADs are a mish mash. Some have models, some don’t. The boutiques have everything, but no (or hardly any) discounts and the Swatch Group won’t give you the tax break from shipping out of state to another address. At least that’s the way it was a couple years ago. I’d go to the boutique and find what you want, then look at some trusted grey market dealers on the forum. Seems like almost everything is available. Best of luck.
Strummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2020, 08:03 PM   #3
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
I think you'll be pleased with a new Omega. I sent a PM naming some dealers I like
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2020, 08:45 PM   #4
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Omega is a great brand and should be appreciated for what it is not what it is not, Rolex. Go try on everything you are interested in and see what an AD will do on the price. I have found 20% is not difficult on standard production watches and maybe as high as 30% depending on how bad they want to move the watch.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2020, 01:07 AM   #5
NoVaSubowner
"TRF" Member

Watch: Love them.
I picked up a new seamaster pro a few weeks ago and I love it.
It has a great tool watch feel on the rubber strap.
Same quality feel as the Sub at half the price without the AD games.
Sure. It doesn’t have the Crown on the dial. But at a certain point you could care less about such things and more about value for the $$$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NoVaSubowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2020, 01:17 AM   #6
Strummer25
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD4K Dj41 SubC YM
Currently on my 3rd Seamaster and none of them have ever missed a beat. Quality brand with an awesome history, much as I love the crown Omega make some damn fine watches. Personally I would buy preowned but that’s just me, they seem to tank in value first couple of years then hold
Strummer25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2020, 03:47 AM   #7
JoseR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air King, Omega AT
If you know a trusted grey you should be able to get a discount. I asked about the Aqua Terra grey dial blue leather band 8900 movement from one of my trusted dealers and was offered a 25% discount. I did purchase my first Rolex AK from him last year so maybe that's why I got that discount. Don't hurt to ask..good luck..
JoseR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2020, 04:29 AM   #8
BillBrasky626
"TRF" Member

I love my Aqua Terra (white face with orange accents). It fits just about any outfit and there are dozens of bands/colors that match it.
BillBrasky626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2020, 06:14 AM   #9
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

Seamaster 300 and Speedy for me. I’m sure I’ll go back to Rolex at some point but very happy for now.