The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 16 September 2020, 03:26 AM   #1
TimeAZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
Anyone else watching the Apple Watch updates?

New silicon strap is integrated, several size options at retail but cannot be adjusted, no buckle no nothing. Sounds awful.

And here I was thinking that GS was dropping the ball on adjustability of their bracelets!
Old 16 September 2020, 04:42 AM   #2
tom2517
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeAZ View Post
New silicon strap is integrated, several size options at retail but cannot be adjusted, no buckle no nothing. Sounds awful.

And here I was thinking that GS was dropping the ball on adjustability of their bracelets!
It sounds fine to me, like a rubber band.
tom2517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2020, 05:47 AM   #3
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
My sister in law wears one because she likes to have the latest fashion and loves that hers will show her heart rate, plus she can order a pizza. Oh, and her friends wear them.
Old 16 September 2020, 07:10 AM   #4
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

As long as Apple can track you more and provide data to.... i hear it can now track you washing your hands, and hopefully track who you're with in case they have an STD or Cv19 or the like.

It's was a snoozefest imho, yet i always LOL as the hyperbole is endless. "This is Apple fastest / best / whatever we have ever made." Well duh, anything 'single sku' newer computer-wise by anyone will have faster chipsets, etc.

This is without a doubt the best Apple ____ we've ever made (read: what you have now is crap, and we'll soon cripple your battery life so you but a new ____).
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2020, 07:13 AM   #5
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Who buys these?

I get it and I don't get it. I get it for certain things that can be useful and it's something lowkey for a lot of professions but they release one every year. Do people still wear the first gen ones?

Seems like an expensive piece of equipment that you can throw away every 2-3 years.
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2020, 05:55 PM   #6
arcadelt
"TRF" Member

Anyone else watching the Apple Watch updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeAZ View Post
Obviously you are not watching it closely. Your characterisation of that strap is quite wrong.
arcadelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2020, 05:57 PM   #7
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
My sister in law wears one because she likes to have the latest fashion and loves that hers will show her heart rate, plus she can order a pizza. Oh, and her friends wear them.
Can you post up the instructions Larry?

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2020, 06:00 PM   #8
arcadelt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
Who buys these?

I get it and I don't get it. I get it for certain things that can be useful and it's something lowkey for a lot of professions but they release one every year. Do people still wear the first gen ones?

Seems like an expensive piece of equipment that you can throw away every 2-3 years.

I did. More of a tool watch than any other traditional watch ever made, and only about AU$500. I have a Series 4 and I think I'll be good until Series 8 to 10, so not really a big expense when you consider that someone will probably buy the old one for a few bucks. I wear it for about 12 hours a day, and once I've reached my daily fitness goals, it comes off and one of my nice watch gets strapped to my wrist in its place.
arcadelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2020, 06:14 PM   #9
mongrelnomoad
2024 Pledge Member

My wife got me one for my birthday - a series 5 cellular. I hated it the first few days, but it's wriggled its way increasingly into my life. It's still too tethered to an iPhone (Downcast and Spotify don't work without a phone), but it's getting better. It definitely has a place, and I'm using it more and more.

I won't be upgrading, but I won't ridicule it either.
mongrelnomoad is offline   Reply With Quote