The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 27 August 2020, 05:49 AM   #31
Kittayos
"TRF" Member

Try a new 2-tone code, black dial and grey dial. Rose gold one with blue dial is also nice. It's some of the most comfortable watches I've ever worn.

The old code is too bland and plain. Get the 2020 models. They're much better. You are guaranteed to get 15500st blue dial or 15202st for sure if you afford one code. Not a bad choice at all.
Kittayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2020, 02:33 AM   #32
Maverick82
"TRF" Member

Icon6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanuki View Post

This is where I would put my money. Movement is not a factor to me since it allows for the perfect size case. Date placement is also not an issue when the dial is as gorgeous as this!!! I also feel this watch has a timeless look that should age well.
Stunningly beautiful!
Maverick82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2020, 02:31 AM   #33
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

I am all over this Code Purple. Will keep you all posted when I get it. Sorry for the crappy pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rockdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2020, 04:18 AM   #34
Becweb
Banned

ROC for me!
Becweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2020, 05:00 AM   #35
drhk
"TRF" Member

Although totally different watches, again a no-brainer: RO, ROC, ROO, then Rolex, then Code 11:59.
drhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2020, 05:01 AM   #36
rolexfanforlife
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdrock View Post
I am all over this Code Purple. Will keep you all posted when I get it. Sorry for the crappy pic.

I really like the purple! And the red too
GS: SBGP017; Omega: PO diamond; RM: 67-02 (Green); Rolex: 16710, 16520, 116509 (TMOP), 116520, 5513, 1680, 16013 (Tiffany stamped), 116610LV, 124300 x 2 (Celebration; Green), 126719BLRO (Meteorite), 226570 (polar) Oyster Quartz; Tag: Monaco; VC: Patrimony!
rolexfanforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2020, 07:21 AM   #37
Dave from NYC
"TRF" Member

That CODE keeps growing on me. I did have a chance to see a few of the new 2 tone cases in person. So beautiful. Those open lugs, plus those fume dials.... Just stunning.

I'm not sure it's my style, but I did see that new dark red one. Wow. Part of AP's magic certainly comes from the way their watches play with light.
Dave from NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2020, 03:23 PM   #38
wei915
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15400 Silver
Posting a full body picture of myself wearing the Code white dial with a tan strap. Even though I am leaning towards buying a Code at the AP boutique, I am still unsure of making the purchase..

From a third person perspective, it really does seem that I am wearing a fashion watch instead of a sports watch or dress watch. Some thoughts:
1) The absence of a bezel and the 41mm size of the watch really make it look big and less elegant compared to round-face/dress watches from Patek/Lange or even Jules Audermars.
2) I can't really see much detail of the Code's dial from 1m away in front of the mirror.
3) The Code looks better when handled in hand than worn on the wrist. I enjoyed looking at the brushed and polished side profile of the case and movement on the back.

I also asked about adding a deployment clasp (personal preference) and was given a quote of about SGD 4.9k for it, which adds up to about SGD 45k in total for an entry level piece. Given that this price range is so close to the 15500OR and grey market prices of the RO 15400/15500 blue, I am having second thoughts about making such a commitment. From my conversation with the SA, it seems that I will be able to get an allocation for the 15500 blue; however, the Jumbo will still be a very difficult buy even with the Code
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_523211.jpg (92.9 KB, 128 views)
wei915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2020, 03:40 PM   #39
Burlington
"TRF" Member

If you like the watch on your wrist, that’s more important than how a 3rd party may view or perceive it.

If you don’t like the watch, I personally wouldn’t buy it as a stepping stone to other things I really wanted.

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 03:30 AM   #40
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlington View Post
If you like the watch on your wrist, that’s more important than how a 3rd party may view or perceive it.

If you don’t like the watch, I personally wouldn’t buy it as a stepping stone to other things I really wanted.

+1 perfectly said.

True comments that at this price point you can get a Patek 5146J (used in great condition) which is super classic, gorgeous piece!

Me personally, don’t care what others will think when I wear a purple “fashion” watch. I know what I have. It will let me be a little incognito (under the radar) with others and I will appreciate the watch since I get the best angle. I get to see it on the side.

rockdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 11:49 PM   #41
Mainewatchman
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP & Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG1121 View Post
Ford v Ferrari
they are both the same brand so I don't understand this. Maybe if you wanted to compare two models from he same manufacture I would get that.

To the OP i would go the ROC but with that said I might go for one of the new Codes over the ROC.
Mainewatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 01:47 AM   #42
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wei915 View Post
Posting a full body picture of myself wearing the Code white dial with a tan strap. Even though I am leaning towards buying a Code at the AP boutique, I am still unsure of making the purchase..

From a third person perspective, it really does seem that I am wearing a fashion watch instead of a sports watch or dress watch. Some thoughts:
1) The absence of a bezel and the 41mm size of the watch really make it look big and less elegant compared to round-face/dress watches from Patek/Lange or even Jules Audermars.
2) I can't really see much detail of the Code's dial from 1m away in front of the mirror.
3) The Code looks better when handled in hand than worn on the wrist. I enjoyed looking at the brushed and polished side profile of the case and movement on the back.

I also asked about adding a deployment clasp (personal preference) and was given a quote of about SGD 4.9k for it, which adds up to about SGD 45k in total for an entry level piece. Given that this price range is so close to the 15500OR and grey market prices of the RO 15400/15500 blue, I am having second thoughts about making such a commitment. From my conversation with the SA, it seems that I will be able to get an allocation for the 15500 blue; however, the Jumbo will still be a very difficult buy even with the Code
But at this point, aren’t all watches not named Apple Watch and priced more than 500 SGD fashion choices?

Highly advise to try comfort level on with deployment clasp before getting it. AP shape of it is a bit different IMO and may drastically be uncomfortable.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote