The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 30 June 2020, 06:11 PM   #61
ap190482
"TRF" Member

Hi guys. Tried on the 5320G on Saturday, truly gorgeous! Curious if anyone else pulled the trigger. I noticed a few people signalling it was on their radar. I am definitely a huge fan here. The 40m wears well, despite my wrist size being on the skinnier side.

@vandyologist - how are you getting on with this beauty?

Appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ap190482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2020, 06:52 AM   #62
vandyologist
2024 Pledge Member

It’s so, so good. Definitely my favorite watch to wear right now. I love the dial layout, the syringe hands, the stepped lugs, the cream color, all of it. I didn’t like the shiny strap and swapped for matte so it doesn’t wear too dressy. I love it and recommend that you get one.

vandyologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2020, 07:57 AM   #63
ap190482
"TRF" Member

Awesome pics - great strap selection / the matte finish is definitely a great choice. Given the price moves lower...I think I’m going to join the club!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ap190482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2020, 04:43 AM   #64
trips
"TRF" Member

5320g is one of my favorites! It’s a piece that hard to capture in pictures, but definitely looks great in person. I’ve enjoyed mine as a daily wearer for over a year now. Good luck with your hunt and hope you have one on your wrist soon!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 367C3C87-F547-45B6-ACD5-3C454A9B757B.jpeg (81.8 KB, 963 views)
trips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2020, 08:00 AM   #65
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Congrats. This one always tickles me in a good way.
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2020, 04:40 AM   #66
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Oh man, I really love this one. Approved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rockdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2020, 01:45 AM   #67
Partekular
"TRF" Member

It’s discrete and doesn’t shout I’m rich and flash: steal my watch please!

I am after an everyday wearer and the 5320G is it. The case is beautiful and those who criticise it for being stamped not milled - well, how would you know? The finish is subtle perfection and the face perfectly clear and balanced. Forget the references to pieces from the past.

It is what it is. Clean and simple. Irresistible.
Partekular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2020, 04:30 AM   #68
charlysha
"TRF" Member

This watch is my daily and I really enjoy it, super low key for people who are not into watches, easy to wear with dual clothes and more formal outwear
charlysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2020, 11:15 AM   #69
Humble michael
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711 white , 5990,
Great timepiece- subtle elegance, congratulations:-))
Humble michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2020, 03:17 AM   #70
Partekular
"TRF" Member

The only thing about the 5320G which is a bit annoying is that setting the seconds hand exactly to the time pips does not seem possible..... Apart from that the watch is perfection and I also wear it everyday.

PP now sell it with the leather barrel watch winder and not with the wooden box with integral winder. This is annoying and I was lucky that the AD still had one.
Old 14 September 2020, 06:57 AM   #71
sambb
"TRF" Member

Are 5320g available to those who havent bought before from an AD? I am having some trouble.
sambb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2020, 07:48 AM   #72
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambb View Post
Are 5320g available to those who havent bought before from an AD? I am having some trouble.
Should be.

It's not a popular model that sells over MSRP on the secondary market. The haircut is quite significant.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 07:06 PM   #73
Partekular
"TRF" Member

In fact there was a 2-3 year wait on this model when it came out and a resupply arrived only recently so some ADs have one in.

It is favoured by the 3 AD’s I spoke to when trying to buy one as their favourite Perpetual calendar. It is clean faced, uncluttered, not look-at-me-steal me and an everyday watch.

Quite a few flippers got burned and are dropping their prices to dump them. Flipper Attention has switch to the 5212. Having finally seen on of those rather then just a photo I have to say 5212s are not anything like as attractive when seen actual size. Most web images are over-sized.
Old 18 September 2020, 07:16 PM   #74
Partekular
"TRF" Member

The 5320G had a 2-3 year wait list which a recent resupply has resolved. AD’s may now have stock. The flippers are now dropping their prices and moving on to attempts to skim off the 5212 shortage.

The suggestion that the 5320g is not a popular model is misconceived. Three ADs I spoke to thought it was the most attractive perpetual calendar PP makes. I agree. It has a clear, simple face and doesn’t scream steal me!
Old 21 September 2020, 07:35 AM   #75
Golden Ellipse
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyologist View Post

Done! This is an awesome watch.
The 5320g is an excellent piece. Well-designed and understated, it’s one of my favorites in my collections.

Note...strangely, it’s an unexpected strap monster...it does very well on a variety of colors...light gray, dark gray, blues (as well demonstrated in this thread!), black, and brown.

I swapped the deployant for a pin buckle and it’s a lot more streamlined for shirt cuffs.

Also, I dropped it on my tile floor this summer, so we are also testing Patek’s covid-period service interval. My 5940g took 3 months under warranty and the 5320 is promised by Christmas.
Golden Ellipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2020, 08:03 AM   #76
sambb
"TRF" Member

im trying to buy one, but cant find an AD in the USA, as i dont have one local. Would prefer to trade a rolex too. sigh...
Old 22 September 2020, 08:22 PM   #77
Partekular
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Ellipse View Post
The 5320g is an excellent piece. Well-designed and understated, it’s one of my favorites in my collections.

I swapped the deployant for a pin buckle and it’s a lot more streamlined for shirt cuffs.

Also, I dropped it on my tile floor this summer.... .
I was thinking of doing the same: buckle for deployant - you’ve persuaded me otherwise.

Sorry to hear about your disaster!
Old 23 September 2020, 03:45 PM   #78
STLBrax
"TRF" Member

This would be the watch I’d be most likely to next buy. My only real reservation is that I like to wear different watches so am not sure how much of a pain it would be to reset this one every couple of weeks. With that said, a winder would probably solve that issue.
STLBrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2020, 03:49 PM   #79
Partekular
"TRF" Member

The 5320G comes with a leather travel drum winder box and/or a classic wood Patek box with integral winder.
Old 24 September 2020, 04:57 AM   #80
DukeDevil
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambb View Post
im trying to buy one, but cant find an AD in the USA, as i dont have one local. Would prefer to trade a rolex too. sigh...
There are opportunities to purchase the watch from a grey and still get your name on the papers. PM me if you're interested and I can pass along info. I did this over the summer for this very reference and was thrilled with every aspect of the transaction.
DukeDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2020, 01:40 AM   #81
sambb
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDevil View Post
There are opportunities to purchase the watch from a grey and still get your name on the papers. PM me if you're interested and I can pass along info. I did this over the summer for this very reference and was thrilled with every aspect of the transaction.
yeah im still looking for any way to get one
Old 3 November 2020, 08:54 AM   #82
azizu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 3700/11AJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDevil View Post
how is that possible?
Old 6 November 2020, 08:03 PM   #83
Partekular
"TRF" Member

As soon as I saw one I had to buy it. It lacks the Mayfair glitz of a lot of PPs which I dislike. It’s subtle and doesn’t attract attention so it’s not a Flashman - ‘Look At Me’, ’Steal me!’

The solitary inner dial at ‘6’ is so much neater than the three messy internal dials of other perp cals like 5327’s, 7140’s with not so easy to read spider web dials.

The case /lug design is by itself a delight.

The simple face conceals the awesome mechanism.

I don’t care that there is no new movement - the one inside is well tried and tested.

The lume some criticise is creamy during the day and so unnoticeable until needed at night.

It’s a stamped case then machined. So what?

It’s PP at it’s best.

I wear mine every day.

As to second hand value - why would I care? It was bought to wear not sell. Watches are generally not good investments.
Old 7 November 2020, 12:48 AM   #84
raclaims
"TRF" Member

My AD offered me one that just arrived last week, I turned it down.

It's getting crushed on resale and frankly I find it a bit bland personally.

Good thing about this sport of watch collecting is that there's no lack of awesome stuff out there
raclaims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2020, 01:19 AM   #85
Partekular
"TRF" Member

Raclaims - sorry to differ from you so wildly but....

Patek Philippe isn’t really about sports watches is it? Even then ADs call them (nautilus etc) ‘entry level pieces’ - rather snootily! Rolex make supremely excellent ‘Tool’ watches in steel whereas PP are more about detail, precision, design, complexity, aesthetics etc. Given the choice between a Nautilus and a Submariner, Explorer, Yacht master I would choose Rolex over PP if sport/tool watch was my bag. PP is a whole different market. Even PP restrict production to the ‘SS Tool’ brigade and it’s odd that they ever went there. A whole market has grown wanting the prestige of PP wrapped in SS and even PP wish they hadn’t gone there hence their restricted SS production. I am also deeply suspicious of the grey market pricing of the 5711 for example (3 x list) price) as this pushes price and demand up.

PP need to stick to excellence and design - the 5320G is in that market: stupidly expensive and over priced but exquisite aesthetically in materials and mechanically. It’s a whole different world from the Rolex look at me Estate / Real Agent and car dealer / dealer Pepsi!
Old 7 November 2020, 02:32 AM   #86
raclaims
"TRF" Member

When did I say I prefer sports watches? I have a large collection of Pateks and I just don't like this one...sorry.
raclaims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2020, 02:56 AM   #87
Partekular
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raclaims View Post

Good thing about this sport of watch collecting is that there's no lack of awesome stuff out there
Misunderstanding!
Old 7 November 2020, 04:10 AM   #88
Sinanamus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270
Wow, you win at life. My favorite Patek pc and possibly favorite watch in the current lineup! Great taste!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Sinanamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2021, 02:04 PM   #89
uniqueMR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: P A T E K
Need to buy one, 5320G..
Old 26 July 2021, 02:12 PM   #90
CountryBoy
"TRF" Member

Watch: sun, moon, heehaw
5320G is so good that it makes 5905R, 5205G, and 5146J redundant, at least in my case.
CountryBoy is offline   Reply With Quote